Besties, Booze and Brrr!!! With Jen and Joe on the Go 5/8 January Wrap Up and new TR LInk! COMPLETE

I just watched your Rise to the Resistance videos and you two are very photogenic. :) I never watch You tube videos but yours are very cute. Anyway, that was very nice of them to give Jen a fp, too. Maybe they are so tired of disappointing people that sprinkling a little pixie dust here and there makes them feel better. And then you got lucky that you didn't have to wake up early. :)
Aww! Thank you soooooo much. I can't tell you how much we appreciate the support. We have so much editing to do this weekend and so many new videos to share with everyone. 😘

Flying Fish and Friends!

After a very relaxing, late afternoon of getting our drink on at Nomad Lounge with an awesome group of friends, Ariane was able to reserve a table for 7 of us at Flying Fish. So @pepperandchips and her hubby, R left our group and made their way over to the Boardwalk Inn ( as our car was filled to capacity) and @ariane37 Steve, @Mollydolly334 Joe and I piled into Joe's Uber and made our way over there as well. Since Joe is such an inexperienced Uber driver, it took us a little longer to get over there. LOL! Although I do believe he earned a 5-star rating that night as we all got there safely, the temperature in the vehicle was comfortable and the tunes on the radio enjoyable to all. LOL!... :D :D:D :D:D🚙

We all met up and watched the magician that was performing on the Boardwalk in front of FF. For the life of me, I can't remember his name, but he was VERY good and we all laughed a lot. All too soon the show ended and we checked in for our reservation. We had a very cool table in front of the open kitchen.

I know there were more drinks to be had and the men had some kind of Pig Bourbon...We had some apps (I had something with shrimp) and then it was time for our main courses. I had the swordfish and Joe had the buttery filet (sorry, no pic of Joe's filet. He was at the other end of the table). To date, his filet is one of the best pieces of steak he has ever had. I believe Ariane feels the same way...

This meal was probably the best one of the entire trip. The food, service, and company were top notch. It was such a great evening that I didn't want it to end. I think we all felt that way, to be honest. Soooooo, we made our way over to Ample Hills for some delicious ice cream...Joe and I had never been here and had a very difficult time deciding what to order. We settled on the ice cream flight so we could try 6 of the flavors. I have no idea what was in our flight, as this was 2 months ago, but I do know the oatmeal raisin was one of them and was my fav.

We all took our treats outside. We ate, chatted, and talked about our plans for the next day. We also took a few pics.

Coming up...Breakfast at Olivia's...

A2809A46-807C-44E2-BDA6-B835814ABC40.jpeg6F646FEA-39B7-41D6-984B-F2252D89C7CD.jpeg82138051-6E40-4F98-BB76-6943E44D2E07.jpeg2EB812A2-36E5-4732-95CA-23D558744AC5.jpegFC713FC7-EF55-43A0-BA7E-E30E638BBC6B.jpegE989E31F-D908-4768-AB8B-D2EB0F9E1710.jpeg

0B7BEC66-1812-4A95-AD94-CE0C04BDE13A.jpeg

Last edited:
What a fun night! There's nothing like spending time with good friends over delicious food and drinks. :goodvibes
Your Ample Hills ice cream flight looked really good, and I had no idea they did that. Looks like I'm making a trip to Ample Hills in the future (since I can never decide on an ice cream flavor!)
The flight was excellent and I believe it was around $10...

Such a fun evening with friends! As you know, I LOVE the Nomad as well. My experience at FF wasn't as amazing as yours, but would be willing to try it again at some point. Plenty of other places that I haven't tried are on the list first though. But man! That ice cream flight!! Wowza! MMMM!!!!

I LOVED Flying Fish when we went for the first time last summer. The food was as good as the service was as good as the ambience. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with friends! <3

But man! That ice cream flight!! Wowza! MMMM!!!!
It was so good Liesa and I hope to get back to Ample Hills VERY soon!

The ice cream flight looks delicious, and slightly messy. ;) What a wonderful night you had with the Dis friends. When people wonder why we go to Disney so often, this is the answer. :)
OMG! It was so good! Great price and great way to taste a little of a lot. LOL!

I LOVED Flying Fish when we went for the first time last summer. The food was as good as the service was as good as the ambience. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with friends! <3
This was my first visit and I'm glad it turned out so well. It really was a perfect meal.

Hi everyone! Long time, no see...I’m sitting at the airport waiting for my flight back to Chicago. Disney was awesome and I can’t wait to tell you all about it. But first things first...I need to finish this report...
So glad you all had an amazing trip for Joe's birthday. You clearly were one of the last ones to get some Disney magic for a while

E1C9E2CB-71B5-4F77-9CC9-5B957246192D.jpeg
❤❤❤

Since Joe is such an inexperienced Uber driver, it took us a little longer to get over there. LOL! Although I do believe he earned a 5-star rating that night as we all got there safely, the temperature in the vehicle was comfortable and the tunes on the radio enjoyable to all. LOL!... :D :D:D :D:D🚙
But does he offer gum, mints, and phone chargers??? Now that is the mark of a true 5-star uber driver

This meal was probably the best one of the entire trip. The food, service, and company were top notch. It was such a great evening that I didn't want it to end. I think we all felt that way, to be honest.
So glad you all had such a good time. We've always enjoyed Flying Fish I have no idea why we don't eat there more.

How did I not know you could get a flight here? We always want to try new flavors but love the butter cake so much we never do. This would be a great way to get in our fix and branch out!

So glad you all had an amazing trip for Joe's birthday. You clearly were one of the last ones to get some Disney magic for a while
It was so fun Kari. I feel so bad for everyone who was forced to cancel and now has to go through the chaos of rebooking...

But does he offer gum, mints, and phone chargers??? Now that is the mark of a true 5-star uber driver
Umm, no he does not. As his boss, I will have to address that with him. LOL!

So glad you all had such a good time. We've always enjoyed Flying Fish I have no idea why we don't eat there more.
Seriously, I would love to go back!!!!

We love flying fish and it looks like you had a fab evening with great friends and good food. It’s such a pretty restaurant - I love the light fittings there. The Ample Hills flight sounds like the perfect dessert to round off your meal.
Glad to hear Joe’s Uber skills were up to scratch and appreciated by those who used them :rotfl:

Wow Trevor Carlton’s art demo was pretty great! Love the finished Figment. Now for the big question- did you buy??
He was phenomenal! And, no. We can't afford his artwork, unfortunately...

We love flying fish and it looks like you had a fab evening with great friends and good food. It’s such a pretty restaurant - I love the light fittings there. The Ample Hills flight sounds like the perfect dessert to round off your meal.
Glad to hear Joe’s Uber skills were up to scratch and appreciated by those who used them :rotfl:
Hee! Hee!

It looks like you had such a fun night!

Can you select your six flavors from Ample Hills? That's a great way to try different flavors.

Is everything ok with your son's upcoming college program? A co-worker shared that her niece was ready to start an internship with Disney later this month. She was recently contacted and told that the internship would no longer be taking place. The poor girl was all packed up and ready to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter