Best Western Park Place vs Best Western Ananheim?

SpaceMan5

DIS Veteran
It has been a long while my friends and glad to be back. We are planning another DL visit for Jan 2024 and deciding between the BW Park Place and the BW Anaheim. We have stayed multiple times at the Park Place Inn over the years and most recently in Jan 2023. We have loved the location of BW Park Place but felt it was a bit tired during our last visit. So we started looking at other nearby motels with BW Anaheim being one of them. Anaheim is coming in cheaper at $42 per night, includes the breakfast and it still really close to the main gate. Would you consider BW Anaheim to be an upgrade or at least a better deal for the money. TIA

Just to make sure: you are talking about the BW Anaheim inn?

The BW Anaheim inn is our go to hotel… we would only book a different hotel if the price is significantly cheaper…
We love the option to eat breakfast outside on the balcony/terrace overlooking Harbour Blvd… that’s a big plus for us…

I would go with whichever of the two BW's are cheapest. The Park Place is closer but not by much. The breakfast at the Anaheim Inn is slightly better but again very comparable. I would say rooms are equal in quality as well. Just remember to factor in the "resort fee" the Anaheim Inn charges to make sure it is still cheaper than Park Place.

I know you already booked but we enjoyed our stay much more at the BW Anaheim Inn vs the BW park place inn. Have a fun trip!

I know you already booked but we enjoyed our stay much more at the BW Anaheim Inn vs the BW park place inn. Have a fun trip!
Could you say more about why? I am booked at the BW Anaheim Inn in August but had been watching to see if BW PPI opened up (only to be that tiny bit closer) but would love to hear reasons why I’m better off where I am…

Could you say more about why? I am booked at the BW Anaheim Inn in August but had been watching to see if BW PPI opened up (only to be that tiny bit closer) but would love to hear reasons why I’m better off where I am…
Our room was much more quiet at the Anaheim Inn. Motels can be more noisy in general. But the PPI was, in our experience, very loud! I’m not a light sleeper and I was awakened quite a bit while staying at the PPI.

Not sure if we got our wires crossed but we did book our stay at the Anaheim and not the park place inn. Looking forward to the positive things you said about the Anaheim and what I have read on-line.

Please report back on your BWAI experience! I stayed at BWPPI last in October 2021 and thought it was so tired compared to my stay a few years prior. I haven't heard of any renovations since then so I imagine not much has changed. The beds were so lumpy, everything was just rather dingy/drab (ok if you just didn't look close at anything), the heater/AC was so noisy. Anaheim Inn has often been more expensive when I've looked (I think they have a resort fee?) and so I'm trying Hojo on my next trip, but like having free breakfast so I'm curious how the Anaheim Inn compares. The BWPPI used to have build your own breakfast sandwiches and those were gone in October 2021 but perhaps they've returned. I don't think I've ever seen a review on the Anaheim Inn breakfast.

Please report back on your BWAI experience! I stayed at BWPPI last in October 2021 and thought it was so tired compared to my stay a few years prior. I haven't heard of any renovations since then so I imagine not much has changed. The beds were so lumpy, everything was just rather dingy/drab (ok if you just didn't look close at anything), the heater/AC was so noisy. Anaheim Inn has often been more expensive when I've looked (I think they have a resort fee?) and so I'm trying Hojo on my next trip, but like having free breakfast so I'm curious how the Anaheim Inn compares. The BWPPI used to have build your own breakfast sandwiches and those were gone in October 2021 but perhaps they've returned. I don't think I've ever seen a review on the Anaheim Inn breakfast.
I love the Anaheim inn breakfast…
Just been there end of July…:

They don’t have a “build your own breakfast sandwich” anymore but have premade breakfast burgers (croissants, patti, cheese and I think egg),
they have potatoes, scrambled eggs, some kind of hot meat (either ham or bacon or sausages) and a rotating sweet dish (French toast sticks, pancakes or waffles)
Build your own porridge/ yogurt with some toppings (nuts, crunchies, chocolate drops…)
4 Different kinds of cereal
Toast, with jam, Nutella, peanut butter
Some sweet rolls and granola bars and packaged banana bread… some fruit (apples, bananas)
Juice and coffee…

The rooms don’t feel brand new but the bathrooms got renovated at some point during the last couple of years…(I’d guess at some point in the last 5-8 years) Our room was tidy and clean and the beds felt good…but the room definitely feels well “used”…
the AC certainly isn’t state of the art but gets the job done and we don’t sleep with the AC running anyways…

The BW Anaheim inn is still our go to hotel…

We always stay at BWPPI but I also just booked at BW Anaheim Inn this time as it was a bit cheaper, even given the resort fee. I will report back!
Exact same thing with my crew of rowdy, misfit pirates (gotta luv the smell in POTC!)
Staying at the BWAI during our next stay

I love the Anaheim inn breakfast…
Just been there end of July…:

They don’t have a “build your own breakfast sandwich” anymore but have premade breakfast burgers (croissants, patti, cheese and I think egg),
they have potatoes, scrambled eggs, some kind of hot meat (either ham or bacon or sausages) and a rotating sweet dish (French toast sticks, pancakes or waffles)
Build your own porridge/ yogurt with some toppings (nuts, crunchies, chocolate drops…)
4 Different kinds of cereal
Toast, with jam, Nutella, peanut butter
Some sweet rolls and granola bars and packaged banana bread… some fruit (apples, bananas)
Juice and coffee…

The rooms don’t feel brand new but the bathrooms got renovated at some point during the last couple of years…(I’d guess at some point in the last 5-8 years) Our room was tidy and clean and the beds felt good…but the room definitely feels well “used”…
the AC certainly isn’t state of the art but gets the job done and we don’t sleep with the AC running anyways…

The BW Anaheim inn is still our go to hotel…
Thanks for the report. I am looking forward to our stay there in Jan. I have heard the rooftop sitting area is pretty nice.
As long as the rooms are clean and tidy I can overlook the well "used" feel as you described. It is kinda what you get along Harbor Blvd. We just want a place to crash after a long day at the parks to rest up for our next adventure the following day.

The Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn is our go-to hotel in the past few years; we love it. We haven't stayed at BWPPI for a comparison there, however.

The Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn is our go-to hotel in the past few years; we love it. We haven't stayed at BWPPI for a comparison there, however.
That is great to hear about the BWPAI. I am feeling better and better about booking our next stay there. thanks!

I scoured the boards for info on this before making a call, so I thought I’d report back after trying the BWAI after usually staying at the BWPPI. We loved it! Slightly further walk didn’t make a difference (very minimal). The storage space in the room was great. Breakfast was also really good - similar to BWPPI in that there were lots of options. It was not too busy and had plenty of seats if you get there early (which you should for rope drop). I would recommend either one, but this will probably be our first choice for future trips.

I scoured the boards for info on this before making a call, so I thought I’d report back after trying the BWAI after usually staying at the BWPPI. We loved it! Slightly further walk didn’t make a difference (very minimal). The storage space in the room was great. Breakfast was also really good - similar to BWPPI in that there were lots of options. It was not too busy and had plenty of seats if you get there early (which you should for rope drop). I would recommend either one, but this will probably be our first choice for future trips.
I was just scrolling and saw the subject line and thought, this should be interesting. I had to chuckle when I noticed that I was the OP. 😄

Thank you NewbieMouse for the update. We are looking forward to our stay there and will report back as well

I booked a room at the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn. We will be walking back to hotel late. Even thought it’s not far, is it pretty safe walking back after dark?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter