Best way from LA/Anaheim to Grand Canyon

Aust

DIS Veteran
I keep changing my mind on our September trip - we were going to stay a couple of days in Las Vegas then drive to the Grand Canyon for a day before going to Disneyland, but now we've decided against Las Vegas. However I'd still really like to see the Grand Canyon.

We have booked airfares between Sydney and LAX and planned on staying at DLR for 2 weeks, spending our time mostly at DL with 3-4 days of day trips. I'm thinking now that's too much DL (!!) and is there a way we can get a quick trip to the GC in at the end.

What is the easiest and quickest way to get from Anaheim/LA to the Grand Canyon? Fly to Las Vegas, then drive? or fly to somewhere else, e.g. Phoenix, then drive? or is there some other way? We'd stay at the GC for 2 nights, and after the second night drive back to LV or Phoenix (or wherever) then fly back to LAX ready for our flight home at 10.30pm. Any suggestions?

We have booked airfares between Sydney and LAX and planned on staying at DLR for 2 weeks, spending our time mostly at DL with 3-4 days of day trips. I'm thinking now that's too much DL (!!) and is there a way we can get a quick trip to the GC in at the end.

What is the easiest and quickest way to get from Anaheim/LA to the Grand Canyon? Fly to Las Vegas, then drive? or fly to somewhere else, e.g. Phoenix, then drive? or is there some other way? We'd stay at the GC for 2 nights, and after the second night drive back to LV or Phoenix (or wherever) then fly back to LAX ready for our flight home at 10.30pm. Any suggestions?

Are you not planning on 2 weeks anymore? 3-4days including a weekend day or two in September sounds just right.

To the GC Vegas would be more fun, especially if your haven't been. Even if just to see it also you will go by the Hoover Dam. Phoenix would be closer.

You might try flying from SNA or LGB to either one and then flying back from the other to LAX. Just to give you the best of both worlds.

If you haven't been to LV before give it at least one night. It's something to see. Also to LV there is a shuttle called the LUXbus, that is $99 round trip per person. Read this review. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611657&highlight=luxbus

Aust - If you are thinking of less days at DL and can stretch your non-Cali time to about 5 or 6 days, you might want to consider:
  • Fly to Vegas for 1 or 2 nights
  • Drive to CG for 2 nights (you can stop off at Hoover Dam on the way)
  • Drive to Sedona for 1 or 2 nights
  • Drive to Phoenix and fly out of there to LA.
You could fly out of SNA as Skiingfast suggested and then fly back in to LAX, depending on your connections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter