Best WDW Resort when not visiting parks everyday

jmjwdw

Earning My Ears
We need advice for near future WDW staycation (not visiting parks). Which WDW Resort has the best experience for emptynesters? Including restaurants, relaxing pools, entertainment, etc...

AKL is really relaxing. Sarasota Springs might be nice - there’s a wide variety of room types and you’re near Disney Springs. POFQ is also quaint and near DS.

Beach or Yacht Club & Boardwalk. Great pools the Boardwalk area so much to do. plus you have the option to walk into Epcot should you decide to do so and have the whole world showcase to explore. We also love Grand Floridan for the whole vibe and relaxation rent a pontoon boat, do a monorail crawl

AKL Jambo house always been a hit with not going to parks and a nice atmosphere with lots to do. My parents and wife’s parents always enjoyed that resort spent many vacations in a 2 BR villa there when we took them. A staycation is really where you stay home BTW. unless you plan on living at Disney -and there was a DVC owner that did years ago…. lost track so I don’t know how it turned out.

A staycation is really where you stay home BTW.

I agree, the misleading title probably is causing many to just move on to the next thread.

Part of the high price of Disney hotels is the proximity to the various parks. If we don't have any park plans, we would choose to stay elsewhere and get a lot more for our money or even renting a home since Orlando is a popular tourist attraction. How did you decide to go to Disney if you have no park plans?

We like SSR when we are not visiting Disney parks. We enjoy Disney Springs for meals (especially Boathouse) and shopping.

I agree, the misleading title probably is causing many to just move on to the next thread.

Part of the high price of Disney hotels is the proximity to the various parks. If we don't have any park plans, we would choose to stay elsewhere and get a lot more for our money or even renting a home since Orlando is a popular tourist attraction. How did you decide to go to Disney if you have no park plans?
We like the Disney experience and have a limited time budget and thought we would fit in a few nights at a WDW Resort.

I updated the Title - we may go to EP for a festival, but intend to relax at the resort.

We need advice for near future WDW staycation (not visiting parks). Which WDW Resort has the best experience for emptynesters? Including restaurants, relaxing pools, entertainment, etc...
Yacht or Beach Club. Pool area is awesome and you have the Boardwalk area and skyliner (we like to just do fun rides every now and then). It's so pretty and just a great atmosphere.

The Poly, Animal Kingdom Lodge, or either of the Port Orleans resorts would be my pick. Maybe Grand Floridian too if the cost was right.

Our two go to resorts when not visiting the parks are Animal Kingdom and Saratoga Springs. Saratoga Springs in a preferred location kinda guarantees not having to step on a bus and being able to walk everywhere. If you plan on visiting surrounding areas of Florida than we would endorse Old Key West because you can park right outside the room.

Our favourite spots are AKL, BC, BW and OKW. All have great amenities, restaurants and activities. Old Key West is a boat ride away from Disney Springs.

Definitely the Poly, MK fireworks viewing from the beach is a bonus, and it’s on the monorail line so you can easily visit the other monorail resorts for dining, etc. It isn’t the quietest resort because it is so popular with families, but we love the energy of the resort. Also, you can just take a quick boat ride or monorail to Magic Kingdom and take a resort bus to any of the other resorts, such as Riviera, etc, for more dining and resort hopping options.

If I were not visiting parks Disney Resorts is the last place I'd be. I'd find a much better resort at a much lower cost.

But, if I had to choose, I'd pick a resort that's under one roof. I hate that some of the Deluxe Resorts make you walk outside to get to the amenities of the resort.

Yacht, Beach, AKL, CR or WL would be tops on my list.

I vividly remember many times at the Poly standing inside one of the longhouses watching the pounding rain I'd have to walk thru if I wanted a drink or something to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter