Best way to put your contact info on a toddler?

Disney CM's don't search children and they aren't calling cell phone numbers that may appear on clothing. They are very firm about this. They have been reuniting lost parents with their kids for many years. They have their own protocol.
Taking a photo every day before walking out the door seems the most efficient way to go.
If bracelets, necklaces and pinned on notes help the parents feel better, it's ok.
As a parent, I would much rather have a CM handle a lost child than another guest. If CMs are not going to use any kind of identification to find parents, it seems to me that worrying about tagging your child is unnecessary.

When my DS was a toddler I had a small engraved tag on his shoelace. He couldn't get it off and someone would notice it. But you need shoelaces. Now as an adult he wears a medical alert bracelet but somehow between our January and February trip I misplaced it. No time to get a new one so I ordered these and wrote on them each day, both sides what I needed to write. No way to get off and he liked the bright color. I started thinking these would have been great with all my kids as they were growing up. Inexpensive and plenty for lots of outings.

Note: I had to buy 500 because I needed in two days but you can buy much less if you have a bit more time. LINK ⬇️

Tyvek WRISTBANDS, multiple quantities and colors

71vwpkkH-rL._AC_SX679_.jpg

As a parent, I would much rather have a CM handle a lost child than another guest. If CMs are not going to use any kind of identification to find parents, it seems to me that worrying about tagging your child is unnecessary.

Exactly. As a parent, when I come upon a lost child, I head immediately to the nearest CM because I don't want ANY liability for that child.

This just happened 2 weeks ago. A little girl, maybe 4, was just standing in the middle of a walkway in Fantasyland looking around with a very solemn expression. I watched from a distance for a minute, looking for adults that may be looking for her. Nothing. I walked up to her, bent down and said "sweetie, did you lose your family?" She nodded, so I said "okay, let's get a helper to find them for you" and I motioned for her to follow me. I handed her off to the CM at the nearest attraction entrance and as I was walking away, her mom and dad came running up to them, relieved.

I was lost at Disney once. I wrote multiple essays about it in school. They gave me a lollipop.
This was pre-cell phones and they did a very good job reuniting our group.
I have full trust in Disney to get my kids back to me, while we're in the parks. Keeping track of other adults is much more frustrating.

I was lost at Disney once. I wrote multiple essays about it in school. They gave me a lollipop.
This was pre-cell phones and they did a very good job reuniting our group.
I have full trust in Disney to get my kids back to me, while we're in the parks. Keeping track of other adults is much more frustrating.
My cousin was an expert at being lost. He grew up in Orlando. I visited with my parents when I was a very young teen (late 70s), and my cousin was a year older than me. We went to MK with my parents and split off on our own. He took us to “Lost Parents” and told them we couldn’t find my parents. They took our names and told us to keep checking back with them, and then gave us ticket books and food vouchers to go back out into the park! We had unlimited E tickets and free food all night! He was a genius!

My cousin was an expert at being lost. He grew up in Orlando. I visited with my parents when I was a very young teen (late 70s), and my cousin was a year older than me. We went to MK with my parents and split off on our own. He took us to “Lost Parents” and told them we couldn’t find my parents. They took our names and told us to keep checking back with them, and then gave us ticket books and food vouchers to go back out into the park! We had unlimited E tickets and free food all night! He was a genius!
lol....that's fantastic. It's certainly better to be "lost" at Disney than it was for ALL of my brothers to get lost at the beach.

I'd use an engravable airtag dog collar that would work with shoes but be mindful to pop it out at water rides. They come in packs of 4 so the others would go in luggage, so many people find stuff with these now. They are on Chewy and Amazon

Don't put the child's name or nickname on it though, nothing familiar to the child then strangers can call a kid by name, use your name, a cute thing like ladybug or dinosaur, last name etc.

We bought AirTags and compatible bracelets. Rather than putting the bracelet on her wrist we had her wear it as an anklet. She was annoyed at first but by the time we walked from our room to the bud she forgot it was on. Not the cheapest option but gave me peace of mind. If you buy the 3 pack you can also place one in your stroller for easy finding if it gets moved by a CM.

What's the best way to put your contact info on a toddler? He won't have a MagicBand and is only 2, so he's not even got a ticket. I don't want to Sharpie on him and he's a sweater, so I don't trust Crayola markers to hold out all day. He usually wears Velcro shoes or sandals, so the shoelace tags won't work, and we don't have iPhones so AirTags are a no-go. I did look into SmartTags by Samsung but there aren't many options for how to affix it to him. Does anyone have any tips?

He's young enough that if he gets lost he won't even know he's lost, and he's got a speech delay so is only just now starting to talk much and it's one of those 'can only really understand if you're his parent' things.
Wrist links will be helpful you and your child?
You could get them from Amazon.

Screenshot_20230405_011320.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter