Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
oooooh John Stamos...I might have to start watching Glee! Blackie on GH...:lovestruc

Taryn don't stress too much about your weight. Yes it's a lot but it came on in a week and will probably come off in 2. A few days home, get back into your routine, and you'll lose fast - all that water retention! Do you feel any of it, are your muscles tender in you legs when you push on them? I know it's disheartening, but for what it's worth I think you're doing the right thing not saying "lost 56 gained 12." That can lead to stinkin' thinkin' easily! When you feel too defeated just channel some Nemo "Just keep swimming..." :goodvibes

QOTD: Loved Lost, 24, Private Practice, BL, Survivor...DH and DD love Wipe Out - that's "their show" I don't like watching it.

Sticking with my "just for today" outlook since it worked out great yesterday. I'm showing a loss for the week :woohoo: and somehow it seems to disappear, so I'm staying in the moment for the rest of the week. Somehow, and I swear I don't know how,:thumbsup2 I have been treating myself and losing the loss - not this time!!

Taryn -- I don't heat the green beans. I just eat them poured from the can. LOL! This doesn't work with french cut for me, though. I don't like them that way. If I am home, I mix them with lemon juice & garlic for my own green bean salad.

Not much new here. I felt like I ate too much yesterday and then realized I was under on my WW points. Too much processed stuff, though, especially on snacks. However, I am consistent with the 4 F/V servings per day and my water. YAY! Oh, and exercise. PT is a solid 50 minutes of working out in the pool.

Congrats to everyone who stuck with the challenge this past week and most especially, congratulations to all our big losers!!! :woohoo:

Congratulations to all of our superstars this week and especially to our biggest loser, cclovesdis! Great job! :goodvibes

Thanks! I will admit that I am not pleased with they way the "after" pictures look, I think I'll call them "during". :) My mom came over today for a bit, and made the comment that the camera really does add weight, b/c I am really smaller than I look in them. I had to hug her!

:hug: Taryn, look how cute you look in that pink shirt! Your stomach is not as big as you feel like it is. That vacation weight will be gone in no time now that you are home and back OP! :thumbsup2

Sorry I've been MIA today. Had a wicked headache all day, even called in sick tonight. It's mostly gone now but I'm really tired too! Worked, went shopping with the kids, went to the transfer station, laid down for a short time. made supper and now looking forward to playing Lego Harry Potter! DD1 loves the DSi version. She's played it most of the afternoon. Had another Bud Light Lime tonight but I deserved it!

:hug: Hope that you are feeling better soon, Tracey, and best wishes to your Dad for a speedy recovery!

Popping in from Disneyworld, it's hot!!
I'm sweating, a lot!!!
Eating a lot of food, NOT!!!!
I ran out of rhymes, that's all I got.

Just wanted to say hey before heading out to dinner. I've been drinking about 8 - 10 bottles of water a day so I'm getting that in. Eating a lot of light weight vegetarian meals, just can't do meat and starches in this weather.

:wave2: Hi Buffy! Glad that you are having a good time!

I just want you to know this - you may view me as strong and inspiring but I am constantly still struggling with the self-esteem issues. I need to come here every day and at least read what people are saying so that I can find my strength from all of you. We all give each other a nudge in the right direction and there are many days where you have inspired me to keep on going. You CAN do this! I know it feels a bit cruddy (and a bit sad because you are home from Disney) but I KNOW you be feeling strong again soon.

:hug:, jenanderson, sometimes I think it is hard to let go of the old image of ourselves. You've made so much progress and look great! You really do! :goodvibes

I'm excited to report that DD loves almost any raw/fresh fruit or vegetable. I turned away for a few minutes this weekend, and she'd eaten an entire container of blackberries! Yesterday she wanted to eat the entire nectarine so she could see the pit in the middle. And today, she started whining before dinner that she was too hungry and couldn't wait for her food. So I asked what she wanted, and she asked for a banana. She also eats tomatoes out of hand like they were apples. DH won't eat fruit and barely tolerates vegetables, so it's nice to have someone else in the house to prepare and eat produce with.

That's a gift of for a healthy lifetime for your DD getting to love all those fruits and veggies! :flower3: You're a great Mom!

its been a crazy couple of nights getting set for our mini-vacation.

Enjoy your mini-vacation, Shannon!

I think that quote was out there in the last challenge from a sparkpeople article -- it was in a results post in the spring. Maybe we should be putting all these good quotes in a thread or a separate post so we can refer back to them easily.

Hi everyone!! It's been a busy week here, and I've missed you all. :flower3:
Getting adjusted to the camp routine before work has really interfered with my dis time. We have a busy week with fourth of july coming up. It's family festival in our town for 2 weeks before with lots of activities. Tonight is oldies night and they close off the town square and a band plays oldies songs and the kids and some adults dance in the streets. We invited friend for supper first so I've been trying to get my yard in order. THe 3rd we have a huge fireworks display at the park near us, so our neighbor hood is crazy and we have a big cookout that night too. I've been trying to get organized and didn't turn the computer on the last two nights so I'd be more productive.

I hope to read back later today. Hope you're all having a good week.

Enjoy all your 4th of July activities, Kathy!

Sticking with my "just for today" outlook since it worked out great yesterday. I'm showing a loss for the week :woohoo: and somehow it seems to disappear, so I'm staying in the moment for the rest of the week. Somehow, and I swear I don't know how,:thumbsup2 I have been treating myself and losing the loss - not this time!!

Go, jennz, go! :cheer2:

Have a great day all!

Little Victory!!

We went out to Culver's last night. I knew ahead of time, so hopped online to check nutritional information. (For anyone who eats at Culver's their site rocks, you can click and un-click components of a menu item to get a good calorie and nutrition count)

I had a complete meal, sandwich, side and drink for 448 calories. Grilled chicken sandwich, bun, lettuce, tomato, mustard, mashed potatoes and gravy.

SO nice to go out and not feel like a stuffed little pig when I left.

This is not an easy journey that we are on. We are the only ones who can make this dream happen for ourselves. Ask yourself what is really important to you? What will make you and your families happier at the end of the day? Will taking care of yourself and being healthy help you with your goals? What can you do each and every day to get yourself where you want to be?
Shared by Tigger813 who got it from somewhere :goodvibes

Thanks for the inspirational quote, and thanks for putting this together for us.

I have a new mindset though. Instead of someone that had lost 56, gained 12, all that is in the past. I can't rest on what I have done any longer. I have coasted for the last month, and I am sick and tired of it. I am making myself clippie-less for a while. I am now someone that weighs 172 pounds. Gosh, that's hard to say. goal is to lose 22 pounds by September 5. My wii says it will be too hard to do. I want to prove it wrong. I am going to get back to journaling THIS MORNING. I am going to the grocery store, and stocking up on fruits and veggies. I do not want any salt to enter my body, and I am going to continue to drink a gallon of water a day.

Have a great day all!

If you set your mind to it, I am sure that you can do it!! Even if you set your mind to it, and miss it, you'll be fine because you're working your hardest to get to that goal.

II am trying to catch up on Glee as I plan on watching it next season when John Stamos joins the cast! Always been a big fan of his from when he was on GH and then his short-lived show Dreams with Jack Klugman to Full House and ER! I hope he gets to sing a lot too! Seems like such a nice guy!

Time to get up and get moving again! Enjoy your HUMP day! The weekend is fast approaching!

Have a great day! Good for you getting out on a walk already.

Getting adjusted to the camp routine before work has really interfered with my dis time. We have a busy week with fourth of july coming up. It's family festival in our town for 2 weeks before with lots of activities. Tonight is oldies night and they close off the town square and a band plays oldies songs and the kids and some adults dance in the streets. We invited friend for supper first so I've been trying to get my yard in order. THe 3rd we have a huge fireworks display at the park near us, so our neighbor hood is crazy and we have a big cookout that night too. I've been trying to get organized and didn't turn the computer on the last two nights so I'd be more productive.

The festival sounds like fun! Have a great time!!

I know it is 20 years since ds was born 20 years ago today ( I no longer have any teenagers) and came home just in time for the 4th of July. He slept through the fireworks that night.

We are going out to his college to take him out to dinner tonight to celebrate his birthday. He has gotten most of his presents from us so the only thing I will bring him is the meatloafs I made him for his freezer. He will also get all the cards that have been collecting on the table for him. That will be enough presents for him.

It is a beautiful day here in jersey. Cool and sunny. It was so nice I slept till 6 am. I went for some blood work this morning. I plan on getting some sewing done this morning and maybe some laundry before we leave.

Tomorrow morning I am thinking about picking blueberries for my freezer.

Have a great day everyone. Congrats to all the big winners this week.

Enjoy your time with DS for his birthday!!

That is a great attitude! Good job on the loss for the week.

Not much new here. I felt like I ate too much yesterday and then realized I was under on my WW points. Too much processed stuff, though, especially on snacks. However, I am consistent with the 4 F/V servings per day and my water. YAY! Oh, and exercise. PT is a solid 50 minutes of working out in the pool.

Congrats to everyone who stuck with the challenge this past week and most especially, congratulations to all our big losers!!! :woohoo:

How awesome to feel completely full and have points left over!!

Other than my little victory, not a lot new here. We have quite a few errands to run this morning, so I should find some motivation somewhere.

QOTD Wednesday

Current Favorite TV Show is Grey's Anatomy!

QOTD: Wednesday: What is your current favorite tv show?

Of those being broadcast right now, I think I'd pick "Dr. Who", followed closely by "PBS Mystery!" I've really been enjoying the Agatha Christie movies. Next week "Eureka" and "Warehouse 13" premiere, so one of those may shoot to the top of the list. As far as the prime-time lineup goes, I think "Grey's" is my favorite of those left for the Fall.

I'm a little annoyed I didn't get up and do the 10M I had planned for today. But, I'm having some trouble with my eyes, and I need to go to the doctor today to get that taken care of. Milky discharge, itching some burning, but no sensitivity to light so I don't think it's pink eye. I have an appt. at noon, so hopefully I'll be able to get some medicine, get my contacts back in my eyes, and get moving soon!

On the bright side, my eating is definitely right on track. I just have to hope that will be enough to see me to a loss this week. As long as I don't have a big gain, I won't beat myself up too much.

Maria :upsidedow

I'd have to say In Plain Sight is probably my favorite right now. Most of my favorites are on the USA network these days, although we just started watching Leverage on TNT and we're really enjoying that one too.

I saw that a few of you mentioned Big Bang Theory. I love those geeks! :rotfl: Actually, I like that whole Monday night line up - How I Met Your Mother and Rules of Engagement (but NOT Two and a Half Men - Ugh!)

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 4 Superstars!!
#11- 0.88% - Rose&Mike
#10- 0.89% - MushyMushy
#9- 0.93% - lovedvc
#8- TIE at 1.21% - A.Mickey & LMDisneygirl
#7- 1.24% - jenanderson
#6- 1.29% - Connie96
#5- 1.35% - Dahly
#4- 1.46% - JOANNEL
#3- 2.05% - tiki23
#2- 2.15% - disneymom2one

and now
The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 4 Biggest Loser!!

#1- 2.33% - cclovesdis

OMG!! I can't believe I made the top 12 list! :woohoo: Congrats to all this week's losers! And lots of luck and pixie dust to everyone for successful losing this week. :goodvibes

Well, I'm staying home from work today. DD was complaining about a tummy ache when I picked her up yesterday and wouldn't eat anything at all. Later in the evening and during the night she vomited several times. She seems a little better this morning, but we're still home for the day and, so far, have watched Tinkerbell The Lost Treasure and now we're about 20 minutes into Sleeping Beauty. I think we're all gonna be fine. :laughing:

I always have a much harder time staying on-plan when I'm at home rather than at the office. Maybe I'll just take a really long nap! After all, I can't munch if I'm asleep! :laughing:

Wednesday QOTD: I love the Amazing Race hands down my favorite. Someday I might even apply to be on it with DH.

Congrats to all the losers out there. I hope to be a big losers this week. So far so good even with TOM :cool1:

We leave (start our drive to Florida) 2 weeks from today :cool1::eek: I guess I'd better start preparing.

oooooh John Stamos...I might have to start watching Glee! Blackie on GH...:lovestruc

Taryn don't stress too much about your weight. Yes it's a lot but it came on in a week and will probably come off in 2. A few days home, get back into your routine, and you'll lose fast - all that water retention! Do you feel any of it, are your muscles tender in you legs when you push on them? I know it's disheartening, but for what it's worth I think you're doing the right thing not saying "lost 56 gained 12." That can lead to stinkin' thinkin' easily! When you feel too defeated just channel some Nemo "Just keep swimming..." :goodvibes

QOTD: Loved Lost, 24, Private Practice, BL, Survivor...DH and DD love Wipe Out - that's "their show" I don't like watching it.

Yummm... Blackie. :love:

I don't watch Wipe Out either.

Congrats to CC and all the top losers this week! and great job to everyone else too!!!

QOTD- I am an MTV junkie ( i hate to admit this since I am now in my 30's) I love the hills and the city. We also love to watch cops, ace of cakes, cake boss, diners driveins and dives, man vs. food, american idol, dancing with the stars.

I am going to put this out there for the first time, which is very, very, very hard for me to do. When I weighed Monday morning, my weight was up 12 pounds from Friday's weigh in of the previous week. 12. That's almost 2 pounds a day gain. 2 pounds of that is now gone. I have to do some serious exercise in the next 3 days to even have a remote chance of getting back my 50 pound clippie, which is 4 pounds away. That's my goal, 2 pounds a day.

I have a new mindset though. Instead of someone that had lost 56, gained 12, all that is in the past. I can't rest on what I have done any longer. I have coasted for the last month, and I am sick and tired of it. I am making myself clippie-less for a while. I am now someone that weighs 172 pounds. Gosh, that's hard to say. goal is to lose 22 pounds by September 5. My wii says it will be too hard to do. I want to prove it wrong. I am going to get back to journaling THIS MORNING. I am going to the grocery store, and stocking up on fruits and veggies. I do not want any salt to enter my body, and I am going to continue to drink a gallon of water a day.

Have a great day all!

Good for you taryn! What a great attitude to have. I am glad you went and enjoyed yourself at disney. Nothing wrong with that. The 12lbs will come off fast dont worry.

I missed you too! your neighborhood festivities sound like so much fun. We always have a big fourth of july picnic and then meet up with my BF and her family at the firehouse her husband,dad, and brother work at. the kids climb all of the fire trucks and play while we wait and the fireworks come directly overhead. This year we are going to be away which we still will enjoy but Im kinda sad we are not getting to do our usual tradition. Have a great time!

Little Victory!!

We went out to Culver's last night. I knew ahead of time, so hopped online to check nutritional information. (For anyone who eats at Culver's their site rocks, you can click and un-click components of a menu item to get a good calorie and nutrition count)

I had a complete meal, sandwich, side and drink for 448 calories. Grilled chicken sandwich, bun, lettuce, tomato, mustard, mashed potatoes and gravy.

Great job!! That's good to know, I love Culver's but haven't been in a while. It's good to eat out and still fell in control.:goodvibes

Of those being broadcast right now, I think I'd pick "Dr. Who", followed closely by "PBS Mystery!" I've really been enjoying the Agatha Christie movies. Next week "Eureka" and "Warehouse 13" premiere, so one of those may shoot to the top of the list. As far as the prime-time lineup goes, I think "Grey's" is my favorite of those left for the Fall.

I'm a little annoyed I didn't get up and do the 10M I had planned for today. But, I'm having some trouble with my eyes, and I need to go to the doctor today to get that taken care of. Milky discharge, itching some burning, but no sensitivity to light so I don't think it's pink eye. I have an appt. at noon, so hopefully I'll be able to get some medicine, get my contacts back in my eyes, and get moving soon!

On the bright side, my eating is definitely right on track. I just have to hope that will be enough to see me to a loss this week. As long as I don't have a big gain, I won't beat myself up too much.

Two votes for Dr. Who...I'll have to check it out. :thumbsup2 Maria I had that w/my eyes, started with allergies and turned into an infection. He gave me some awesome (but expensive) eye drops and my eyes were better over night. I used those and he also told me to use blink rewetting drops every 2 - 4 hours. I'm hoping it's that easy for you too!

Lisa I am going!:woohoo:

Missed you too!!!

If you set your mind to it, I am sure that you can do it!! Even if you set your mind to it, and miss it, you'll be fine because you're working your hardest to get to that goal.

Thanks! I wonder if since my goal is farther away now, I'll work harder to get there. I had kinda gotten complacent, with all the "you don't need to lose anymore" comments I had been getting.

Well, I'm staying home from work today. DD was complaining about a tummy ache when I picked her up yesterday and wouldn't eat anything at all. Later in the evening and during the night she vomited several times. She seems a little better this morning, but we're still home for the day and, so far, have watched Tinkerbell The Lost Treasure and now we're about 20 minutes into Sleeping Beauty. I think we're all gonna be fine. :laughing:I always have a much harder time staying on-plan when I'm at home rather than at the office. Maybe I'll just take a really long nap! After all, I can't munch if I'm asleep! :laughing:

I am seriously considering a nap myself, or just curling up in the bed with a book, if the girls will behave. Dreary days always make me sleepy! Hope DD is feeling better!

Hope the dr. can get you straightened out quickly! I hate it when I can't wear my contacts!

I ended up doing the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. Don't know how much fat I banished, but holy cow that's a hard cardio workout! About 55 minutes. At one point, I had to stop doing the plyo jumps and just jog around the house, and went up and down my hilly driveway for a minute. I feel better mentally, I just :lovestruc endorphins!

Have a great day. I'll be jumping on a lot for motivation!

Congrats to CC!! Awesome job!!

Went and saw the midnight showing of Eclipse last night. Stayed away from the popcorn and the snacks and had ice water (with extra ice, thank you). Great movie... great time spent with my amazing 13 year old daughter.

I love reality TV. My favorite show starts in 8 days... Big Brother. I am beyond excited. I do not watch America's Got Talent. Love Survivor, Amazing Race, anything on BRAVO. Any cooking show. The only non-reality shows I like are Glee, The Middle, Modern Family and Cougar Town.

DH recorded Warehouse 13 last night. We love Eureka! I've missed it! Can't wait until it starts! DH is a sci-fi geek and even has his own sci-fi website! Girls like Dr. Who a lot, especially the 5 year old. SHe reminds him that we need to watch it on Saturdays! Too funny!

Little Victory!!

Congratulations, Tricia!! You should be so proud of yourself. And, you gotta LOVE restaurants that make that information available and make their sites so user-friendly. :cloud9:

QOTD Wednesday-- favorite current TV show? I don't watch TV at all most of the time (though I watched way too much Hallmark Channel during my two weeks stuck in my bedroom). We put the Today Show on in the morning while we are getting ready. My favorite show is GLEE!

Thanks to everyone for all the concerned replies and encouragement! :grouphug:

I just got back from the doctor, and I have medicine to put in my eyes three times a day for 7 days. The good news is it's just an irritation, the bad news is it's about to get a lot more irritating -- no contacts for 7 days, and I have to throw out my eye makeup and start over. Wait -- that could be fun! I'm looking for a silver lining since my running is officially on hold. On the bright side, now I will be extremely rested when I start again next Thursday. I'm not working that day, so I'm already definitely planning to do 10M. That should make me feel like I'm back! Now I have to be extremely careful with my food. I will be watching those points like a hawk, and hopefully I will at least not have a big gain this week and next week...

I can't run with my glasses, but I think I *could* ride the exercise bike, so maybe I'll plan to do some of that to hopefully keep the cardio going somewhat.

Maria -- I am so glad it was so easily diagnosed and that the treatment sounds pretty straightforward. Please remember that if you can't run for a week, doing 6.2 might be a bit much for the first time out after your forced hiatus. Glad you can bike or do other stuff to keep you from going stir-crazy (like me -- LOL!) Take care. Oh, and have fun shopping for all new eye makeup.

So I have come to the conclusion that it is absolulely impossible for me to lose enough weight by this Sunday to beat my cousin's husband in our weight loss contest. He lost another 1.8 lbs at ww today which makes it even tougher for me to catch up. I hate the fact that men can lose so much easier. I gave it my all though and so far I am down a little over 20 lbs. I'm gonna take that and be very happy about it.

Hey I just noticed I came in 9th this week that's another thing for me to be happy about

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter