Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday QOTD: What is your biggest guilty pleasure food item at WDW? (Question comes courtesy of doconeill, my DH!)

QUOTE]
Mine is dinner at any of the buffets - I always overestimate how much walking I did during the day!!

Thanks!
Thanks to everyone for all the wishes for DD's dance competition. We are not officially done with dance for the season (we get 2 weeks off before we start up again! :rotfl:) Her group did not win the national title but came in 2nd place. We were so proud of them because the group that beat them was a senior line and our girls are still in junior high/middle school. They went out there and danced their hearts out and it was incredible to watch them. I am always so surprised by how my DD turns into this totally different person out on the dance floor and how amazing it is to watch them all dance. She really loved being a part of a national competition and was able to work with some incredible choreographers in the master's dance classes. Overall....a really long dance week but a great experience.

Tonight's plans - very quiet. It was hot here today and we went over to SIL and BIL's pool. To make a long story short...DS had a bad accident at the pool and bruised his whole neck as he slipped while on the bottom of the slide. He is going to be fine but it was VERY SCARY when it happened. We will be trying to keep him feeling better with pain medicine, keep the swelling and bruising down with some ice and just enjoy some quiet family time tonight.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful day!
Jen

Sorry to hear about Ben. Poor kid. I hope he is feeling better. Ouch, ouch, ouch. Terrific news about the dance troupe. They must be so thrilled and proud of themselves!!

Pam - I so sorry to hear about your friend. Thinking of you and your mom while you work through this difficult time :grouphug::grouphug:

I am back with the program as of today. Had a good breakfast and didn't go nuts at a graduation party this afternoon. :goodvibes Also did 65 minutes on the arc trainer and finished it off with a mile run. Yay - it felt really, really good!!

I missed the multi-post about work: I actually do better at work than I do at home because I can control what I eat so much better. I only take good snacks and usually pack a salad for lunch. And the water cooler is only a few steps from my office. Even better, there is a Y in my building so I can usually get at least a 3 mile run in at lunch and have time to shower before returning to work (although NOT enough time for my face to fade from pink to normal!! LOL. Luckily I can close the door to my office). ..

And - ta-dah!! - I registered for the Marine Corps Half Marathon today!! Now I really have to get my rear in gear!!!

...off to DD's piano recital tonight. Have a great night everyone!!
Jude

Anyone on here a part of the FaceBook Dis WISH group (other than Keenercam, the only person who I recognized)?

Not sure if I should bother to join the group, since I'm not much of a runner. Just wondering........P

Anyone on here a part of the FaceBook Dis WISH group (other than Keenercam, the only person who I recognized)?

Not sure if I should bother to join the group, since I'm not much of a runner. Just wondering........P

Didn't know about it. Tried a search and couldn't find it either!

Made my kids' chores list:
Ashleigh’s Chores

Daily-
Make sure all laundry is taken care of in your room.
Make sure all dirty clothes are in the laundry bag.
Make sure toilet paper holder in bathroom is full.
Read for at least 30 minutes
Make sure everything that belongs to you is neatly taken care of in your room, not in the living room!
Make sure glass is put in the correct bin in the garage!
Read with Izzie

3 times per week-
Practice flute for 20-30 minutes
Clean bathroom sink
Sweep bathroom and kitchen floor

Izzie’s Chores

Daily-
Make sure all laundry is taken care of in your room.
Make sure all dirty clothes are in the laundry bag.
Make sure everything that belongs to you is neatly taken care of in your room, not in the living room!
Make sure newspapers are put downstairs in the bucket in garage
Make sure garbage pails in each room are emptied into kitchen garbage pail
Pick up anything left on floor of bathroom.
Read with Mommy, Daddy or Ashleigh

Had slight whining but nothing is actually new on the list so they will do it!

Really hot in my house tonight! Got several fans running but not helping much today! Gonna be brutal tomorrow! Dropping kids off at VBS and then coming home to plant my flowers before picking them up at noon. Hoping to find an E-Z up canopy tent to use this summer for my b'day party and then DH will use it in the fall during soccer season. Saw one for $69 but I know I've seen them cheaper. Also hoping to get the HP Lego game on Tuesday.

Please send PD for my dad! He has to have major dental work done in the next few weeks and will find out on Tuesday when they can start. Has to have several teeth pulled first so I will have to take him and my mom to that. Only have one client scheduled this week so far!

Planning on walking in the morning with my neighbor and then hopefully my mom will feel up to walking a bit. If not I will have to do some heavy duty WATP or elliptical! Hoping to jump start my weight loss. I have had a few drinks this weekend but mostly with CL lemonade so hopefully that will help me. DH and I each had a lean pocket for supper. Should be ok to get going this week. Tomorrow begins TOM so that may help me as well. Going to drink a bunch of water tonight.

QOTD Monday June 28: What is your favorite old tv series from when you were growing up that you wish was still on or they would revive? (I'm into fun questions for during the week!)

My dad says Newhart! DH isn't sure. We have RetroTV and we love to watch Emergency and Battlestar Gallactica. My favorite show growing up was The Love Boat! They tried reviving that but it was a bust! DDs watch Full House every morning so that's one I wouldn't mid. DD1 and I were watching Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew for awhile!

So my final answer would probably be Marcus Welby MD! I loved it when James Brolin was in it! I really got into it 10 years ago when I was pregnant with DD1! I watched it every morning at 5am when I couldn't sleep towards the end of my pregnancy! I started watching it again several months ago and I think I saw almost every episode at least once! That was Classic TV!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I'll be on and off tomorrow! Remember that tomorrow is a new day!

Well, here is a photo of my two girls and another Diser's daughter (bornteach)

Girls.jpg

This was at the Toy Story 3 NE Dismeet today!

My two are on the ends. Izzie is 5 1/2 and Ashleigh is 10!

Jen - how is your son? That must have been very scary to watch!!

How scary for you and your DS!! :hug: How is he feeling today?

Thanks to everyone who asked....DS is doing fine today. We are feeling very lucky and he got a serious reminder about goofing around at the pool. He was STANDING on the bottom of the slide (a HUGE NO NO and he knows it) and slipped. He hit the bottom part of it with his neck/throat and then fell into the pool! It was totally freaky! :eek: We expected some bruising...which he has. We expected his neck to be a bit sore but he says he is fine. He does have a bit of a "raspy" voice today and says his throat is a bit sore. We did talk with the doctors because DS has had major throat surgery and we just wanted to be sure that we did not need to bring him in. Doctors said as long as he was breathing, eating and drinking fine it was okay for now. I have a feeling that DD and DS will not be messing around at the pool for a while.

Hi everyone! Just got finished with my race. It was fun although quite difficult. Extreme hills and alot of them. Heat was 86 and very very humid. But I did it. I posted a review and pics on my journal. There is a link in my sig if anyone is interested in checking it out. I cut another minute off of my time. I believe my time was 37:20. Its not official but its close enough.

GREAT JOB! :woohoo: WAY TO GO on your run. I am impressed...hills and heat are a difficult combination!

Hi Everyone... i am so frustrated!!! My friend has come to visit early non the less and I want to eat the house and the grocery store... How do y'all combat the I could eat a house feeling? Any suggestions are more than welcome... thanks!!!

I try to find something else to focus on. The honest truth is that sometimes I also just "eat the whole house". I think that is why so many of us are here. If we all had great control, we would lose the weight and be on our merry way. It is a daily struggle for me - some days I am good and others I am not. Wish I could give a more positive outlook for you. Advice...do something new, visit this thread, call someone (I find it hard to eat while I am on the phone), take a bath, take a walk, start a project, etc. :goodvibes

A friend of the family lost her battle with brain cancer this morning. We knew it was coming but it is still a great loss. She was TRULY a wonderful person, a positive, happy smiling person, a good Christian. I know we all say that about people after they are gone, but in this case it is very true.

I am so sorry about your friend. :hug:

List is written and printed and ready to hang on the fridge. Hopefully we can talk about it tonight over dinner and they will be onboard (although probably not HAPPILY on board :lmao:) and ready to start tomorrow!

Anyhow... here is what I printed up, if you are interested.

I was totally interested. I am so tired of doing all the chores...:laundy:..and I need to teach my kids to help out a bit more. They are great kids. The biggest problem is that they are so busy during the school year that I often don't feel that they really have much time to help out (especially with studying some nights). However, they have plenty of time in the summer and they need to practice a bit more responsibility.

Did anyone keep a list of all of those great quotes that have been on here? I'm trying to make myself some inspirational signs to hang around the house and I can't come up with much. This is all I have so far.....

Write it before you bite it!

The next bite is a chance to do it RIGHT!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Thanks for any ideas!..............P

I have a whole list of them from the last challenge...these all came from people from the BL9. Here we go....

Dead Last Finish
is greater than
Did Not Finish
which greatly trumps
Did Not Start

If hunger is not the question, food is not the answer.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.

No one ever got fit from staying cozy and comfy.

Give it your best and forget the rest.

DON'T GIVE UP! DON"T GET FRUSTRATED!

Fall down seven times, get up eight.

Hunger is not an emergency.

Just keep swimmin...just keep swimming

Do I really love this food?

I am strong.

If you feel hungry, your body is telling you something. Eat the right fuel and you will burn and aid in speeding your metabolism.

It's All in The Attitude

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.

I will never regret not running!

I AM WORTH IT

If you break a dish emptying the dishwasher, you don't throw the rest on the floor, so don't let one mistake snowball.

Be good to your body, it's the only place you have to live.

Losing weight is Hard. Maintaining weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard.

There's plenty of time to solve this thing, but you got to stop using your mouth and start using your brain!

You are worth it, and you are strong.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

I am doing the best I can given what I have today.

The past does not define you, the present does.

Life is a journey, and sometimes there are detours.

Exercise your optimism

Half of crazy is still crazy

Forward is a pace

Slow is the new fast

Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things.

I am back with the program as of today. Had a good breakfast and didn't go nuts at a graduation party this afternoon. :goodvibes Also did 65 minutes on the arc trainer and finished it off with a mile run. Yay - it felt really, really good!!

And - ta-dah!! - I registered for the Marine Corps Half Marathon today!! Now I really have to get my rear in gear!!!

YOU GO GIRL! :yay: You are doing great with your workouts and I am sure you will be totally ready for the 1/2 you registered for. Wish I could come out there and do it with you!!!!

Please send PD for my dad! He has to have major dental work done in the next few weeks and will find out on Tuesday when they can start. Has to have several teeth pulled first so I will have to take him and my mom to that. Only have one client scheduled this week so far!

Lots of PD going out to your dad! :wizard: I hope that it all goes smoothly and that all the dental work gets done quickly!

I didn't know there was a group! I would love to join!

Cute picture, Tracey!:goodvibes

:hug: to everyone who is having a rough time. And to me (I could use a hug today!):)

Took DS to the airport today. We had a nice visit. This might not make sense, but I cried cause I will miss him, but I am happy to have my nice, quiet house back. DH said he loves the "empty nest" and is happy to see him come and happy to see him go.:thumbsup2 Though, DH did get a little choked up at the airport.

Did ok with the food this weekend. I think someone (maybe Pamela) posted they sometimes wonder how they can do this for the rest of their life. I've been feeling that way a lot lately. Mostly, I'm just seriously contemplating calling it good and being a maintainer. We met some friends Friday night who we hadn't seen in a couple of weeks, and I got a ton of really nice complements. I'm going to think about it for a couple of days before I make a decision.

We did our long run yesterday. Had a good run, but a very sore foot afterwards. I have about 275 miles on my shoes (running and elliptical), so I went to a running store to see what they thought (different from where I got the last shoes). Anyhow, they said I am totally in the wrong shoe, and that the shoes I bought were 18mos-2 yrs old (2 models ago) when I bought them in April.:mad: It was really frustrating, because they weren't cheap and I bought them at a reputable running store. So I'm in new shoes with an insert and hoping that my feet are feeling good enough to run the 10k this weekend. She also rubbed my calf out with the "stick". OMG--excrutiating! She swore it would feel better tomorrow. So fingers crossed that everything is feeling better in the morning. I've been dealing with sore ankles/feet for a several weeks now.

QOTD--I definitely have a job and not a career right now, though I really like it. It's part-time--so I have absolutely no excuse not to exercise. I take my lunch every day so that is helpful.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and that you all have a super Monday!

Pjilla: Sorry about your friend. My cousin lost her aunt to Brain cancer just about the time teddy Kennedy was diagnosed. She too was a wonderful person and i always enjoyed talking with her.

Jen: Glad your son is feeling better. I think as kids we all feel invincible, until we do something stupid anyhow.

DIS WISH Group on FB: I didn't know there was 1 either:confused3 If its active I'll join in. If not then I'll just keep checking in here.

Now onto my report.

I'm down a half lb. this week. Not great but considering that I have just not had any real motivation to do anything this weekend I'm happy with it. I still have to pm that to Shannon though. keep forgetting that 1:rotfl:

I finished my Marathoning For Mortals and I LOVED IT!!

It was an easy read, a great overview and it made me realize something. It made me realize that I don't have any real accomplishments and I haven't in quite some time. At least not tangible that's just for me. Losing weight is losing weight and it gets me new clothes and stronger muscles. But in the end its just weight, and everybody who loves me today loved me before i lost anything.

I do stuff for the house, for my husband, the dog, the bird, my family etc. and all my accomplishments are related to one of those. And while I'm not unhappy with that, I now realize that I need something of my own. And I didn't know before i read the book.

So now that I've finished and done the personal inventory in the book I have decided that I'm going to walk a half marathon. I am currently setting my sights on the Shamrock Half in VA Beach next March. I have been active long enough that I should be able to handle the training program for it plus I have plenty of time to get into it too. If anybody from here wants to join me y'all are more than welcome. My personal goal is to finish it without feeling like I've died:rotfl:

Please don't take this as a whine, cause its really not. I'm pretty happy with my life. Its just missing a little bit is all.

QOTD Monday June 28: What is your favorite old tv series from when you were growing up that you wish was still on or they would revive? (I'm into fun questions for during the week!)

I loved The Cosby Show. These days I'd honestly love to see them bring back ANYTHING that I could, in good conscience, watch with DD. Clean and not obnoxious. Is it really too much to ask?

Been awake since 4 am again! Heading out in a few for a walk with my neighbor! Praying the rain stays away while we're walking! Gonna be a hot one today. Gonna drink lots of water and eat light! Grilled chicken sandwiches and/or salad for supper. My mom picked up the chipotle mayo for me so I plan on having a sandwich and a salad for supper! Hoping I can get my flowers planted while the girls are at VBS. May need a nap later too!

Gonna hold off doing a check in weigh in until Wednesday again. I did weigh myself yesterday morning and I was happy to see I was holding steady. Only bad thing yesterday was the popcorn at the movies and the few onion rings at lunch. Dinner was a lean pocket and some light ice cream with chocolate syrup!

I'll be off and on all day! Gonna be an unsettled week weather wise but Friday's looking great for my Red Sox game with DH and the 4th is also looking good!

I'm baaaacckk!!!!

Morning everyone! I posted at least 2 times Wednesday morning, but my laptop was dying, and it must have before it finished submitting!

I'll do a full TR soon, we got in around midnight, so I'm in unpack mode. Once I load the pics into the computer and photobucket, I'll post some! Just to give a few highlights:

*BLT is amazing! Nothing like being on the monorail, and walking "home" after fireworks!*Summer nighttastic fireworks were absolutely incredible!
*AK at night is gorgeous-EE in the dark is awesome!
*The disney dance party during pm EMH at DHS is sooo cool. They play songs like Cha Cha Slide, cupid shuffle, etc. Goofy, Pluto, Mickey, Minnie, Einsteins, Handy Manny are all there, and they just dance. Can't stop for photo poses, which makes it great! Pluto accidentally hit DD (10) on the head with a limbo stick, and kissed and snuggled her for about 15 minutes afterwards. They danced with all the characters, and it was sooo cool!
*At Epcot EMH (pm), there were VERY few kids in Turtle Talk. Crush talked to both my girls, and picked on DH. VERY COOL!
*DD2 (age 3) hit 40 inches!!! She got her first rides on Stitch, Kali, Splash, and BTMRR. LOVED BTMRR and Splash is her new favorite. She called it the bunny ride! Threw her arms up and yelled, sang Zip a dee doo dah all week!
Ended up riding it 3 times during the week.

*DD10 felt very grown up when we surprised her with dinner at Chefs de France. However, she decided she liked the idea of French food more than actually eating it.;)
*Had my first Dole Whip float. Yeah, it's all that!
*We had the best Stitch interaction at Ohana breakfast. He saw DH's VT hat, and made the Hokie sign, and jumped up and down. Spent a lot of time with us. It was great!
*Lunch at the castle was perfect. Food was great, it was beautiful!!

ANd the lowlights:
*Let's just say that so far, I ate at least 4,000 calories over what I needed each day. I won't go with today's weight, b/c I know the 12 hr. drive home has me bloated, but it's baaaaaddd!
*It was hot! But it's hot everywhere, and we managed~
*I never did my runs to the castle. Or anywhere. My legs ached, knees and hamstrings hurt sooo bad from pushing my chunk in her stroller up all those ramps, I was afraid I would really do some damage. I hope I can get back into it in the morning. (I have a hilarious tan line. Face, arms, and back of my legs are brown. Front of my legs are still kinda white, b/c they stayed behindd the stroller all week!)
*I really built my arm muscles, DD wanted to be held after we parked the stroller, and 3 or 4 times she fell asleep while I was holding her on a bus, boat, etc, and I carried her back to the room. She weighs about 40lbs, so no small feat!
*I felt like a bad mother. For DD2, everything was magical, she loved meeting Ariel again, her favorite, loved the new rides, had a blast with the characters. DD1 cried when we got there, she was sooo happy. But as the week went on, I knew she had a great time, but it seemed like DD2 was just more...excited. She didn't complain, but she copped an attitude a few times, tried to act like some of the teenagers we saw. I tried so hard to do things for her, like the chef's dinner, waited in a 40 minute standby line at 11pm at DHS EMH so she could ride RNRc, but it just seemed like we concentrated a bit more on DD2 because she was so into the magic. I can't put my finger on it, other than she's growing up, which makes me sad.

I made it through Father's Day. I got a little weepy a few times that day, especially when we were having DH's Father's Day dinner at Ohana, and the "lei lady" kept talking about how special Daddy's are. If you remember, a month or so ago, my mom gave me $100 from my Daddy since I had lost 50 lbs. I decided then that I would use the money at WDW to buy a watch. Daddy had asked me to wear his while he was in the hospital, and I wore it for about a month afterwards. It seemed like a very symbolic way to remember him, that in time I will see him again, and time goes on. Well, when we went watch shopping, I had 2 I liked. One was $100, and the other was a Citizen Eco-Drive watch. I was ready to go for the $100 one for money's sake, and DH gave me the extra money to get the citizen, since it would last longer. I had to leave the store while he paid for it, I was crying so hard, but I love it.

Yep, you know I'm back when you see a book!:lmao: Have a few more memories to share, but I'll do that later. A few things I remember from skimming the thread:

my3princes - so glad Hunter's MRI was so fantastic! I actually shed a few tears!

pjilla- sorry for the loss of your friend, and a hang in there for you, too!

Tracey-hope your parents are okay! Sending ppd

Jen-congrats on your WW goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm even further behind you now!! And thanks for the list of quotes!

sabushka-your story on losing your weight in a week gives me hope!

Shelby-hang in there! We'll get there!

lovedvc-you are doing great! GOAL is in sight!

Bree-there was something I was going to say to you, but I forgot. :laughing:

For those that ran races- congrats!

OctoberBride-good job setting a goal for the half!

Someone mentioned a bit of jealousy when others have big losses- I know what you mean! Your turn is coming!

Happy Birthday to those I missed!

Taryn

I did it! At age 52, I went and got my first pedicure. I enjoyed it and my feet feel great. I had my toenails painted "Phillies" red, I love them. Have a good Monday everyone!

Well, I was late but I finally stepped on the scales today to see where I was and it wasn't bad at all! I lost about 2 pounds, but that was after being up the last week.

We got my dad settled back into the hospital after they released him too early on Saturday. I hope we can get enough recovery time for him this time.

A friend of the family lost her battle with brain cancer this morning. We knew it was coming but it is still a great loss. She was TRULY a wonderful person, a positive, happy smiling person, a good Christian. I know we all say that about people after they are gone, but in this case it is very true.

I'm so sorry about your friend. :hug:

Thanks to everyone who asked....DS is doing fine today. We are feeling very lucky and he got a serious reminder about goofing around at the pool. He was STANDING on the bottom of the slide (a HUGE NO NO and he knows it) and slipped. He hit the bottom part of it with his neck/throat and then fell into the pool! It was totally freaky! :eek: We expected some bruising...which he has. We expected his neck to be a bit sore but he says he is fine. He does have a bit of a "raspy" voice today and says his throat is a bit sore. We did talk with the doctors because DS has had major throat surgery and we just wanted to be sure that we did not need to bring him in. Doctors said as long as he was breathing, eating and drinking fine it was okay for now. I have a feeling that DD and DS will not be messing around at the pool for a while.

Holy cow!!! How old is he? That would have scared me out of my mind. I bet you saw his life flash before your eyes. :sad2: I'm so glad it was nothing more serious. Boys sure can scare you to death, can't they?

Sherry woo hoo!! You're first pedicure!! :woohoo:

Taryn welcome back - I was just thinking about you last night. It sounds like a fantastic trip! Don't feel like a bad mom about dd. She's just enjoying WDW differently. I almost lost it with your watch story...that's very special. What does it look like?

Tracey love the pics of your girls! What cuties you have. :cutie:

Rose&Mike :hug::hug::hug: hugs for you!

Quick post before I head to work. Weekend was busy. Got the weigh ins entered but nothing else done on the computer.

Here's the reminder for those who haven't reported in yet. There's still time to get your June 25th weigh-ins reported. Results post will be done tomorrow evening (west coast time).

acename
alisaheather
BernardandMissBianca
bouldertcr
brinalyn530
chrissyd1
denise5374
DisCanCan
donac
Graciesmom77
hmonkeyruns
Hockeychic
ibouncetoo
Illini Disney Girl
Illini Disney Guy
jimmduck
kimara
Kimkimba
lisalisalisa
LittlePrincess2010
Ltl Mermaid
Lucky'sMom
MinnieMouseMom
mommyarewegoingback
my3princes
Nicole786
OctoberBride03
Piglet18
pintamino
planaholic
PrincessEmilysMommy
PRINCESSVIJA
redwalker
snugglepeas
Tinker'n'Fun
uptown girl44
wdwfan6
Yunchman

Quickly answer the QOTD

Saturday QOTD: What is your biggest guilty pleasure food item at WDW?
at DL I love Bengal BBQ, at WDW nothing in particular stands out.

Sunday, June 27:Career and health? Does yours help or hinder you?
help a little because I can be active at work. somedays I'm on the go all the time, walking, lifting, etc and other days stuck in meetings or at my computer.

I really enjoyed Growing Pains, where the parents were actually parenting. Too many of the "family" sitcoms now have kids acting too grown up.

I did it! At age 52, I went and got my first pedicure. I enjoyed it and my feet feel great. I had my toenails painted "Phillies" red, I love them. Have a good Monday everyone!

:woohoo:Good for you wasnt it wonderful. Great way to spend time on yourself. and I love the color you picked Go Phils!!!!

I'm baaaacckk!!!!
I'll do a full TR soon, we got in around midnight, so I'm in unpack mode. Once I load the pics into the computer and photobucket, I'll post some! Just to give a few highlights:

Cant wait to read it.

[COLOR="YellowGreen*Summer nighttastic fireworks were absolutely incredible!
[COLOR="red"]I would love to see this. My favorite part of summer is watching fireworks![/COLOR]

*The disney dance party during pm EMH at DHS is sooo cool. They play songs like Cha Cha Slide, cupid shuffle, etc. Goofy, Pluto, Mickey, Minnie, Einsteins, Handy Manny are all there, and they just dance. Can't stop for photo poses, which makes it great! Pluto accidentally hit DD (10) on the head with a limbo stick, and kissed and snuggled her for about 15 minutes afterwards. They danced with all the characters, and it was sooo cool!

This sounds like a blast!!!

*At Epcot EMH (pm), there were VERY few kids in Turtle Talk. Crush talked to both my girls, and picked on DH. VERY COOL!
*DD2 (age 3) hit 40 inches!!! She got her first rides on Stitch, Kali, Splash, and BTMRR. LOVED BTMRR and Splash is her new favorite. She called it the bunny ride! Threw her arms up and yelled, sang Zip a dee doo dah all week!
Ended up riding it 3 times during the week.

How awesome what a magical trip for your little one

*DD10 felt very grown up when we surprised her with dinner at Chefs de France. However, she decided she liked the idea of French food more than actually eating it.;)

:lmao:thats funny!
*Had my first Dole Whip float. Yeah, it's all that!

Im definitely getting one for the first time in feb. Its on my to do list

*We had the best Stitch interaction at Ohana breakfast. He saw DH's VT hat, and made the Hokie sign, and jumped up and down. Spent a lot of time with us. It was great!

How fun! I love Ohana's for breakfast :lovestruc

ANd the lowlights:
*Let's just say that so far, I ate at least 4,000 calories over what I needed each day. I won't go with today's weight, b/c I know the 12 hr. drive home has me bloated, but it's baaaaaddd!

Its ok you enjoyed yourself just get back on the wagon this week and you will do fine.

*I felt like a bad mother. For DD2, everything was magical, she loved meeting Ariel again, her favorite, loved the new rides, had a blast with the characters. DD1 cried when we got there, she was sooo happy. But as the week went on, I knew she had a great time, but it seemed like DD2 was just more...excited. She didn't complain, but she copped an attitude a few times, tried to act like some of the teenagers we saw. I tried so hard to do things for her, like the chef's dinner, waited in a 40 minute standby line at 11pm at DHS EMH so she could ride RNRc, but it just seemed like we concentrated a bit more on DD2 because she was so into the magic. I can't put my finger on it, other than she's growing up, which makes me sad.

Ah its sad to see your kids grow up and get out of the magical years. I am trying to get back with the kids before DS1 hits 8yrs. Im sure she enjoyed it just not it the same way. Sometimes no matter what you do to make it special they just dont look at it in that way. She will appreciate when she older and has kids of her own someday.

I made it through Father's Day. I got a little weepy a few times that day, especially when we were having DH's Father's Day dinner at Ohana, and the "lei lady" kept talking about how special Daddy's are. If you remember, a month or so ago, my mom gave me $100 from my Daddy since I had lost 50 lbs. I decided then that I would use the money at WDW to buy a watch. Daddy had asked me to wear his while he was in the hospital, and I wore it for about a month afterwards. It seemed like a very symbolic way to remember him, that in time I will see him again, and time goes on. Well, when we went watch shopping, I had 2 I liked. One was $100, and the other was a Citizen Eco-Drive watch. I was ready to go for the $100 one for money's sake, and DH gave me the extra money to get the citizen, since it would last longer. I had to leave the store while he paid for it, I was crying so hard, but I love it.

:hug:Im sure that must of been hard. Im so happy you have such a great way to keep the memory of your dad close to you. Im sure he is looking down on you very proud!!!!

QOTD- when I was a kid my cousin and I would watch nick at night. She stayed at my house alot during the summers. I loved watching my three sons. I do miss the cosby show too. I also loved doogie houser MD.

Hope your all having a great start to the week. I am back at work but only for 4days. Friday Im off to pack and then early saturday we leave for our 9day trip to TN. I cant wait and am having a hard time focusing here at work.

Actually, my kids stay pretty busy... especially DD. But I would like a little help during their free time!! DD will be swimming twice a day most of the summer, DS heads off to Robotics camp for the week tomorrow. Then we have a short July 4th vacation, our week long family vacation later in the month, the assorted weekend trips, day trips, play time with friends, swim meets, etc. But I am sick of being the cleaning/cooking/taxi-ing martyr all summer. They want friend time, car rides, $$ for stuff?? Then they better be ready to HELP!

List is written and printed and ready to hang on the fridge. Hopefully we can talk about it tonight over dinner and they will be onboard (although probably not HAPPILY on board :lmao:) and ready to start tomorrow!

Anyhow... here is what I printed up, if you are interested. (And I'm not being unfair to DD about the bathroom chore.... but she has her own bathroom and DS shares with us. Her bathroom can get really icky if she isn't reminded to keep it CLEAN!)

I liked your list so much I copied & pasted it into a MS Word file. ;)

If we can, I would like to sign my kids up for swimming lessons - which would be 1/2 hour daily for 6 weeks here. Walking there & back should be 1/2 hour each way. I'll call it our daily Disney training walk. :rolleyes1

Plus, both have reading & homework daily in advance of our Sept Disney trip.

I want each of them to do daily chores around the house.

And the rest of the day for playing/relaxing.

So this morning, I told my kids that on Wednesday (first summer vacation day) that we are sitting down and making up a summer calendar & chore list. Your list will come in handy and I'm sure I'll be copying some items.

I am so very behind on the QOTDs, and other posts -- I owe :bday: to Joanne and Ltl Mermaid! And Pamela -- I'm so sorry for your loss :hug: Welcome Back to Taryn! Thanks to Maiziezoe and Tracey for being our coaches!

QOTD1 ~ Thursday:

What is for dinner tonight?

I had barbecued chicken and popcorn. I had intended to have a salad, but the mushrooms went bad and oozed over everything else :eek:

QOTD2 ~ Thursday:

Tell us a little about your last trip to Disney... (if you haven't been to Disney yet, tell us what you look forward to the most).

Our last trip to Disney was for marathon weekend last January. It was unseasonably cold, and it snowed at the start of the Half, so that was a new experience. My favorite part of the trip was that we had relatives running various races, so it was like a family reunion. I also made my usual pilgrimmage to DTD and enjoyed shopping at the World of Disney and Christmas shop. Of course there were trips to Goofy's Candy Co., a trip to DTD isn't complete without made-to-order chocolate covered pretzels! I'm looking forward to going again next January and trying a different resort. I just found out POR will be undergoing rehab, so were going to branch out, I haven't decided where yet. We've also stayed at POFQ, CSR and BC, so maybe somewhere new!

QOTD: Friday, June 25th 2010: PT 1:What item in your kitchen has helped you the most in your journey to better health!

I'm going to say measuring cups and spoons. My portion estimates are always way off! :rotfl:

Part 2: Name one song that really gets you moving! ( I need some new music for my iPod and would love suggestions)!

This week, it's two -- "Let's Get it Started" by the B'eyed Peas, and "In the Middle" by Jimmy Eat World.

Saturday QOTD: What is your biggest guilty pleasure food item at WDW? (Question comes courtesy of doconeill, my DH!)

Probably the carrot cake cookies at Goofy's Candy Co., in DTD. I am a big fan! :lovestruc

QOTD for Sunday, June 27:Career and health? Does yours help or hinder you?

I actually think having a career helps me -- it forces me to work out early and get it done before my day starts. Otherwise, I know me, and I would drift around and just not get to it. It also forces me to be organized in packing my lunches, so I bring healthy things rather than root through my kitchen. I have to eat a healthy breakfast so I can stay focused in the morning -- and I eat with ds, so we start our day together with oatmeal or eggs in the winter, and a lighter, healthy meal for summer. I often have to go to meetings downtown, which is about 1.5-2M from my office. I walk whenever I can, so that's a little exercise bonus. My employer also offers discounted yoga once a week, I probably would never have tried it without the ease of doing it onsite.

I know it was tried and failed, but I have to say "Bewitched". I was a huge fan of it on Nick at Night, I just loved the first Darren! He was hysterical, and who didn't want to be Samantha?! It really captured my imagination when I was young, and I'd love to have something like that again. :lovestruc

I ran 10M yesterday and 4M this morning. I need to get out the holiday decorations when I get home tonight. I'm doing really well eating on plan, so that's a blessing.

My ds has camp during the day and summer reading for next year, so I don't do a separate chore list. He has his regular responsibilities plus his reading, and we will also ask him to skim the pool or pull weeds as needed. He's also taking two classes this summer to prepare him for the intense curriculum at his new school -- Intro to Latin and a Study Skills class. I think that's plenty for a 12 yr. old! He has a week-long orientation for his new school at the end of August -- 5 mornings from 9-12. I want everything done before he starts that, so he's got a reading/report schedule for each day. He made it himself, he's a very organized kid. A few years ago, he created parade and activity schedule for the 4 WDW parks, just for fun. He made floats and marchers with his toys, it was amazing. He is definitely considering a future with Disney! :yay:

Maria :upsidedow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter