• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Two Places to WaitList to Get a Reservation?

Disney Refugee

Earning My Ears
Hi There,

I want to get a Studio to the first week of December, and I do not care where I get as long as I get one of the DVC properties. Currently, I have waitlists for BWV and Saratoga. I am wondering if maybe I should switch BWV to OKW or perhaps some other property.

What do you think are the best properties to waitlist to get accepted?

Thanks!

If you switch now, you will go on the bottom of the list. SSR is your best bet, followed by OKW or AK-K. All are very unlikely for that time frame as it is the highest demand time for DVC. Good luck.

I don't have the numbers but the resorts away from the parks with the largest number of studios would be your best bet.

:earsboy: Bill

BWV has a chance if you WL pool/ garden. If you WLd Boardwalk View or Standard then I do not think your chances are good.

Thanks to all of you for the responses - since I made the BWV reservation within the last week or so I converted it to OKW.

Thanks again!

At this point, getting an entire week from a waitlist is going to be very difficult. One option is to stalk the website and see if days at the beginning or end of your trip pop up and then adjust the waitlist. Shorter times are easier than longer as they only fill waitlists if the exact number of nights is available. The drawback is that if you get some nights and not the others, you have to decide whether to still go so you don't want to be in a borrowing situation or anything. But, this could work up until 31 days prior (when you can cancel with no penalty) to the trip and might allow you to piece together a trip!

Looking for a week from the waitlist for one of the most popular DVC times of years is a long shot either way. Would it make any sense to waitlist POLY and CCR?

Thinking if they release a block of rooms previously unavailable you may get a week from the waitlist.

Good Luck

I think the odds on them declaring more of CCV in time to book on points for this year is sub-zero. They've been pushing cash bookings.

Keep checking availability at all resorts too. You may be able to piece together a reservation. Getting an entire week via the waitlist is not real likely to happen so if you see part of the stay open up book those nights and change your waitlist to the remaining nights you need.

Hi There,

I want to get a Studio to the first week of December, and I do not care where I get as long as I get one of the DVC properties. Currently, I have waitlists for BWV and Saratoga. I am wondering if maybe I should switch BWV to OKW or perhaps some other property.

What do you think are the best properties to waitlist to get accepted?

Thanks!

First week of December is so popular as to # of points & pop warner. I started looking for studio just after the 7 month window opened anytime after Thanksgiving thru 3rd week of December

End of June, i lucked upon preferred @ SSR for 5 days, via my own search. I grabbed it quickly. My WL for additional 2 nights came thru the same date while I was on phone with CM a few hours later added building preference to reservation.

No idea when you initially waitlisted but, if recently, I'd book a cancellable back up reservation on cash somewhere so you have place to stay. Always nice to have banked points in your account for the next year.

IMO your absolute best shot is to bump up to a 1BR or WL SSR preferred or AK Kidani savannah

In the past I would say SSR would be the best, but now that they split it into two categories, OKW (not HH) may be #1, and SSR standard would be #2, preferred #3 and AKV Kidani Savannah view #4.

you're also best to split your waitlist into smaller chunks, since the waitlist only fills if all of your dates come open at the same time -- which is not all that likely.

SSR Standard for your first night. And SSR Preferred for your first night. Whichever one hits first, start putting in waitlist requests night-by-night for the remaining four nights until they are filled. More work, but you are much more likely to get what you want.

SSR preferred should come before SSR Standard. More points required. Just like BWV preferred/garden.

SSR preferred should come before SSR Standard. More points required. Just like BWV preferred/garden.
My suspicion is the easiest studios to get in this situation are the 2 SSR options and OKW non HH view followed by Kidani standard view then BWV preferred view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter