• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to get to Wilderness Lodge

4ParkFamily

Mouseketeer
We are not allowed to take the GC, so what is the best way get to the WL from FW? Is it a long walk? :confused3

other options:
1. Enjoy a leisurely boat ride over.
2. Bike over, if you have bikes.
3. About a 15 or 20 minute walk, where you may see some wildlife critters.
2 ways to walk there. 1 is down by the beach, a sandy path over. 2 is by the bus stop at the Settlement, there is a sidewalk to walk on.

Its about 1/2 - 3/4 mi walk, and if you take the path along the lake you will see Deer, there's also the Boat..

other options:
1. Enjoy a leisurely boat ride over.
2. Bike over, if you have bikes.
3. About a 15 or 20 minute walk, where you may see some wildlife critters.
2 ways to walk there. 1 is down by the beach, a sandy path over. 2 is by the bus stop at the Settlement, there is a sidewalk to walk on.

There's also a bus from the Settlement - remember?

If we are at MK the day of our BBQ at 6:30 what is the best way to get there and how long does i take so we can plan? Thanks

If we are at MK the day of our BBQ at 6:30 what is the best way to get there and how long does i take so we can plan? Thanks

Take a boat from MK to FW. The ride is about 10 minutes dock to dock. Then a 5 minute walk or less to the BBQ.

There are as people said multiple ways to get there:

1. Take the small boat (right side of the marina) that shuttles between the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and Fort
2. Bus from the Settlement Depot area near the Pony Ride/Tri Circle D ranch to Wilderness Lodge
3. The paved walking exercise trail from the Settlement bus Depot that runs next to the bus/service road to Wilderness Lodge. The trail is 0.9 miles and by the time you walk past the Villas to the main lobby area it's a full mile. At a leisurely walking pace (2 miles per hour) that's 30 minutes. At a brisk pace (3 mph) it's 20 minutes. You can also bike along this trail.

After a meal at WL I could use a walk back to the Fort. :goodvibes

Bama ED

as pp said it is about 10 minutes dock to dock but that is with getting on and boat leaving. could have almost 20 minute wait for boat to arrive and unload and get ready to head back. i would allow about 40 minutes jn case you just miss the boat and to walk short was to BBQ. if early will be able to stop at playground on your way.

Thanks for all tour help!:thumbsup2 Stayed in the cabins Dec. 2011. Trying the Pop up for the first time at the fort in March. Cant wait! See yall soon!:wave2:

Hey 4ParkFamily,

Y'all are right close to my neck of the woods. Congrats on your pop-up. Hope you enjoy camping as much as we do. There are some great places to stay close by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter