Best vacuum for hardwood/tile floors?

maslex

DIS Veteran
I'm looking into getting a new vacuum. I don't have rugs in my house but I would be using it on my bare floors/tile floors. Right now I'm using a Shark Professional Rotator vacuum. Looking for something different. I don't have pets so don't need a special one to pick up pet fur.

This may not be what you're thinking, but for hard floors, the VERY BEST is the soft-brush attachment on a vaccu-flo (built-in vac). You may be able to get the same effect with a cannister or stick vac but the really important thing is that it has a hard-floor attachment that's pure suction without a beater-bar. The hard-floor head should have some sort of brush bristles to catch crumbs and be small enough and shaped right to get into corners. I have a fantastic Shark stick that I use for my deep-pile carpets but I still haul out the vaccu-flo hose to do all the hard floors - it's unrivaled.

We use a Roomba downstairs on the tile, works great.
upstairs I was using a Dyson stick vacuum, it was expense and my husband had to replace several parts, we purchased this stick vacuum below from Amazon. We have Luxury Vinyl and it works great $99. We like it better than the Dyson for so many reasons.

WOWGO Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 160W Powerful Suction Stick Vacuum with 40min Max Long Runtime Detachable Battery, 4 in 1 Lightweight Quiet Handheld Vacuum Cleaner​

Using a Dyson upright for my combination floors.
Traditional wisdom says an upright is perfect for carpets/rugs while a canister is the way to go for hard flooring and soft upholstery. Times have changed though and many homes have combination floors so uprights have been recalibrated to accommodate the hard floors including tiles. Unfortunately the market for canisters is dwindling.

I just use a broom and dustpan for my hardwood floors. I'm on the hunt for a good battery powered soft mop for the hardwood floors. I didn't realize how dirty my floors were until my granddaughter started crawling, now I'm so embarrassed when she leaves my house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter