Best way to have coffee as soon as you wake up?

KodakFigment

Mouseketeer
Seems like a simple question but I can't find an answer. If I want a cup of coffee before I get dressed and venture out of the stateroom is morning room service the best way? If so, will they knock on the door or just leave it in the hall? I wake up way before my hubby and don't want to disturb him. Someone somewhere mentioned the coffee comes in an insulated carafe? If so I could probably get that before bed the night before. Don't laugh!! this is VITAL information
:)

I agree it's essential info!

Order in a carafe from room service the night before. And then I add Starbucks VIA's to all my coffee when travelling because it's never strong enough for me.

Sit on verandah and sip. Bliss.

Order in a carafe from room service the night before. And then I add Starbucks VIA's to all my coffee when travelling because it's never strong enough for me.

Bliss.
Thank you! And my husband thanks you too!

We always ordered coffee from room service before going to bed to be delivered at a specific time the next morning. We'd set the alarm for 5 minutes prior so we'd have fresh coffee as soon as we got up and before the kids were awake so we could enjoy coffee on the veranda listening to the ocean while the kiddos were still asleep. A couple of times they actually delivered a minute or two before our alarm went off. I'm sure we were a sight to see when we opened the door. :scared: But it was always THE best way to start the day.

I'm also the early riser and I like a latte. I figured out to toss on tshirt/yoga pants and run up to Cabana's then bring my stuff back. I'd get hot water to use with my Starbucks via I brought with me, then sit out on the verandah with my coffee and breakfast in peace.

Asking for a carafe the night before doesn't work. It's lukewarm/not hot enough by the morning. yuck.

I'm an early riser (like 5 am early) & I head to deck 11 to fill my thermos with piping hot water from the drink station.
I then go back to my room & make coffee out of my French press called "aero press" ($30 at amazon).. then a good hour on either the verandah or Meridian with my fav book.
Works like a charm.
I never drink the hot brown water at cabanas or the drink station... life's too short to drink bad coffee..
Cove cafe is also a good alternative after 7 am.

Asking for a carafe the night before doesn't work. It's lukewarm/not hot enough by the morning. yuck.

I'm an early riser (like 5 am early) & I head to deck 11 to fill my thermos with piping hot water from the drink station.
I then go back to my room & make coffee out of my French press called "aero press" ($30 at amazon).. then a good hour on either the verandah or Meridian with my fav book.
Works like a charm.
I never drink the hot brown water at cabanas or the drink station... life's too short to drink bad coffee..
Cove cafe is also a good alternative after 7 am.
You don't have to get the coffee the night before. You order it for room service delivery in the morning. It's fresh and early. We would have ours delivered at 6:00am.

Yep and you can even include a danish....yummy....
Yep we would order donuts for the kids with our coffee. They would watch cartoons and eat donuts to give us extra time to get ready for the day before we went to Cabanas for real breakfast. 😂

Seems like a simple question but I can't find an answer. If I want a cup of coffee before I get dressed and venture out of the stateroom is morning room service the best way? If so, will they knock on the door or just leave it in the hall? I wake up way before my hubby and don't want to disturb him. Someone somewhere mentioned the coffee comes in an insulated carafe? If so I could probably get that before bed the night before. Don't laugh!! this is VITAL information

I feel your pain completely. It is vital.
We order room service and it's usually pretty fast. Room service is not available the last morning so I order a pot the night before, tighten the lid super tight, and wrap it in several towels. It's not steaming hot in the am but more than just lukewarm. Dh doesn't mind going up to Cabanas and bringing some down for us but he likes a shower first so the wrapped up system works for me until he returns with fresh.
On regular cruise days, I call room service. They used to knock and you'd let them in and they'd put it on the coffee table. (lol.) Since covid, they park a rolling cart across the doorway and stand opposite it so they can slide the tray over without coming inside or getting close to you. It was fine for me.

We always ordered coffee from room service before going to bed to be delivered at a specific time the next morning. We'd set the alarm for 5 minutes prior so we'd have fresh coffee as soon as we got up and before the kids were awake so we could enjoy coffee on the veranda listening to the ocean while the kiddos were still asleep. A couple of times they actually delivered a minute or two before our alarm went off. I'm sure we were a sight to see when we opened the door. :scared: But it was always THE best way to start the day.
This is great. They always had those cards to fill out and hang on the door at night but I didn't know you could call with a specific time. I will definitely do that.

I don’t know about that. My coffeepot is set to turn on 5 mins before my alarm clock. It’s always fresh and ready for me when my eyes open.

When you put in your room service coffee order, have them include 4 chocolate pillows [small pillow shaped chocolate croissants]. Very tasty. You can also find them in Cove Cafe. Enjoy.

yes I know you can change the time. the coffee pot was defective and decided to make full pots of coffee in the middle of the night. After much frustration in trying to get it fixed, I tossed it out!
Anyway, yes along with your room service order ask for croissants!! Let the spoiling begin.

WARNING: you WILL get spoiled. took me a few days to accept the fact that no one was going to be knocking on my door with freshly brewed coffee and pastries once I got home....
They will if you order through Grubhub, LOL.

Sit on verandah and sip. Bliss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter