Best way to get to mk early?

We always drove to the TTC. I don’t know what the bus situation is like at CBR.

Want to get there before the crowds
just remember if driving you will need to take either monorail or ferry. not sure driving will be the fastest route as you will need 20 minutes or so to get from TTC if I remember right. assuming there are more than 1 stop at your resort I would plan to be there very early as the last I have heard Disney is not opening parking lots as early as buses were arriving from what I have been reading

just remember if driving you will need to take either monorail or ferry. not sure driving will be the fastest route as you will need 20 minutes or so to get from TTC if I remember right. assuming there are more than 1 stop at your resort I would plan to be there very early as the last I have heard Disney is not opening parking lots as early as buses were arriving from what I have been reading

Buses and other forms of transportation are definitely being allowed in before parking lots - I believe the parking lots open 1 hour prior to park entry, with buses we've arrived around an hour and 15 minutes early for MK.

Not using the TTC is the fastest option. Bus is the best free option if not staying at a Monorail resort or WL. Uber to the Contemporary security guard shack is a good option if you don't mind the cost.

MK is still better to take a resort bus than drive.

If you want to be on the first bus it’s recommended to arrive at the bus stop 90 minutes before official park open time. Some do OK at the 70-80 minute mark but you’re taking a chance the 1st bus fills with people on line ahead of you. On extra busy days some said 100 minutes was necessary.

Personally we’d try 80-90 minutes on an average day.

The bus is definitely fastest, but you need to be on the early bus.
They have been opening the parks about 45 minutes ahead of the scheduled time. They have not been letting cars into the lot until about 45 minutes before the scheduled opening. Therefore everyone on resort monorail or buses is ahead of those driving in. Plus driving, you have to wait for the ferry or monorail.

Not using the TTC is the fastest option. Bus is the best free option if not staying at a Monorail resort or WL. Uber to the Contemporary security guard shack is a good option if you don't mind the cost.

They are not allowing UBER drop offs at the Contemporary. The only way to be dropped off at the Contemporary (or any Disney Resort) is if you have a sit-down dining reservation

They are not allowing UBER drop offs at the Contemporary. The only way to be dropped off at the Contemporary (or any Disney Resort) is if you have a sit-down dining reservation

That is sorta true. The Uber driver will happily drop you off OUTSIDE of the security guard stand. Which is an even better walk to MK than the front of the resort is.

That is sorta true. The Uber driver will happily drop you off OUTSIDE of the security guard stand. Which is an even better walk to MK than the front of the resort is.

Last month (I was there Apr 14 to 21) they had a police officer parked across the street from the guard shack and the officer's wasn't allowing people to get out of the cars there - at least in the mornings they did.

Last month (I was there Apr 14 to 21) they had a police officer parked across the street from the guard shack and the officer's wasn't allowing people to get out of the cars there - at least in the mornings they did.

Hmmm it worked for us in December. That’s either new or was just in place for spring break crowds. I mean the cop being there isn’t new. There’s always one right there. But the telling people they can’t get out at the guard shack is.

Hmmm it worked for us in December. That’s either new or was just in place for spring break crowds. I mean the cop being there isn’t new. There’s always one right there. But the telling people they can’t get out at the guard shack is.
Probably just depends on the cop. Some just want to sit in their cruiser.

When I was there in April, it was during the time period that The Contempo Cafe was only allowing mobile orders from guests of the Contemporary - so I'm guessing they were trying to set solid boundaries in every area to keep traffic down.

Buses and other forms of transportation are definitely being allowed in before parking lots - I believe the parking lots open 1 hour prior to park entry, with buses we've arrived around an hour and 15 minutes early for MK.

Are Ubers allowed to arrive before the parking lots open??? I haven't been to Disney since 2004. Boy, have things changed!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter