Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I haven't responded much today. I've been busy and truthfully am not feeling great this evening. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. Of course we set a record high today so that isn't helping. In any event I'm going to post tomorrow's QOTD

Wednesday QOTD: What is your favorite Disney song? You know the one that plays and you can't help but think of your last Disney vacation.

For me it's acuma matada (sorry about the spelling :scared:) It brings me back to Animal Kingdom and the Lion King show :goodvibes

Hi everybody

Checking in after a few days away from the thread. Work weekends are always nuts and draining.

Official weigh in this week will be on Thurs. last week found me back at my starting weight for this challenge. I'm not sure I've lost any actual weight since then but my work pants are wanting my belt to go in another notch. meanwhile my tummy says "not so fast buster" :rotfl:

We've had a good week of incorporating more veggies into our dinners though so we've been somewhat successful.

On the heat side here, it is wicked hot. Got up to at least 101 at my house maybe a bit higher. Forecast is for 102 tomorrow:sad2: And I've decided to use the heat to pick up a Gatorade habit. Not only is my body rebelling against so much water, I'm not performing my best during my workouts. I had 1 on Sun. and found myself working out much better. Today I finished my ration of water and then worked out. Used the gatorade to recover from that.

Tomorrow I'm off and don't work again till next Sun. So I may have the gatorade before working out and seeing how that works for me on an off day.

I feel like I haven't responded much today. I've been busy and truthfully am not feeling great this evening. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. Of course we set a record high today so that isn't helping. In any event I'm going to post tomorrow's QOTD

Wednesday QOTD: What is your favorite Disney song? You know the one that plays and you can't help but think of your last Disney vacation.

For me it's acuma matada (sorry about the spelling :scared:) It brings me back to Animal Kingdom and the Lion King show :goodvibes
:lmao::lmao:

HAKUNA MATATA !!!

Thanks for thinking of me. My appt went well, I will still need to call in 2 weeks to get the results of my PAP. I'm used to it by now though, I'm ALMOST at the 4 year mark. :) I'm just glad the appt is over and I won't tell you all what I had at PF Changs. :rolleyes1

Had you on my mind today! Will be thinking of you over the next 2 weeks. How often do you have to get it checked?

Thank you! :goodvibes I am officially joined! :cool1:

- Bill

Welcome!!!!!!

Time for more water! Hope everyone is keeping hydrated!

I've had about a gallon today. Whew! You would think after a week at Disney I would be used to it, but it was too hot to run EARLY this morning!!

It has been sweltering hot here today. The air conditioning can barely keep the house cool. I spent the day packing the kids bags for the trip. I also pulled out a bunch of misc stuff to throw in a bag. I even took my middle son shopping as he had to have summer pjs. He is the only kid that has to wear pjs everynight :upsidedow I feel like I'm accomplishing something positive in this heat.

There must be a brutal heat wave across a large portion of the country. It's miserable!

Good Evening!

I had another great day today! I am hoping for a good weigh-in this week. I am on track so I'm optimistic. I decided to ask to be excused in light of my new diet. With Taryn's inspiration, I am going to share that I gained 5.5 pounds in about 2 days. I have lost some of it, but not all of it. I will be happy with being back to my starting weight for this challenge. :goodvibes

CC

With all the salt you have had to add, I'm sure that's why. Hopefully you can get a follow up appt. soon, and all will be well!!!

Well, I've had an exciting day - I became a GREAT AUNT!!! My nephew is only 5 years younger than me, my brothers are a lot older than I am. My nephew's wife gave birth at 9am to my first great-nephew! He weighed 6lbs, 7 oz.... he was few weeks early. We just got back from the hospital, he is sooo friggin cute!!!! I just had to cuddle and smell him!!!!!

Went to dinner afterwards, had a huge salad with not a lot of dressing, but too many rolls, so that cancelled that out!

DH is back to work tomorrow, kids are at their grandparents. Hoping to clean the carpets and maybe clean out their rooms before I retrieve them!

Wednesday QOTD: I guess my favorite song would be the Wishes soundtrack! Although, since our trip last week, DD2 has had me singing Zip A Dee Do Dah, since she since discovered Splash Mountain! And I LOVE the welcome song from Main St, and Almost There from Princess and the Frog. YEP! They're all tied up in WDW memories!

Have a great night everyone!
Taryn

Hi All, I was mostly a lurker in the last week, but wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. Seems like there have been some ups and downs in terms of weight..and I was in the up category last Friday unfortunately. My eating was baaaad last week, as I took the week off from work and hung around the house with DS...which led to eating out 6 times :scared1:. I think I was pretty bloated Friday morning with the fast food. Drank lots of water and got in a decent amount of exercise over the weekend, and my midweek weigh-in this morning had me down what I was up last week, plus a bit more! So, big lesson to myself, stay away from the fast food, regardless of how much DS wants it. Back to work today, which I never thought I would think was a good thing...but it means I am back on a regular eating schedule, with no time to run to one of the many eating places out there, so I am backing to planning meals ahead of time. That should get me back on track.

Have a great evening everyone!
Dahly

I just wanted to see if anyone else gains weight during ovulation. And if you do how much? My weight since I weighed in on Friday has been off the wall and for absolutely no reason other than ovulation time. It could also be the hot weather but I really don't feel swollen. I just wanted to see who else feels crappy around this time. I think my weight is up by like 3 - 4 lbs and I did not go overboard with my eating at all this weekend.

Had you on my mind today! Will be thinking of you over the next 2 weeks. How often do you have to get it checked?

At first I had to go every 3 months. Once I hit 3 years it was changed to every 6 months. When I hit the 5 year mark it'll be once a year...I can't wait for that!!:) Thanks for thinking of me and asking!!:hug:

Okay, I'm just squeaking in to get this posted on Tuesday (at least its still Tuesday where I am ;) ). Haven't read anything except the PM's, and I'm impressed with how many people are sticking it out and reporting in over a holiday weekend!
Its a little late, but Happy Canada Day & Happy Independence Day to all those who were celebrating :goodvibes

Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars.

Reminders:
-after 3 weeks of no reporting, you are dropped from the challenged – can re-start at any time, though :goodvibes
-if anybody knows they will miss weighing in, just PM and let me know and you’ll be marked excused :goodvibes

First some stats

MAINTAINERS:
(staying within 2 lbs of their maintain weight is successfully maintaining!)
# of Maintainers Reporting In & Successfully Maintaining: 3
(congrats PrincessBride6205 & Corrinak & 50sjayne!)

LOSERS:
Current Participants-------------82!
not reporting in for 1 week------ 16
not reporting in for 2 weeks------ 12
not reporting in for 3 weeks------ 7
Excused------------------------- 2
weigh ins----------------------- 45
gains---------------------------- 14
maintains------------------------ 5
losses-------------------------- 25
new members --------------- 1 (the more the merrier!)

Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 5!
This week’s group loss = 31.3 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost 0.39 %
:cool1:
Total group weight loss so far 324.0 pounds!
Let’s see how fast we can reach 500 pounds!
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: AWESOME!

Retention Rate (compared to the 78 weighins for our start weigh-in on May 28th)
(45+3+2)/ 78 = 60% :goodvibes (this includes the Losers and Maintainer and Excused people!)

Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference this is the magic percentage of weight lost formula - weight loss for the week divided by weight for last week times 100, that gives us the percentage. Now let me test that with my numbers for week 1, click, click, click goes the calculator. Yes, that agrees with the percentage on the magic spreadsheet. (btw if its been more than 1 week between weigh-ins, then the % loss is divided by the number of weeks, to keep everybody on the same basis)

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 5? This time I’ve done a TOP 10 LIST which is also everybody over 1% ! That criteria may change from week to week. Hey I'm in charge here and I get paid nothin' to do this so you better take what you can get!;);):rotfl: (and if there’s something you want to know, just ask me!)

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 5 Superstars!!
#10- 1.01% - mommyof2Pirates
#9- 1.06% - JOANNEL
#8- 1.18% - MJonesMBA2001
#7- 1.22% - A.Mickey
#6- 1.38% - aamomma
#5- 1.62% - jennz
#4- 2.19% - tigger813
#3- 2.43% - lovedvc
#2- 2.50% - my3princes

and now
The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 4 Biggest Loser!!

#1- 4.24% - Tricia1972

Quote from Dare2Dream: How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day!

Congratulations Tricia1972!!!
What a great week you had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser. Wear it with pride this week! :goodvibes:

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version

31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by

or we have a medium version

31040weeklyBLmed.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by

and we have a small version

31040weeklyBLsm.jpg

or use
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great! ::yes::

NOW FOR THOSE OF US WHO SET A GOAL FOR THE CHALLENGE!

NOTE: this list includes participants who have reported in within the last 3weeks, once someone misses 3 weigh-ins they are dropped from this report.
How this works: you set your goal for what to lose in the challenge. Then I calculate your weight loss in the challenge divided by your goal to get a % to goal.
Anybody can change their goal at anytime (or add a goal) – all you have to do is send me a PM.
Since the goals are an individual thing, the list is just in alphabetical order to make it easier for everybody to find their own name. If there are any questions or suggestions please let me know. :goodvibes

We have done 5 out of 13 weeks, so the challenge is 46% complete.
aamomma 25
bellaphia 15
bouldertcr -30
brinalyn530 1
buzz5985 12
carmiedog 31
cclovesdis 9
Connie96 70
Dahly 31
disneymom2one 63
flipflopmom 60
Graciesmom77 -23
happysmyly 2
Illini Disney Girl -13
Illini Disney Guy 14
jbm02 10
jenanderson 29
jennz 24
JOANNEL 88
keenercam 48
Kimkimba 3
Leleluvsdis 4
lisah0711 5
LMDisneygirl 28
lovedvc 107
LuvBaloo 9
maiziezoe 6
MinnieMouseMom 24
mommyof2Pirates 44
N&B'smom 10
NCRedding -5
njcarita 32
nunzia 8
OctoberBride03 -5
Piglet18 21
planaholic 11
redwalker 17
RENThead09 -5
Rose&Mike 43
sahbushka 10
sherry 4
tigger813 27
tiki23 43
Tinker'n'Fun 24
Tricia1972 54
Worfiedoodles 84
wtpclc 25

Great job to all of you who lost this week. Some have lost a little some others alot. Even those of you who gained this week. I feel we are all winners today whatevere the circumstances are because we are choosing to try to make our health better. Even if you didnt get the results you were striving for at least you tried and its better than not trying at all. Continue to make good choices and get your body moving and you will do it.
by mommyof2Pirates

Great job to all of you who lost this week. Some have lost a little some others alot. Even those of you who gained this week. I feel we are all winners today whatevere the circumstances are because we are choosing to try to make our health better. Even if you didnt get the results you were striving for at least you tried and its better than not trying at all. Continue to make good choices and get your body moving and you will do it.
by mommyof2Pirates
[/I]
This is so true. I love the quotes you put after your weekly weighin posts. They really are inspiring.

Congrats to all our biggest losers!!!!:cool1::cheer2::cool1:

I am determined to try and get healthy again as I am now at the heaviest I have ever been in my life. :( Is it too late to join this challenge?

- Bill
Welcome aboard!!

Hope you're feeling better soon, deb.
I love Kiss the Girl from little mermaid. I have a cd in my car called Country sings the best of Disney and it's on that. Close second is Some day my Prince will come. (still waiting for him):rotfl:

Did some wii fit this morning, and am now only 1.4 pounds above fridays weight. With the heat, it's so tempting to skip any exercise, but I'm really trying to focus and get back on track. If I don't go in work early tomorrow we will get out and run/walk in the am. I'm working 9-1 this morning and will pick up pizza for the kids on my way home, and I'm going to get a chicken kabob salad, half for lunch and half for supper.

Have a great day everyone!!:)

I just wanted to see if anyone else gains weight during ovulation. And if you do how much? .

I think someone did mention that one time, maybe pjilla? Hoping all returns to normal for you soon!:goodvibes

At first I had to go every 3 months. Once I hit 3 years it was changed to every 6 months. When I hit the 5 year mark it'll be once a year...I can't wait for that!!:) Thanks for thinking of me and asking!!:hug:

That's great! I know 5 years will be a huge milestone for you, and I'm sure those bi-yearly checks are stressful, but at the same time relieving,too. :hug:

Drank lots of water and got in a decent amount of exercise over the weekend, and my midweek weigh-in this morning had me down what I was up last week, plus a bit more! So, big lesson to myself, stay away from the fast food, regardless of how much DS wants it. Dahly

That's AWESOME that you got it off, plus some, so quickly! :yay:

Close second is Some day my Prince will come. (still waiting for him):rotfl:

He's out there, just hang in there. Maybe a new pair of shoes would be lifechanging for you, too. ;)

Morning everyone! No girls at home, sure is quiet! Just finished paying bills. :mad: I hate that! I have lots of money, for about 2 days until the bills are paid. But I am THANKFUL that I am able to pay them!

Thrilled that I am 1 pound from regaining... I mean getting (new start, Taryn) my 50lb clippie! With all the housework I plan to do today, and DH back at work, it should be easier. I swear that man adds so much weight to me! I eat a lot less when he's not around! I love him, though. :laughing:

Off with a trash bag to DD1's room while she is gone. UGH. I dread it. If you don't hear back from me by lunchtime, someone call EMS! Or Ghostbusters!

Have a great day!
Taryn

86 degrees at 6 am today!! Decided to stay in and do wii fit, I have been walking in the mornings, but not today!

QOTD-I have some disney music from the rides, splash mountain, and haunted mansion take me immediately to those rides.

This is going to sound weird because I don't even like Splash Mountain, but it's "Zippity Doo Dah". I think it's because I listen to DISradio most of the day, so I hear it over and over...the other one that just makes me happy is the theme to "Soarin", and of course "Beauty and the Beast". :lovestruc

I got in over an hour of brisk "office walking" before anyone else showed up today. Pesky co-workers! The guy who used to come in at 9:30 started showing up an hour early, which means the 1.5 hrs I had planned turned into 69 minutes. But, I am happy I got that in! I left my house before 7 so I would hopefully have time to move. Even with eating at the Cheesecake Factory yesterday I was down this morning, which made me happy. I did pretty well, I had unsweetened green iced tea, Vietnamese summer rolls (I only ate 2), a couple pieces of bread, and then...then I didn't do so well...I had a piece of raspberry lemon cheesecake. :eek: It was yummy, and I swear I sweated most of it off on the 1.5M walk back to the office in the middle of the 97 degree day... ::yes:: I had a salad with grilled chicken breast for my dinner, followed by angel food cake with strawberries. I was sound asleep by 9:30, I think the heat wore me out. :faint:

I have my usual menu today (plus one leftover summer roll), and we're having stir-fry grilled veggies and chicken for dinner, followed by more angel food cake and strawberries. I am hopeful for another loss tomorrow, particularly since tomorrow I can put in my contacts and run again! :yay:

Congrats to all our losers, maintainers and yes, especially the gainers! It's much harder to report a gain and keep going, summer heat is making everyone cranky and miserable -- just keep swimming :fish:, and remember to smile -- you will feel better! :goodvibes

I have to watch a 2-hr webinar now, so no time for individual replies -- everyone have a great Wednesday!

Maria :upsidedow

The pool is a big success with the kids of course! Had 4 of them splashing around yesterday for 3 1/2 hours!! Man, I was dripping sitting in the shade keeping an eye on the kids. They had a blast though!

My daughter went for a sleep-over at Nanna's last night, so my son had a friend sleep over. I would have thought between all the walking & swimming yesterday he would be exhausted, but no - 10pm at night he's lying in bed, playing his NDS while his friend sleeps. :rolleyes: Then they both woke up at 6am!!!!

The boys just finished watching some more Donald Duck short-clips and asked if they can go back in the pool. I told them in another hour.

Well, I've had an exciting day - I became a GREAT AUNT!!! My nephew is only 5 years younger than me, my brothers are a lot older than I am. My nephew's wife gave birth at 9am to my first great-nephew! He weighed 6lbs, 7 oz.... he was few weeks early. We just got back from the hospital, he is sooo friggin cute!!!! I just had to cuddle and smell him!!!!!

Congrats!!! Every time I see a baby I wish my kids were that size again.

We have done 5 out of 13 weeks, so the challenge is 46% complete.

Five weeks already? Wow, time moves fast! Any chance of finding out what my starting weight was? I forgot to write it down. :rolleyes: I know I have not lost much, but I'm curious what the difference is.

Hey guys! I still can't figure how to 'multi-quote'....I'm a little slow catching on. :)

This might have already been answered, but just in case - here you go.

At the bottom of a post, on the right hand side, there should be a button with the world "quote". Right beside that is another button with the symbols "+ on it.

If you are wanting to make multiple quotes - click on that "+ each time to "mark" a post as one that you want to quote. When you are ready to post your own message, just click the POST REPLY button at the end of the page and all the quotes will fill in. Then you sort of "clean" them up a bit and add your own text.

Hope this helps!

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Thoughts of cool air for all you folks in places where it is hot. :cool:

Congratulations to all our superstars and especially to our biggest loser, Tricia1972! :cool1: And congratulation to all of us who are sticking with this challenge even as the weather gets wicked hot and holidays roll around! We are all winners for sticking it out and working on our health goals!

Will we make it to 500 pound lost by the end of the challenge? :confused3 We still have quite a few weeks left but we are going to have to work hard to make that happen.

Hey guys! I still can't figure how to 'multi-quote'....I'm a little slow catching on.

At the bottom right hand corner of each post are a couple of boxes, one is Quote and another has a " and + on it. Click on the button with the " + on it for each post you want to quote, then hit reply. You have to be logged in to see the " + button. Each quote will show in the reply box -- make sure it starts with
and ends with [ / QUOTE ] (not spread out like this) or your quotes will look funny.

Hope that helps -- give it a try!

Well, if the race was productive, it was in the just-for-me category. You should have seen me when I finally got home that evening - sacked out on the couch right in the middle of DD and 2 nieces watching movies and having a grand ole time. :laughing: And, there are actually a few things still in my bag laying on the chest at the foot of my bed. I simply HATE unpacking. It's on my list of things to do when I get home today...

I definitely think things just for you are in the productive category -- who else can take care of all those people? If it makes you feel any better I still have three suitcases from our DL trip 10 days ago to finish unpacking -- I tell myself I am saving time since we need them in less than three weeks! ;)

Thanks for thinking of me. My appt went well, I will still need to call in 2 weeks to get the results of my PAP. I'm used to it by now though, I'm ALMOST at the 4 year mark. I'm just glad the appt is over and I won't tell you all what I had at PF Changs.

:hug:, Shelby. Sending good thoughts your way.

Thank you! I am officially joined! :cool1:

- Bill

Yep! :thumbsup2 Good luck!

DH and I just got back from the transfer station! Man, I feel sorry for anyone who lives down wind of that place! Man, worst smell!

My DH and I have romantic dates at the transfer station too. :rotfl:

It has been sweltering hot here today. The air conditioning can barely keep the house cool. I spent the day packing the kids bags for the trip. I also pulled out a bunch of misc stuff to throw in a bag. I even took my middle son shopping as he had to have summer pjs. He is the only kid that has to wear pjs everynight I feel like I'm accomplishing something positive in this heat.

Hope things cool down soon! :cool2:

I had another great day today! I can't wait to see if three's a charm tomorrow. It is supposed to be another hot day tomorrow so I will probably get in some more pool time. I "only" swam for 25 minutes today. Of course, I'm typing this outside and beginning to feel the heat and am debating whether or not to hit the water again. With tonight's swim, I got 70 minutes of exercise in for the day! I am hoping to do another 45 minutes on the Wii/balance board tomorrow morning as well. Thanks for thinking of me mikamah!

Go, CC, go! :cheer2:

Official weigh in this week will be on Thurs. last week found me back at my starting weight for this challenge. I'm not sure I've lost any actual weight since then but my work pants are wanting my belt to go in another notch. meanwhile my tummy says "not so fast buster"

We've had a good week of incorporating more veggies into our dinners though so we've been somewhat successful.

On the heat side here, it is wicked hot. Got up to at least 101 at my house maybe a bit higher. Forecast is for 102 tomorrow. And I've decided to use the heat to pick up a Gatorade habit. Not only is my body rebelling against so much water, I'm not performing my best during my workouts. I had 1 on Sun. and found myself working out much better. Today I finished my ration of water and then worked out. Used the gatorade to recover from that.

Tomorrow I'm off and don't work again till next Sun. So I may have the gatorade before working out and seeing how that works for me on an off day.

Keep cool and if you are at starting weight again, it means you haven't gained this summer. That is always a plus! :goodvibes

Awww, that new baby smell! :cloud9: Congratulations!

Hi All, I was mostly a lurker in the last week, but wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. Seems like there have been some ups and downs in terms of weight..and I was in the up category last Friday unfortunately. My eating was baaaad last week, as I took the week off from work and hung around the house with DS...which led to eating out 6 times :scared1:. I think I was pretty bloated Friday morning with the fast food. Drank lots of water and got in a decent amount of exercise over the weekend, and my midweek weigh-in this morning had me down what I was up last week, plus a bit more! So, big lesson to myself, stay away from the fast food, regardless of how much DS wants it. Back to work today, which I never thought I would think was a good thing...but it means I am back on a regular eating schedule, with no time to run to one of the many eating places out there, so I am backing to planning meals ahead of time. That should get me back on track.

Have a great evening everyone!
Dahly

Way to pick yourself up and get headed back in the right direction! :thumbsup2

I just wanted to see if anyone else gains weight during ovulation. And if you do how much? My weight since I weighed in on Friday has been off the wall and for absolutely no reason other than ovulation time. It could also be the hot weather but I really don't feel swollen. I just wanted to see who else feels crappy around this time. I think my weight is up by like 3 - 4 lbs and I did not go overboard with my eating at all this weekend.

Don't have anything to offer but a :hug:.

by mommyof2Pirates

I love this quote -- too bad that Lindsay is on vacation this week.

Close second is Some day my Prince will come. (still waiting for him):rotfl:

Meh, you just need a nice guy! :goodvibes I figure a Prince isn't going to replace the roll on the toilet paper or take the trash out for you. :laughing: You need a regular, nice guy for that sort of stuff.

86 degrees at 6 am today!! Decided to stay in and do wii fit, I have been walking in the mornings, but not today!

QOTD-I have some disney music from the rides, splash mountain, and haunted mansion take me immediately to those rides.

:thumbsup2 I never get tired of listening to Disney music.

This is going to sound weird because I don't even like Splash Mountain, but it's "Zippity Doo Dah". I think it's because I listen to DISradio most of the day, so I hear it over and over...the other one that just makes me happy is the theme to "Soarin", and of course "Beauty and the Beast". :lovestruc

::yes:: I call DisRadio the Splash channel sometimes -- they play it over and over. On Subsonic Radio they have a whole channel devoted to Soarin' as well as an instrumental station for those times it's not too good to have "Yo ho, yo ho" coming out of your speakers. ;)

Going to pick up my Mom and sister at the airport this afternoon for a little visit. DS is so excited he can hardly stand it and he just saw them both in December at WDW.

Have a great day all and stay cool!

Congrats Tricia. Great Job. That is a huge % weight loss for one week :cool1:

This is so true. I love the quotes you put after your weekly weighin posts. They really are inspiring.

Congrats to all our biggest losers!!!!:cool1::cheer2::cool1:

Welcome aboard!!

Hope you're feeling better soon, deb.
I love Kiss the Girl from little mermaid. I have a cd in my car called Country sings the best of Disney and it's on that. Close second is Some day my Prince will come. (still waiting for him):rotfl:

Did some wii fit this morning, and am now only 1.4 pounds above fridays weight. With the heat, it's so tempting to skip any exercise, but I'm really trying to focus and get back on track. If I don't go in work early tomorrow we will get out and run/walk in the am. I'm working 9-1 this morning and will pick up pizza for the kids on my way home, and I'm going to get a chicken kabob salad, half for lunch and half for supper.

Have a great day everyone!!:)

You're doing great. Stick with the exercise and food plan, you can do it :goodvibes

I think someone did mention that one time, maybe pjilla? Hoping all returns to normal for you soon!:goodvibes

That's great! I know 5 years will be a huge milestone for you, and I'm sure those bi-yearly checks are stressful, but at the same time relieving,too. :hug:

That's AWESOME that you got it off, plus some, so quickly! :yay:

He's out there, just hang in there. Maybe a new pair of shoes would be lifechanging for you, too. ;)

Morning everyone! No girls at home, sure is quiet! Just finished paying bills. :mad: I hate that! I have lots of money, for about 2 days until the bills are paid. But I am THANKFUL that I am able to pay them!

Thrilled that I am 1 pound from regaining... I mean getting (new start, Taryn) my 50lb clippie! With all the housework I plan to do today, and DH back at work, it should be easier. I swear that man adds so much weight to me! I eat a lot less when he's not around! I love him, though. :laughing:

Off with a trash bag to DD1's room while she is gone. UGH. I dread it. If you don't hear back from me by lunchtime, someone call EMS! Or Ghostbusters!

Have a great day!
Taryn

Housework is excellent exercise. You'll have that 50 lbs clippie again in no time. I'm hoping to get my 60 lb clippie back soon.:wizard:

I got in over an hour of brisk "office walking" before anyone else showed up today. Pesky co-workers! The guy who used to come in at 9:30 started showing up an hour early, which means the 1.5 hrs I had planned turned into 69 minutes. But, I am happy I got that in! I left my house before 7 so I would hopefully have time to move. Even with eating at the Cheesecake Factory yesterday I was down this morning, which made me happy. I did pretty well, I had unsweetened green iced tea, Vietnamese summer rolls (I only ate 2), a couple pieces of bread, and then...then I didn't do so well...I had a piece of raspberry lemon cheesecake. :eek: It was yummy, and I swear I sweated most of it off on the 1.5M walk back to the office in the middle of the 97 degree day... ::yes:: I had a salad with grilled chicken breast for my dinner, followed by angel food cake with strawberries. I was sound asleep by 9:30, I think the heat wore me out. :faint:

I have my usual menu today (plus one leftover summer roll), and we're having stir-fry grilled veggies and chicken for dinner, followed by more angel food cake and strawberries. I am hopeful for another loss tomorrow, particularly since tomorrow I can put in my contacts and run again! :yay:

Congrats to all our losers, maintainers and yes, especially the gainers! It's much harder to report a gain and keep going, summer heat is making everyone cranky and miserable -- just keep swimming :fish:, and remember to smile -- you will feel better! :goodvibes

I have to watch a 2-hr webinar now, so no time for individual replies -- everyone have a great Wednesday!

Maria :upsidedow

Isn't it awful how coworkers or work in general can impeded our exercise :lmao: Good for you for getting some in :cool1:

Another hot day here, probably a record breaker. We have a couple of errands to run then we'll hit the pool for awhile. I have to work tonight, but at least there is air conditioning.

Congrats to all the losers! Glad I finished 4th though i probably won't make it at all this week as I gained quite a bit on sunday and monday

Walked 5 miles so far today including almost a 1/2 mile jogging before it got too hot! Going to be walking another mile to the lake in 90 minutes for a playdate. My deck says 97 degrees and the weather station locally says 91. I'm grumpy and the kids are being impatient! It will be a quick trip to the lake if this keeps up.

Trying to think of ways to cool the house even more using curtains/blankets in the hallway/stairway. I'll have to run to the hardware store later to find one.

Time to make myself some lunch, probably just a smoothy and make the girls something. ALso want to make my coffee cake!

Stay cool and hydrated!

Oh, I love that CD! All those versions of the song are great! I used to have it, but then I lent it to someone and I can't remember who... suffice it to say that it was a long time ago. I think it is gone. Thanks for reminding me... I think I will have to find it somewhere again - maybe time to order it on amazon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter