Better time to visit?

prmatz

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide between a spring break trip (week of April 5, 2021), or early July. I am leaning spring break, figuring the weather is going to be exponentially better while crowds will be heavy both time frames, but curious of other perspectives from those who have visited during these time frames. Thank you!

I think you have the right idea. The weather is usually pretty nice in April. July weather is horrible, the humidity is just awful plus with the intense heat, and rain, I stay far away! Crowds will be heavy both times but because so many schools have such different spring breaks, some weeks in March/April you can hit right and it won’t be *as* crowded.

The week before Easter will have better weather, but it will be significantly busier.

Pick your poison

That’s what I was afraid of! How do the crowds just before or after Christmas/New Years compare to spring break?

I don't know. If the 50th Anniversary starts early as some predict (maybe around Memorial Day) and Tron and Guardians rides are both open, July may be very crowded. And hot.

I'd stick with April. :)

I’m the opposite. I’ve gone during spring break and it was awful! It was so busy. I’ve also gone during the week of the 4th as well and it was not as busy as spring break. During spring break my 5 year old at the time just stayed in the stroller that’s how packed it was. During the week of the 4th she was able to walk in front of me some at all the parks while we were there. I will happily go in July again.

I don't think any other time of year can really compare to the crazyness between xmas and new years. I don't recall the parks ever being at capacity during spring break.

I don't think any other time of year can really compare to the crazyness between xmas and new years. I don't recall the parks ever being at capacity during spring break.
The last time MK reached stage 4 capacity was during Easter of 2009.

Having said that, Christmas is the absolute busiest time of the year. Nothing else even comes close. But the two weeks surrounding Easter is the second busiest time of the year. Summer is significantly less busy than Easter.

I've been in both times, actually more often that first week in April cause it's my birthday week and I'm all about getting away on my birthday so I take a solo trip during that time. The weather is pretty good, I'm from Georgia so have had to wear a sweater during the early part of the day but otherwise, pretty good. I have been during college spring break time, which for my son was in March and it wasn't bad, I've never been during other spring breaks. As far as crowds, I would think it would be more crowded in April with Easter, spring break and F&G but it just depends on if you want cooler weather or possibly a little less people.

Never been during spring break, but pictures my son has sent or crowds were horrendous. I would not do it. I would personally opt for lower crowds and heat. At least you can escape heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter