Best Uber pick up/drop off spots

hammie59

DIS Veteran
Looking for best Uber drop off spots from John Wayne to DLand that might be less costly than directly to front gates. Is that even an extra cost? Last time we rented a car and we aren't very Uber savvy. Just trying to avoid any extra $$$ they sometimes charge when going directly to a major event etc.

Looking for best Uber drop off spots from John Wayne to DLand that might be less costly than directly to front gates. Is that even an extra cost? Last time we rented a car and we aren't very Uber savvy. Just trying to avoid any extra $$$ they sometimes charge when going directly to a major event etc.
Unless you are registered at a DLR hotel, there is just one drop-off place for DL that I know of. It's on Harbor just outside the entry walk to DL (very close). There is no drop-off that takes you any closer to the front gates.

Are you staying in a nearby hotel/motel? Will you have bags? You won't want to go straight to the park if so.

Edited to add: the ride-share drop off zone is very close to the security gates.

Unless you are registered at a DLR hotel, there is just one drop-off place for DL that I know of. It's on Harbor just outside the entry walk to DL (very close). There is no drop-off that takes you any closer to the front gates.

Are you staying in a nearby hotel/motel? Will you have bags? You won't want to go straight to the park if so.

Edited to add: the ride-share drop off zone is very close to the security gates.
Im aware of the drop off area. It’s very close in front. What I meant is that Uber rates can change drastically according to where you're dropped off or picked up from. So was curious if anyone knows if it’s true for DL. Is there a better place to go that’s less expensive in that general area is my question. For example, if it’s $50 to get dropped/picked up at DL and $20 at the McDonald’s across the street, I’m going to McDonald’s.

This is a one day trip to DL. Not staying in Anaheim. I’m slightly familiar with the area since we’ve been there before.

Don't worry, it isn't like that at DL. We use Uber and Lyft all the time when there and there is no extra fee for getting dropped at the main DL pickup/dropoff spot.

I plugged some drop offs right now in lyft out of curiosity.
I did Disneyland park, Camelot Inn and suites and the Candy Cane Inn.
They were $31.97, $31.81 and $31.77 respectively.

So it doesn’t matter where you’re dropped off

Unless you are registered at a DLR hotel, there is just one drop-off place for DL that I know of. It's on Harbor just outside the entry walk to DL (very close). There is no drop-off that takes you any closer to the front gates...
There is (used to be?) another ride share drop off/pick up location between the DLH and the Lilo lot by DTD. The last time we walked by there, earlier this year, there were signs directing ride share drivers to that small lot. It won't get the OP closer to the park gates, but it's nice to know that there is at least one other option.

... For example, if it’s $50 to get dropped/picked up at DL and $20 at the McDonald’s across the street, I’m going to McDonald’s.
The businesses across the street from the parks on Harbor used to have signs ("No Uber Drop Offs") in their parking lots. I don't know if the signs are still there.

There is (used to be?) another ride share drop off/pick up location between the DLH and the Lilo lot by DTD. The last time we walked by there, earlier this year, there were signs directing ride share drivers to that small lot. It won't get the OP closer to the park gates, but it's nice to know that there is at least one other option.

The businesses across the street from the parks on Harbor used to have signs ("No Uber Drop Offs") in their parking lots. I don't know if the signs are still there.
Thank you! I didn't know that and it's good information to have :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter