• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best week in September???

NJRA

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know when is the least crowded week to go to WDW in September:confused:

We went around the 3rd week of Sept. in 2005 (before Food & Wine started in Epcot) and the crowds were not bad at all! We were able to get on most attactions with little to no wait. At most we might have waited 15-20 min. We're going this year from Sept. 11-19 so I'm hoping it's a similar situation! HTH!:goodvibes

We went last year 10th-24th September and the crowds were as described by the previous poster except for TSM which had horrendus queues at any time of the day.

Absolutely loved it and we are goign back this year from 6th - 20th September, hoping it will be similar sorts of level of crowd etc.

Thats great to hear. We are thinking of Sept. 19-27. We were just in WDW this past Nov. and could not even get on TSM. while the other rides had only 15-20 min. waits TSM was 90-120 and my DH was not going for that. I think this time around we will grab a FP as soon as we get to the park.:thumbsup2

I have heard that the week after Labor Day is the least crowded. I do not know if this is true, but it makes sense since every kid in the USA must be in school that week and its too soon for any of them to have vacation. I would definately like to try that week, once my kids are all grown up!

We went the last week of Sept in 2007 - it was during Free dining and the crowds were MUCH higher then what we were used too.

Plus the weather was horribly humid....we will never go in Sept ever again.

Sorry - just my opinion.

We went the first full week of September one year. It was the best crowd wise in all the times I've been there. For many schools, this is the first week back so many people don't take their children out of school that early in the year. We walked on to just about everything. In fact, until the weekend, they didn't even uncover the fast pass machines! We absolutely loved that part of the trip. The only downside was that it was still very hot and humid. Because of that, we went the next year at the end of October. There were more crowds (although not "summer" crowds) and it was a bit cooler.

If you don't mind the heat, that first week in September was great!

We've gone the first week of September (Labor Day) for the last three years and loved that time (except for the Sunday before Labor Day). Our average wait was 10 minutes per ride, with 20 -30 minutes for Soarin' and 20 minutes for the mountains. Unfortunately, DH's work schedule interferes with us going that week this year, so we are going September 20-29. I'm hoping it won't be too bad at the end of our trip with the F&W going on.

We usually go the day after Labor Day and crowds have been very manageable. Sometimes it seems crowded, but even compared to my Feb. trips, the crowds are very low.

Does anyone know when is the least crowded week to go to WDW in September:confused:

We went in September last year, and I think it is the best, crowds are low and the weather is warm (I do not like cool or cold weather). In addtion it is the least expensive season. We will be back in Sept.

We like to go in Sept because of the low crowds and the "free dining". The only thing that we hate is the HOT weather. I do think the first week after Labor Day is the best time as far as it being low crowds.

Right after Labor Day should be the least crowded. Crowds pick up towards the end of the month, especially the last week leading up to the start of the F&W Festival. It's still not summer or holiday crowded though, just more crowded than earlier in the month.

We were there 8th -22nd sept last year and it was great. Hardly crowded and little wait for any rides. We did notice the weekends still got busy but nothing you can't cope with.

If you can do a midweek trip. We used to go the Tues or Wed after labor day and the place was empty.

We went Sept 15-21st and we had gone two times prior in July so for us the crowds where very very low. We walked or had very low wait time on everything except toy story mania and it was fun but we wont do Sept again as we love July and next yr its Disneyland :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter