Best Wait Times App?

I personally only use MDE. I wouldn't shell out any money for an app to give me a ride wait time. Though I know many like the Lines app

However, like yesterday for instance, if MDE tells me Its a Small World is a 25 min wait and I get there and the standby line is outside and backed up to the pinocchio restaurant, I'll know it's a lot longer than 25 min and the app hasn't updated yet

I used the Touring Plans Lines app and felt it was mostly accurate, more so than the MDE wait times. Of course things can change by the minute, so more people could jump in line or have a breakdown which throws the times off.

I have found MDE to be a lot more accurate. On our last WDW trip, we were there for a week and only once was the posted wait at the actual ride different than on the MDE app.

The official posted times may not be as accurate as those of people who report their wait times on the Lines app as they exit the ride.

I don't have a Touring Plans subscription - seems I need one ($14.95) to access wait times and crowd data.

I used the Touring Plans Lines app and felt it was mostly accurate, more so than the MDE wait times. Of course things can change by the minute, so more people could jump in line or have a breakdown which throws the times off.
Good to know! Thank you.

The Lines app is the best, IMO. I have a TP subscription (and have for the last 3 years) so it was a no brainer to use the app.

I love the lines app. (We do have a subscription to see the touring plans estimate). I have always found it to be very accurate. DH and I “tested” it several times. Splash mountain said 45 min posted but estimate on lines was 25. We were in the log boat in 27 minutes- he was amazed! Happened on other rides too- we use it every trip.

We've always just used the MDE app, however it's best if a couple of people have the app. The last trip my app was perfectly matched with the wait times and the joke of the trip was my husband's app was tracking another day. We've had friends with similar experiences.

I have both the Disney App and Lines Apps on my phone. I found myself using the Disney one more often, but we weren't so concerned about lines. On this trip we just walked from FP to FP and got in any line we saw along the way if it looked short. We never had to wait long for anything. Got to see (and enjoyed) some attractions we otherwise wouldn't have seen. I found it a great alternative to planning every minute and chasing down the "optimal" plan. It helps that we weren't doing any of the thrill rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter