Best Western Park Place Inn

mum22boys

Earning My Ears
New to the board - and loving all that I'm learning from you guys! :love:

Okay! After switching back and forth (and back and forth and back and forth) we think we've finally decided to stick with the Best Western Park Place Inn for our December trip to Disneyland. I've checked out tripadvisor and read all the reviews, which seem good for the most part.

Have any of you stayed here? What was your experience? Clean rooms? I understand they aren't fancy, but are they in repair? I know this sounds terrible, but I tend to be a bit of a "hotel snob", and don't usually stay in places with less quality than, say, Embassy Suites. I understand this hotel is nothing like an Embassy, but I want to be certain I won't be grossed out by walking on the floor barefoot, or find bugs in my bed! :scared1:

The last few times at Disneyland we've stayed at the Grand Californian or the Candy Cane Inn. GCH isn't in our budget this year, and we've decided to branch out from the CCI to see what else is out there. We are VERY attracted to the idea of how close the PWPPI is from the gates. This has been our deciding factor, as a matter of fact.

Thanks again for any help/pictures/information anyone can share!

Amy

mum22boys said:
Okay! After switching back and forth (and back and forth and back and forth) we think we've finally decided to stick with the Best Western Park Place Inn for our December trip to Disneyland. I've checked out tripadvisor and read all the reviews, which seem good for the most part.

Have any of you stayed here? What was your experience? Clean rooms? I understand they aren't fancy, but are they in repair? I know this sounds terrible, but I tend to be a bit of a "hotel snob", and don't usually stay in places with less quality than, say, Embassy Suites. I understand this hotel is nothing like an Embassy, but I want to be certain I won't be grossed out by walking on the floor barefoot, or find bugs in my bed! :scared1:
...We are VERY attracted to the idea of how close the PWPPI is from the gates. This has been our deciding factor, as a matter of fact.

We like it - as long as you DON'T expect the Embassy Suites, you'll be fine. Like last year, we have reserved 2 mini-suite rooms, connected so that there's a door in between and our 2 boys can run between the 2 rooms (my mom and MIL are coming with us and staying in the 2nd room).

VERY convenient to the DL entrace. Breakfast is included - it's either a free continental breakfast (pastries, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee) in the upstairs room or free pancakes (tax/tip not included) in the downstairs restaurant. Again, just don't expect a fancy breakfast for free - good enough for kids, at least.

Pool is somewhat small - not a problem for us, but it's clean. Spa at the end of the pool area, didn't try it last time but might this time around. Laundry facilities are clean - 2 washers and dryers. Bring your own laundry detergent, vending machines have it available, but kinda pricey.

Rooms themselves are clean and roomy. You walk in and there's a coffee table, sofabed, chair, desk/table. Walk past the half-wall, and there should be 2 queen beds on one side, TV/dresser and fridge on the other. Fairly roomy fridge - apartment size is the term, I think.

I didn't bring a magnifying glass :earboy2: but the carpet and beds seemed clean enough to me - and last year, with a 2 yr and 4 yr old, I knew there would be plenty of floor time. Even the sofabed was fine - I wound up sleeping there a few nights.

The bathroom vanity is large - only one sink, but the counter space runs almost the width of the room. Toilet and shower/tub are in a separate room. I suggest bringing a night light, so that you don't have to turn on a full light in the middle of the night.

Parking spaces are okay, neither really tight but not super big either. If you leave in the middle of the day, be prepared to find the lot full if you come back at night.

Let me know if you have any other questions! The biggest plus is walking out of DL, crossing the intersection, and walking into your room. :cheer2:

Another hotel snob here, but we have stayed at Park Place a few times, primarily because of the proximity. Cindy described it very well. As I recall, the rooms also have a refrigerator and microwave, which is pretty convenient for leftovers from Napa Rose.

Stayed there a couple of years ago. The best thing was the proximity, closer than the Disney hotels...I remember the lobby being nice and then the room looking a little outdated, but clean. They put us right next to the pool and I was napping my ds and it was really loud! I think I tried to drown out the noise with the air conditioner! So if you want afternoon rest time, away from pool! I remember thinking it was an ok place to stay for just a room, but not a primary part of a vacation! :)

Personally, I don't like the Park Place inn.

The pool is cramped and closed in (between buildings), and soft of dark.
They advertise a view of the fireworks (or at least did a few years ago when I stayed there). The view is really not there. The hotel is surrounded by other tall buildings, and only has a small front portion actually facing Harbor Blvd (as do most of the hotels in that area).

For the same price (and even less) one can walk up Harbor Blvd a few feet and find better hotels, and better prices.

Park Place Inn likes to pull a little trick, at holiday time, and not gurantee rates after December 31st. If they do this, they will charge a very very high rate for any days without a guaranteed rate.
They are one of the few hotels, in that general Harbor Blvd area with rooms left for July 16th. I really hope that they end up with empty rooms, and no one actually pays $400 for a standard room.
If one is willing to walk a few blocks (or ride a tram from a parking area, or use the trolly or bus), there are reasonably priced rooms near the convention center, and more rooms a few blocks up or down Harbor Blvd.

The one area, that I have to give Park Place Inn credit, is for their breakfast. They did have the best free (or included) breakfast of all the places I have stayed on Harbor Blvd.

Park Inn International had the best pool, of the places on Harbor Blvd grouped right near the cross walk to Disney.
It was on a sort of roof top, in an open area, where it was not closed in by buildings. One really could see the Disney Fireworks from this hotel.
I have stayed in several of the hotels on the Harbor Blvd strip, and liked Park Inn International the best.
I have not yet stayed at the Carousel Inn (which I hear is the best).

We also stayed at the Park Inn International, it was good. The pool was cool, on the roof, but the hot-tub was tiny and smelly. I phoned all the hotels on that strip (Harbour) and asked exactly what was the continental breakfast, because I didn't want just coffee and pastries. (won't give you any energy for the morning!) I wanted one with juice, fruit and cereal. Then you can grab an apple for later too!
BBPPI is soooo close, you will love that!

Thanks to the OP and those that posted on this thread. My gourp is staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn July 19-23 and it's good to know we made a good choice. What I am most excited about is the quick access to the park. It sounds like we can walk there easily. Am I correct? This would afford anyone who wants to return to the room for a nap the opportunity to do so without the "driver" having to take him or her.

Thanks again!

pinnie

Pinnie said:
What I am most excited about is the quick access to the park. It sounds like we can walk there easily. Am I correct? This would afford anyone who wants to return to the room for a nap the opportunity to do so without the "driver" having to take him or her.

Leaving the DL gate exits, you're about 5 min away from the BWPPI. You literally cross the street and you're right there. Just make sure your group doesn't expect anything fancy (clean is always assumed, though!) and they'll be happy. We're going for 5 days in August, and every day, we will take a mid-day break to go back to the BWPPI for a dip in the pool and a nap.

Just remember to allow a few minutes time when you go back into the parks, for the security checks and lines at the gates. :earsboy:

We love the hotel (But not the breakfast, I guess we are breakfast snobs. lol)

The best thing if you plan to do a mid day break why not get something for lunch in your room too. They have refrigerators with small freezers, and microwaves. we have done hot pockets, TV dinners and even cup a soup inour room for one meal to save money. We once went for a week and stayed at Park Place Inn.

Its so close to walk and like the previous person said security lines are your biggest obstical. (Thats for all hotels anyway)

My last trip there was this past May and they said they are remoddleing a room to move the breakfast too. Its a contential breakfast and currently on the second floor of the restaurant next door. I wonder if the pancake option will go away once they move it to a room in the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter