Best WDW feeling

Mine is watching it through my kids eyes, and remembering how much it meant to me as a child to go there!. It really is one of the happiest places in the world. :grouphug:

When I'm watching Wishes I get goosebumps and having that feeling of being in the most magical place on earth!! :wizard:

1st is going under the big sign but then we are really there when we go to DTD since we always do that when we get there..(mainly cause we have always driven and don't go to the parks till the next day and when we first started going that was about all there was to go to :goodvibes) now it's a tradition and the official "start". last time we went around 10 pm and basically just had time to get our aps since we got there so late but we still went !

Walking out the lobby back doors of the Beach Club, Crescent Lake straight ahead and turn left to IG at Epcot!! Let the fun begin!! :drinking1

that first loop on Rock n Roller coaster! I remember saying to DS "We're back!"

I have to say that when we are checking into a resort I am so excited I almost start tearing up. And when I enter the parks and realize "I Am Here!" I get all emotional then too. I love all the trivia I have learned through this board and as I walk through the parks I spout all this info to my family. It isn't always well received but I can't help it all bubbling out. It's like I have an incredible caffeine rush. And I'm NEVER in a bad mood the whole time I'm there.

when the captian comes on the speaker and says that we will be touching down in a few minutes and the temperature is a balmy 85 degrees!! that is the first feeling. Then when we go straight from the resort to Epcot and hear the music and see the fountians!! I'm At Walt Disney World!! :cool1: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cool1: :cool1:

Lemme see...where do I start?

I love Illuminations...the beginning, the middle, the end. I cry through the whole thing.

Driving onto WDW property. I cry everytime. How wonderful it will be to see the look on the face of my two yo. She's been 3 times already, but I know this time she's going to "get it".

Walking into Epcot and riding Spaceship Earth. I love the smells, the sounds, the whole ride.

Walking down Main St. and seeing Cinderella Castle at the other end. Now thats true blue DISNEY!

Riding Splash Mt. This is one of our favorites and I love the smells and the music.

Going to Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Its a tradition for us now. I love it.

The most important thing is sharing this with my family. We have been thru quite alot lately and going on these vacations is when I see us all truly bond. Now THAT gives me a true Disney feeling. Isn't that what Walt would have wanted? :goodvibes

Most people probably aren't aware of it, but at the first entrance on to WDW property when driving east on I-4 there is a HUGE Mickey Head for the power lines and seeing Mickey through the windshield just makes me relax and feel so good because I know in a few more minutes we will be checked in and the vacation will officially begin.

John

I also love the drive to the airport - when we start seeing the WDW signs and DS starts asking "are we at Disney World?" "Can we go there TODAY?"...it's that happy feeling of being on our way - and feeling the sunshine and warmth in the shorts we sneak into at the airport.

But my favorite is after we've checked in and after we've done our SuperTarget/Publix run and unpacked all the groceries...the time when we shower and wash off the travel and get all fresh and clean and ready to hit the parkjs and our ADr's...and then the whole vacation begins. I LOVE the feeling of starting the trip.

Last May - DH and DS went on Splash Mt during EMH and I sat and waited for them...I was getting bored and it was too dark where I was to do any real people watching (is it me or is this one of the LONGEST rides ever, next to TT??) and then I reminded myself that in a few days, I'd be sitting at my desk at work wishing I could be bored at MK waiting for DS and DH. So I took a photo to remind myself that even waiting on a humid evening sitting half on a concrete slab flower area at WDW was a better memory that sitting in front on my computer at work. THAT was a good feeling...

There is not just one place that gives me the Best WDW feeling, but I am
partial to anywhere in the MK.

I know we have definatley arrived and started our vacation when we pull up to Old Key West and Frank(security CM) gives us a big smile and says "Welcome Home"

Coolest WDW memory was being selected as MK Grand Marshalls this past April for my 40th Birthday.

Paul
pirate:

For me the most magical moment was standing in the breeze on a bridge overlooking the world showcase lagoon with the torches flaming and the music playing waiting for the Illuminations to begin. The countries are lit up, the view is breathtaking and the air just feels electric.

for me the moment i leave the house for the airport the feeling just keeps getting stronger and stronger. actualy it slows down a bit on the plane beause i am a bit of a nervous flyer but when i see us flyng over floida it begins again and reaches a high point when we pull up in front of our resort

but the absolute best WDW feeling for me is during wishes. maybe i am going to sound a bit wishy washy here but i have been through a lot in my life and to be in WDW with the family i have and a wife who is just so incredible that when watching Wishes with my family i really feel like my wishes did come true. :wizard: :wizard:

The morning we leave (we always take early morning flights so we have a full day once we get there). I usually don't sleep because I'm so excited, so I have the whole house to myself for a while. I get the suitcases to the door or in the car, I watch bad early morning/late night TV and I watch the sun come up. Then, I get to wake up my daughter who is three, to tell her that we're leaving. It's such a rush.

Mine would have to be night time at the Magic Kingdom...the feeling I get after riding space mountain, watching spectromagic, and finishing off my evening with wishes....it just gives me chills!

Oh God, there are sooooo many to describe! Here's one...

Arriving in MK and not only seeing the castle for the first time, which is breathtaking, but also the SMELLS of Main Street USA!!! I think it's the combination of the ice cream, the waffle cones, and the bakery that makes the smell so unique to WDW! I just take a deep breath in and think to myself YES, I AM REALLY HERE!!!!!!! :wizard:

I have to post mine and then I will go back and read the others! These are so fun and inspiring to read! Thanks to the OP!!!

One of my favorite moments is when the Electric Parade is going on and my DH and our children are running around trying to go on rides while people watch the parade. I love the music as the soundtrack of my life at that moment in time!! We usually run on the HM a couple of times and usually it's empty! We love it!!! Up in the vicinity of the HM is where I can see us in my mind.
I sometimes dance around and run with my children and we smile and smile!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

tomerin said:
for me the moment i leave the house for the airport the feeling just keeps getting stronger and stronger. actualy it slows down a bit on the plane beause i am a bit of a nervous flyer but when i see us flyng over floida it begins again and reaches a high point when we pull up in front of our resort

but the absolute best WDW feeling for me is during wishes. maybe i am going to sound a bit wishy washy here but i have been through a lot in my life and to be in WDW with the family i have and a wife who is just so incredible that when watching Wishes with my family i really feel like my wishes did come true. :wizard: :wizard:

Your post made me teary eyed! When I'm there with my family- my wishes have come true too! :goodvibes

I would have to say that my best feeling is just knowing that I am there with my DW and DKs. I love going into EPCOT on the first day and seeing Spaceship Earth and then go over to TT and MS. Then, see JII and now Soarin. And of course, don't forget about the characters. That is what reinforces all of the Disney feelings for me.

Headed to Disneyland for the first time!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter