Best viewing locations for HarmonioUS?

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
I know this is still speculation, but I’ve read that because this will be a projection-heavy show, there may be some places around the lagoon better than others. With fireworks packages being released, wondering what the best strategy is?

We loved the view of Illuminations from the Rose and Crown, but I understand this may be a side view of Harmonious?

@Robo, any speculative wisdom to share?

thanks in advance!!

My totally speculative guess would be the plaza between the two Kiosk Shops. It has a good head-on sight line across the lagoon to the American pavilion, and has always been a great viewing spot for Illuminations. In later years, it was roped off and required a FP For access. Time will tell if if this space is restricted to G+ in the future.

Just following along because this is my question as well. What was great about Illuminations was that essentially every spot around the lagoon was a good spot, minus any trees or light posts that might be in your way. I never did a dessert party or reserved seating for Illuminations because it was so easy to find a good spot on your own, and even if you weren't staking out a spot 30 minutes ahead of time you most likely could just stand around nearly anywhere and still get a decent view. I never saw Epcot Forever but it seemed true for that show as well. Hopefully Harmonious will be the same!

I didn't think this would be very good from the side angle views until they released the video the other day. Looks like the way they angled the screens make it similar views around the lake. I could be wrong but it looked like it in that short view video.

given that sprice road and crown have dining packages, it seems safe to assume that they will be good viewing. Unless DIsney is just really planning to screw those guests over. Given this, then is there any reason to think that the la hacienda de san angel window seat would not work out? I have a reservation there at 8:15 I am thinking to try for it, but have read mixed reviews on trying it for illuminations in the first place. Will check back in after it goes live of course, but was thinking someone might have some specific reason why its not a good idea to try for.

I think almost any place that has a view of the lagoon will have a decent view of those new monstrosities! :)

Just following along because this is my question as well. What was great about Illuminations was that essentially every spot around the lagoon was a good spot, minus any trees or light posts that might be in your way. I never did a dessert party or reserved seating for Illuminations because it was so easy to find a good spot on your own, and even if you weren't staking out a spot 30 minutes ahead of time you most likely could just stand around nearly anywhere and still get a decent view. I never saw Epcot Forever but it seemed true for that show as well. Hopefully Harmonious will be the same!
As long as there was an available spot along the railing. The last time we watched Illuminations (back in early Dec 2017) from the International side of Epcot, we had a frustrating time trying to find a place where my son could actually see the show as every spot along the railing was taken. I became quickly aware that Epcot didn't provide any elevate viewing angles for the show, so if you were shorter/a younger child, you were screwed out of seeing the show if you didn't have a spot staked out ahead of time.

As long as there was an available spot along the railing. The last time we watched Illuminations (back in early Dec 2017) from the International side of Epcot, we had a frustrating time trying to find a place where my son could actually see the show as every spot along the railing was taken. I became quickly aware that Epcot didn't provide any elevate viewing angles for the show, so if you were shorter/a younger child, you were screwed out of seeing the show if you didn't have a spot staked out ahead of time.
How long before the show did you arrive there? As a very short person that is my concern. I didn't book the dining package as it appeared that they were less than ideal locations for viewing not only the fireworks but the main screen barge, so I am planning to arrive early enough to snag a spot along the railing, whenever that is.

From the videos, it would appear that you need to be in near direct view of the stargate. Either between the stores (possibly to Mexico or Canada by you are off center now) or Japan to Italy.

How long before the show did you arrive there? As a very short person that is my concern. I didn't book the dining package as it appeared that they were less than ideal locations for viewing not only the fireworks but the main screen barge, so I am planning to arrive early enough to snag a spot along the railing, whenever that is.
Just got back from our trip this week and finally saw the show. It was hot this past week in Orlando, so I think people were sitting around the railing just trying to relax as soon as 6pm or so. The people who were camping out spots for the show probably started around when the sun started to go down (around 8pm or so?) for the 9:45pm show. Our family didn't camp for a spot and just took what we could find about 30 min prior. I'd say we saw about 90% of the show (to get the best view, you'd want to view the big circle 'stargate' straight on... we saw it at an angle and had a small tree slightly overhead of our view.

I'd suggest lining up at least a full hour before the show if you want a rail spot.

You need to have a direct view of the ring, not from the side. We were by Canada tonight. Could see the ring well, but we were at an angle and could see any of the projections on it.
Saw the rest of the show well.

Last edited:
You need to have a direct view of the ring, not from the side. We were by Canada tonight. Could see the rind well, but we were at an angle and could see any of the projections on it.
Saw the rest of the show well.
It just seems like such a misstep to take this from a show that could be watched well from anywhere to one with a very limited area of good viewing. I can't believe that didn't occur to them. Of course, many of the people making these decisions are probably used to watching from a reserved spot, or maybe in an empty park during testing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter