Best way to get to 8am PS for Cindy's...

JesNJakesMom

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Double Tree in Downtown Disney and will probably end up having to drive, right? Then we have to take the Monorail from TTC to the gates. How long will that take?

If there are busses running from DTD we are only 2 blocks away, would that be faster. I heard they take you right up to the gates? Any suggestions would be super!

BTW, we will be ending our day at Epcot, any advantage to parking at Epcot (for a good spot) and taking the monorail from there?

No advantage to parking at EPCOT, the express is not operating earlier enough for you. The resort monorail operates up to 2 hours befor ethe park opens. Park at the TTC and take the resport mono to MK. It will take about 15 minutes as you stop at Poly and GF but not many people are getting on and off other than those who have PS. We just did this last week while staying at BCV with the early seating at CRT

You will be fine if you drive to the TTC. You will probably be first (or one of the firsts) in the parking lot, so you will be right in the first row. I suggest leaving your hotel at 7am, get to TTC by 7:15- the resort monorail starts running at 7:25am. There will be a CM there to tell you what to do. It will take just a few minutes to get to MK and then they don't start letting people in until just about 8:00. We did this for the Crystal Palace when we had a PS at 8 and it was perfect. You can then either take the monorail straight to Epcot or get your car and park it at Epcot if you feel you will be too tired to take the monorail back and then have to drive from the TTC to your hotel.

There are no longer busses from DTD direct to MK. They don't even go to the TTC. I think they changed it because people were parking free at DTD and taking the bus.

I'm just bummed because our hotel doesn't start their "complimentary transportation" until 1/2 hour before the park opens. That will just never do. With 2 little kids and an 8:10 PS for Cindy's I just don't want to blow it now!

So, I guess we'll leave for the MK/TTC at 7:15am -- to arrive at TTC by 7:45 and MK by 8:00. It shouldn't take more than 5 mins to walk to the castle? We are suppose to be there 5 min early.

What do you think? To close for comfort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter