Best way to get to parks during PEAK season?

Hoosier

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

We will be staying at the Poly, March 24-28th, and for the first time ever, we will be renting a car (last two days at Universal). Assuming it will be CROWDED, what is the best way to go to the parks, excluding of course MK? Will it be faster and more efficient to drive to the other parks?

Thanks for any info,
Tracey

No. The buses have dedicated lanes to get through the toll plazas at each park Even though as a resort guest you wo'nt have to pay for parking, you still need to sit in the lines to get through the toll booths. Same thing with leaving the park at night. Even though you might have to wait for a bus or two, it's still going to be faster than waiting ina queue of cars trying to get out of the parking lot.

Anne

Fastest to MK is the monorail. The monorail is also convenient to Epcot but not necessarily faster than going by car-- likely about the same). Fastest by a significant measure to anywhere else will be the car (AK, MGM. DD, waterparks, etc.) Parking at MGM and AK is easy and the tram from the parking area to the front entrance is always quick. Sure the busses have deicated lanes at the parks but that bus with wait time can often be 35 minutes or more and over an hour at park closing; car is faster. And I disagree that you will be waiting in a long queue of cars at park closing -- even then the car is faster than the bus (we done both at Easter time and I assure you the car is faster at park closing at MGM, AK and Epcot).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter