Best way to get from Universal to WDW?

scrapfrenzy

Earning My Ears
We are spending a few days at Universal before our week at WDW. I can't seem to figure out the best transportation options to get from the airport to Universal, then to WDW three days later. Any ideas of best and cheapest options? Thank you!

We always use Lyft/Uber to go from WDW to Universal. When we have bags we use the Plus level of service

We are spending a few days at Universal before our week at WDW. I can't seem to figure out the best transportation options to get from the airport to Universal, then to WDW three days later. Any ideas of best and cheapest options? Thank you!
Uber/Lyft is a good option as others have said.
Personally, I'd look into the cost of a one-way car rental. Pick up at the airport (MCO) and return at one of the "on property" locations at Disney (ie: Disney's Car Care Center) The CCC will shuttle you back to your resort when you drop off the car.
A short 3 day rental could rival the cost of Uber/Lyft with the added flexibility to do a little offsite sightseeing, shopping, meals etc.

I guess it depends on where you're staying at US. If you're staying at a US resort, you'll be paying to park, daily, if you have a car. Then, there's gas and the cost of the rental. Uber, or Lyft, from MCO to US, shouldn't be too expensive. It's only about 20 mins away. I know it's about $40 each way from Clermont to MCO, and that's a 45 min ride! Then, from US to WDW is about $14. Then use DME back to MCO from WDW. Unless you need to have the car for some other stops, using Uber or Lyft may be the most economical way to go. And you don't have to worry about driving in an unfamiliar place.

i have a car booked for November. Our plans are first staying at AKL and then moving to Universal's Royal Pacific Resort. The parking there is $22 a night. I may just drop the rental and Uber to RPR instead. Seems crazy to spend like $80 in parking when the car will probably just sit there.

Is using uber cheaper than taxiing?

I had some phone / gps issues for part of our trip so we did taxi for some, and Uber for the others. I can tell you that with a tip, each way the taxi was around $45, and that was even during evening rush hour traffic.

Uber was almost half that. I'd definitely use Uber next time (as long as my phone doesn't act all weird on me again!!)

I guess it depends on where you're staying at US. If you're staying at a US resort, you'll be paying to park, daily, if you have a car. Then, there's gas and the cost of the rental. Uber, or Lyft, from MCO to US, shouldn't be too expensive. It's only about 20 mins away. I know it's about $40 each way from Clermont to MCO, and that's a 45 min ride! Then, from US to WDW is about $14. Then use DME back to MCO from WDW. Unless you need to have the car for some other stops, using Uber or Lyft may be the most economical way to go. And you don't have to worry about driving in an unfamiliar place.

Thank you for all the great information. With parking at the US hotel, that adds quite an extra cost. Maybe not worth renting a car. Sounds like Uber is the way to go.

Thanks all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter