"BEST" value resort

We stayed at POP for our 1st Disney trip & Sports for the 2nd. I was really disappointed in Sports. I think because it wasn't as clean & fresh as POP. My preference is POP. I haven't been to the other 2 though.

It's a large inflatable screen. They project the movie on it after dark. Lots of people sitting in chairs around the pool watching the movie while others swam or just kind of relaxed in the pool watching the movie. It's usually a Disney animated feature.

It actually reminded me a little of the movies they played on the big screen on the Disney cruise. Lots of people sitting on the lounge chairs while others relaxed in the pool watching a Disney movie together.

This sounds so cool!! Like a drive-in! And it is at ASMusic and not Movies right?
(seems to me it would be at the movies resort, but then again I don't run DW...LOL)

We are going to Disney in December and are staying at ASMo....this is the first time we are staying at a Value Resort. We have 6 and 8 yr. old girls, so we thought this would be the best resort for us. We had visited this resort before and fell in love with all the Movie icons around the resort. We are a family that loves to go to the Deluxes and love staying at POR, so this will be a whole new world for us and we cannot wait :goodvibes. However, if I was going to be a solo traveler to Disney, I think I would too stay at Pop. When we were deciding where to stay, it was between these two resorts and we chose ASMo because of the atmosphere for our girls. Good luck trying to figure out where you are going to stay...it maybe just as hard as trying to figure out ADRs :lmao:

It is my goal to stay at all the values. I've stayed at Pop and ASMu. Both were great. Of course Pop is bigger but I found that Music was just as nice. We had a standard room at Pop and a preferred room at Music. This year we are staying at ASMo. I had originally booked a standard room but just upgraded to a preferred. :cool1:

I think which ever value you choose you will be happy. :rotfl:

PS I have heard that Sports can be loud if there is some sort or sports group in the area.:confused3

This sounds so cool!! Like a drive-in! And it is at ASMusic and not Movies right?
(seems to me it would be at the movies resort, but then again I don't run DW...LOL)

I would like to know this too...I was hoping it was at ASmovies. What evening/ poolside movies are offerd at ASMovies and POP?

I would like to know this too...I was hoping it was at ASmovies. What evening/ poolside movies are offerd at ASMovies and POP?

Nope, the definately show the Movies at the Music resort. I'm guessing because it is the middle All Star resort, and that makes it easy to get to if you are staying at one of the other All Stars.

To my knowledge they don't show movies at the Pop.

Thanks for the replies everyone! This is going to be one fun couple of months trying to decide which resort I want to stay at. My mind literally changes every day. Hopefully this thread helps other people as well!

It depends on what your preferences are. IF you like any particular theme, go there. POP doesn't share busses with any other resort, whereas all of the All Stars share busses. At the All Stars yu can go to any of the three food courts, whereas at the POP you only get that one. The rooms are similar between the three, between size and amenities.If any are "nicer", it'll probably be the most recently renovated.

I travel to solo to WDW several times a year. Personally I'd go with a preferred room at AS Music. Music is the only Value I would pay for a preferred room, but I do like one there just because of how the resort is built going straight back. I'd hate to be stuck way out in the County Fair building. As far as why AS Music is my favorite:

Both AS Sports and AS Music have recently been rehabbed, so their rooms are much nicer than either AS Movies or Pop. They have the nightly movies and kids activities as AS Music. The All Stars do share buses sometimes, but because they are so much smaller than Pop, I've always had better bus service at the All Stars. Also Pop is usually the very last bus stop at the parks. The All Stars seem much quieter and more relaxed than Pop. Pop just seems very busy and almost frantic at times. Now Pop does have a better food court, but I don't like how you just walk from the food court directly into the gift shop. It makes both seem really crowded and busy. I like AS Sports and have stayed there a couple of times. I like that it is the first bus stop for the All Stars. However, I still prefer AS Music even over Sports, because there seems to be more adults there. Pop has the better food court, but their food court always seem packed. If I'm there I usually just take the food back to my room. At the All Stars I have always been able to find a table.

I preferred Pop to ASMu soley because of the closer proximity of everything - it is not as spread out as ASMu. We were in one of the furthest buildings at Pop (with the big wheel) and it was not more than a 4-5 minute walk to the bus stops/food court. We were also at one of the furthest buildings at ASMu (cowboy boot) and it was a very long walk from the main building/bus stops to our room -it was a long time ago, but I'm thinking 15 minutes or so. I was wanting to try Movies next time but I think if it is as big as ASMu, I will get a preferred room - but then paying the extra for a preferred room, I might as well head on over to POFQ!!!!! Decisions, decisions, decisions :confused3

I stayed at ASMu recently and timed my walk from Country Fair (cowboy boot back of resort) to food court. It took 4 and a half minutes - my youngest is 15 so it might take longer with small children.

We've stayed at ASSp before and I think the layout there is better with shorter "longest walks" to the food court/buses..

I have staryed at POP 2 times and I am going again in 11 days. It is by far more than I expected on my first trip there.

I had always done either the Poly or CBR.

Well after my first trip I said I would never pay that kind of money again for a room at Disney. It's just there for you to sleep and get freshened up in anyway.

I was always a hotel snob and I have to say I am a POP fan for some time to come!!

I love ASMO Because food courts and Donald's double feature! I didn't stay in ASMO before!

Just back August 16th from 7 nights at ASMo. It was WONDERFUL!! We stayed in a preferred room in Buzz (bldg. 10). Our room was clean, on the first floor, and QUIET, and the bus service was great!! I don't know if I would pay more money for a moderate, just to sleep, shower, and change clothes for the evening. I figured out I probably got 25 hours sleep for the whole week!! We left the room early for rope drops or breakfasts and closed the parks everynight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter