Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week 5 COW Results

Please know that you do not have to participate but the COW is here to help you build good habits and have fun as you focus on your health and fitness for the challenge.

I also feel I need to state that please let me know if I make any mistakes. I am only human and it is a bunch of data to keep organized. :goodvibes I try my hardest to be sure I accurately record all the postings and PM messages.

Statistics:
We had 18 people try the COW this week.
12 people reported their points for Part I
12 people reported about fruits & veggies in Part II

Here are the top numbers for the COW

25 points
jbm02

26 points
connie96
keenercam
sherry
tigger813

27 points
Wofriedoodles

A big congratulations to everyone on the list and thanks to everyone who sent in their numbers!

New to the COW….PRIZES!
Now, I printed out all the names of those who participated and drew one name from Part 1 (reporting your points) and one name from Part 2 (chatting about your new exercise). If your name is selected as the winner for one of our prizes, please send me a PM with your address information so I can send your prize!

PART 1 WINNER = jbm02
PART 2 WINNER = tigger813

Again, congratulations to everyone who participated in the COW last week. I hope to have as many participants report in with both points and new nail polishes they tried out this week!

Stay tuned for the COW Week 7 information to be posted next!

Good morning everyone. Sorry I am late I slept a little later than I had planned to.

I am your coach for this week. Thank you my3princes for coaching last week.

My name is Dona. Yes one "n" because I am a twin and my sister's name is Dena. I am anAdvanced Placement Calculus teacher. I have been teaching for 33 years. I am married to my college sweetheart for 32 years. He is one of my best friends. We can talk about almost anything and since he also teaches we can bounce ideas off of each other. He teaches 7th grade math so we have different ends of the spectrum in terms of students. We have two sons ds1 is 25 and ds2 is 20. Ds1 still lives with us ever since he graduated college 2 years ago. He just got an official big boy job" in April. He doesn't like it because of the commute. When we told him he could get an apartment. His response was "I'd miss you guys" :sad2: Ds2 is at college. He loves it and is even living on campus this summer to work in the engineering department.

Question of the Day

This question comes from my husband. Several years ago we were in Epcot waiting for the boat to go to the far side of World Showcase. His question was put the parks in order of favorite. From favorite to least favorite

For me it was

MK
Epcot
DS
AK

HAve a nice day everyone.

Welcome to our Challenge of the Week (COW)!

Please know that you do not have to participate but the COW is here to help you build good habits and have fun as you focus on your health and fitness for the challenge.

It is summertime and that means it might be time to mix it up a bit with our Challenge of the Week (COW)! Here is how our new COW will work.

PART ONE:
The first part of the COW will be based off the wonderful work of Donac who taught me that if I do something for 30 days, it will become a habit. Each week I will post two to four habit suggestions for you and at the end of the week, you report your points to me.

NEW and EXCITING: If you report your points, you will be eligible for wonderful prizes! I will randomly select one person each week to win a fabulous prize (maybe not fabulous but it will at least be a bit fun)!

PART TWO: The second part of the COW will be a fun task for you to complete during the week and then post about your experience here on our thread. Again, there will be FUN and FABULOUS prizes (for one randomly selected poster each week).

COW 7

PART ONE
Spend 10 minutes on yourself (1 point for each day)
Eat 4 vegetables or fruits each day (1 point for each day)
Drink 6-8 oz of water each day (1 point for each day) ( 1 cup of coffee or tea counts)
Write 5 positive things about the day each night (1 point for each day)

**Thanks to cclovesdis for the great new COW idea for this week! :goodvibes

When you send me your points please post your total in your RE and then in the main part of the pm list your points as follows:

XX days of doing something for yourself
XX days of eating vegetables and fruit
XX days of drinking water
XX days of writing 5 positive things about the day

This challenge runs from Friday, July 9, 2010 to Thursday July 15, 2010. On Friday July 16, 2010 PM me your points for the week. The COW results will be posted the same day the weekly totals are posted.

PART TWO
We are often looking at what we have left to do in our weight loss journey or how much more we want to accomplish. It is really hard to sometimes stop and appreciate how far we have come or how we have accomplished something we never thought we would be able to do. This week is all about being positive! As a special prize for our COW this week, I have some GREAT Nike bags to add to our regular prizes (donated by RENThead09 - Thanks!). Lets keep it going with some extra motivation this week!

Part 2 of the COW this week is to share at least one thing you have accomplished on this journey. It could be the number on the scale, maybe it is the inches you have lost, how about sharing something you never thought you would be able to do or maybe it has to do with an improvement in your health. Feel free to share more then one thing...like I said, this week is all about positive feelings for what we are doing! :goodvibes

Great Job with week 6 of the COW! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sending your information...I hope you are enjoying the COW and enjoying a healthier you!

Keep up the great work!
Jen

Woohoo! I won a prize!!!!!

Bad week for me! I'm up 3.8:( Just got to work harder and not drink so much. I think some of it us muscle as I've been doing some extra work. Oh well, life goes on! One of these days I'll reach 50 pounds! I've still got 5 weeks until my birthday! 10 pounds is 5 weeks is doable especially if I step things up!!!!

Gotta go make my mom an egg!

Be back on later today!

Life has been crazy for a week, and the scale will be ugly tomorrow.

I left town last Wed and got back home about 11:30 Monday night. Had a great trip with lots of activity (walking/hiking :goodvibes). But we were so busy, there was too many fast food meals. I'm excited that I got a new pair of running shoes, but haven't made/found time to test them out yet. That will definitely happen soon, but not tomorrow.

Its ladies movie night tomorrow, as a group of ladies are going out for dinner and then to see the latest Twilight movie. Spent some time tonight tidying up, and still haven't finished unpacking. I've got a new babysitter coming to stay with my girls so I can leave before DH gets home, and hate to have a sitter in when the house is a pigsty, so getting my exercise doing housework.

I haven't been able to get on here and actually get caught up, but hopefully I can at least stay active moving forward.:goodvibes
Good for you, It's so hard when your busy to eat properly! I wish I had a miagic fairy that kept my fridge full of ready to eat, fresh, yummy salads :wizard:

Good morning everyone. Sorry I am late I slept a little later than I had planned to.

My name is Dona. Yes one "n" because I am a twin and my sister's name is Dena. I am anAdvanced Placement Calculus teacher. I have been teaching for 33 years. I am married to my college sweetheart for 32 years. He is one of my best friends. We can talk about almost anything and since he also teaches we can bounce ideas off of each other. He teaches 7th grade math so we have different ends of the spectrum in terms of students. We have two sons ds1 is 25 and ds2 is 20. Ds1 still lives with us ever since he graduated college 2 years ago. He just got an official big boy job" in April. He doesn't like it because of the commute. When we told him he could get an apartment. His response was "I'd miss you guys" :sad2: Ds2 is at college. He loves it and is even living on campus this summer to work in the engineering department.

Question of the Day

This question comes from my husband. Several years ago we were in Epcot waiting for the boat to go to the far side of World Showcase. His question was put the parks in order of favorite. From favorite to least favorite

For me it was

MK
Epcot
DS
AK

HAve a nice day everyone.

For me:
Hollywood
Epcot
MK
AK
:yay::yay: I can't wait to go back~

Bad week for me! I'm up 3.8:( Just got to work harder and not drink so much. I think some of it us muscle as I've been doing some extra work. Oh well, life goes on! One of these days I'll reach 50 pounds! I've still got 5 weeks until my birthday! 10 pounds is 5 weeks is doable especially if I step things up!!!!

Gotta go make my mom an egg!

Be back on later today!

I can't get the scale to budge either....not down anyway, 10 pounds in 5 weeks sounds doable, but it will be work! You can do it. I hope to do it with you! :banana::banana::banana:

Good morning all,

I am only down .5 but I will take it. Too many picnics last weekend- a choir pot luck Wednesday and Mexican with the girls last night. SO I am happy just not to have gained any.

Good luck all!!

jenanderson--welcome back and have fun at Mall of America!

Does anyone else have trouble taking vitamins?

Hi Rose! Thanks...had lots of fun at the MOA! I ended up getting a bunch of new clothes which was great. It was so fun to shop at some of the "trendy" stores and I ended up with 3 pair of jeans from Abercrombie and 2 sundresses from Gilly Hicks!

As for your vitamins...have you tried a different brand? I know that I used to have some problems but I switched the brand (now just the cheap generic ones from Sam's Club) and I am fine. Just a thought.

I ran 4M today and it felt great! It was way too hot, but I wasn't about to bag it as long as I've waited! I'm going to get up earlier tomorrow for 10M, so it will be cooler.

Great job on your run yesterday! Hope today's was cooler for you. I know I have to get out soon!

DD has been sick for a week now, her fever was up to 102 and today it's almost been normal. She's just got the plain old flu...moving on to the congestion/cough/runny nose part. I had to work a concert all day Tuesday and cried leaving her at home alone at 9:30. :( Fortunately dh came home at 2:30, and a friend of dd's came over before that and they watched the Tink movies.

Hope DD is feeling better soon!

I’ve always wanted to go to Mall of America. No one else understands why I would be willing to fly to another state to go to a mall. I always say, it’s not just a mall – they have a roller coaster inside :eek: !

The MOA is actually pretty close to where I live and we go all the time. We always laugh at people who come here just to go to the mall...especially if we see them taking photos in the mall! It is a pretty nice mall though and the amusement park portion of it is loads of fun.

The Bad News.....Despite some pretty decent effort on my part, I did have a big gain over the weekend (actually it was about a 5 day holiday for us).

The Good News.... I managed to keep up my exercise while I was gone and did a new "longest run" despite the heat and humidity.

I'm back now and back on track, both with eating and exercise.

I also tentatively agreed to run in my first race! A marathon relay in October. I told them I would do either a 3 mi, or 5 mi leg... but not the 6 mi. Just not feeling ready for THAT! It's not official yet, but I probably will do it.

Your long weekend sounded like mine...a weight gain from the week and yet still exercising. Glad to see that you are back on track now as well!

A first race...HOW EXCITING! I totally get you not wanting to do the longer leg of the race yet but I bet you are going to do great no matter what leg you end up with!

Hi everyone,
I haven't been completely MIA - at least I've continued to send my weight to Shannon and am hanging around in that nebulous, boring but pleasant "maintain zone." It's so silly, I know, but I do still miss the "thrill of losing" even after 6 months of maintaining. :sad2: Maintaining is great, but there's not as much excitement, that is for sure.

And that reminds me - just have to say something about working out in all this heat and humidity - it's dangerous out there in many parts of the country right now, so even if it is stating the obvious, I want to urge everyone to be careful in your outdoor workouts!! This is not the time to push the envelope. Make sure you have enough hydration and electrolytes to see you through, and if you start to feel bad, dizzy, tunnel vision etc., slow down, stop, find some shade or call someone to pick you up. Be smart out there and take good care. :grouphug:

I think it is great that you are so successful with maintaining...it is not an easy thing to do. I think the fact that it is not as exciting would make it harder to stay motivated and not gain the weight back. I am hoping when I reach the maintain point that I do as good as you do.

Thanks for the reminder about the heat and humidity. While it has not been real "hot" in MN, I have felt the humidity get to me a few times and have slowed some of my runs. I hate to slow down but I would rather be safe.

I just got my cow prize, and want to thank you sooooo much for it. It is awesome!! I put a magnet and a dead last finish sign on my fridge, and a sticker on my computer monitor. It is so sweet of you to do that, and it totally made my day. I had just picked up michael at my brothers and almost ate a twinkie, but thought better of it, and when I got home, I thought I"m so glad I didn't eat that, and saw your envelope with "have a magical day" and was so excited. Thank you so much. :hug:

Well, I just signed up for my second 5k this sunday!

Now as for part 2 of the cow- the disney princess is definintely my big motivator right now.

I am so excited that you liked your COW prizes! I have hoped that they would be just little bits of happiness for people and possibly help stop moments of twinkie weakness! :rotfl2:

I am also excited to see that you signed up for another race! WAY TO GO! You will be so ready for the Princess!!!

It's the night before vacation and I feel like a swollen tick right now. I know I've gained a few pounds this week probably due to my cycle, but this is ridiculous. I'm sitting here right now feeling like I've gained it all back and it's just gonna keep adding up over a 2 week vacation. I know it's not as bad as I'm thinking, but I have to try to get myself out of this funk.

I hope you have a great vacation! Focus on making the best choices you can while you are gone but also enjoy yourself! :hug:

Just wanted to say hi to you! Congrats on gettin back on track!

Hi! :wave2:

COW Part 2
I feel like I have lost my motivation this last few weeks. The summer is almost all planned out and there is no going away for me. Dh is going to the Boy Scout Jambo and Ds1 is going to DW with his gf. Ds2 is not going any where but I think he is planning to go away during winter break. No place for me to go. I know pity party but I am trying to get out of it.

I think as teachers, we look forward to our summer so much and that it can be easy to lose motivation when we are not getting away. I think you should find some FUN activities to put on the calendar and that might help you as well. I told DH I want to put some date nights on the calendar. We have decided that we are going to try to do some new things together...like golfing on night, going to the state park to hike (30 minutes from our house), etc. We are planning cheap, active and new things.

It's been fun coaching this week. I hope you all have amazing weigh ins tomorrow :wizard::wizard:

Thanks for coaching this past week! I loved all your Disney questions!

Life has been crazy for a week, and the scale will be ugly tomorrow.

Hope the scale was not too ugly. :goodvibes

Morning all! I get a 50 lb clippie, down 4 this week! :cool1::banana:

More drama in our house. DD's mouth has gotten out of control, sassy stuff. We've been on her so hard, and last night she really lost control. It was a nasty night. We took away her ipod touch, and I started looking through it. She's done some internet things we don't like, like getting a Twitter acct to keep up with Justin Biber, talking to people she doesn't know, and then befriending them. SHE EVEN SENT ONE A PICTURE! We really lost it. I found some internet scary stories to share with her today. I've preached this so much, but she just didn't get it. "Mom, I know she's a girl. She talks like one." She blew up over us looking through her messages "that's my private life" Uh. honey. You don't have a private life. Not anymore. Ipod is gone for a while, internet use will be restricted to the computer in the den and monitored, and her tv is gone. How am I going to make it through the teen years????????:scared1: Any BTDT advice?

YEAH! Great job on getting the 50 POUND clippie! You are always motivating me to do better!

As for your DD...more :hug:...the teen years are so hard. I don't have much advice, just the comment that we all need to work through it and it is so hard with all they have access to. I will say that my DD (now 14) is finally getting to the point where I really am liking her again! :rotfl: All of the testing the water and trying things out is so scary to me. We did have a big talk with DD at the start of the summer and I am really learning that "talks" not yelling is what works with mine. We sit down and really explain why we are upset, plus we give her a chance to talk...but she can only talk if she is not disrespectful. If the situation gets to the point where it is not a totally respectful and calm discussion, we stop. After many sessions like this, we are finally to the point where conflicts actually go smoothly and I feel like we are getting to the point where DD feels like talking with us works for her as well. It is not always perfect but it does help. Good Luck! :hug:

Now, for some more positive. Taryn started the morning off and congrats to you! I am going to add to her. I woke up this morning 7+ pounds lighter than yesterday. I am down 16.5 pounds for the week. I thought it was outrageous, too. I checked the Wii again and got a similar result the second time. My goal last week was not to be the biggest gainer followed by the biggest loser so I asked to be excused. I have a feeling I didn't achieve my goal. I am still down almost 10 pounds from my last reported weigh-in 2 weeks ago. As bizarre as this may sound, I think I wasn't eating enough salt. It's as if my body actually needs it to lose.

WOW! Great job with your weight loss! I am really proud of how hard you must be working!

Be back on later today!

Me too!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: ...and I never win ANYTHING!! LOLOL

Gosh, it's hard to put the parks in order. Here goes:

Studios
MK
AK
Epcot

..heat wave is supposed to kick here today. I hope so!! Have a great day everyone!!
Jude

Good Morning!

I had a rough week losing weight, but ended -3.6 for the week. It felt like it should be more, but lots of 4th of July festivities made losing more of a challenge. (Plus I did know that last week was a 'gift' week with all of that water weight)

Question of the Day
Put the parks in order of favorite. From favorite to least favorite:

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom

Thanks so much for coaching this week Dona!

:cool1: For being a COW prize winner!

Sorry you are up this week (I am as well). We will both just have to step things up and get going!

I can't get the scale to budge either....not down anyway, 10 pounds in 5 weeks sounds doable, but it will be work! You can do it. I hope to do it with you! :banana::banana::banana:

I hope to do it with both of you as well! We CAN do it...10 pounds in 5 weeks WILL happen! :thumbsup2

I am only down .5 but I will take it. Too many picnics last weekend- a choir pot luck Wednesday and Mexican with the girls last night. SO I am happy just not to have gained any.

Great job with your loss! Even though it is small...it is a loss and that is GREAT!

Question of the Day
This question comes from my husband. Several years ago we were in Epcot waiting for the boat to go to the far side of World Showcase. His question was put the parks in order of favorite. From favorite to least favorite.

MK
Studios
Epcot
AK

Alright, it is time to get my exercising done and report my weight for the week. It is going to be a gain but I am back on track so I am fine with that. All week I have been working to get totally back on track and yesterday was a 100% day for me...exercising, journaling, eating everything right, water, etc. I am feeling good!

Happy Friday everyone!
Jen

I'm down 1lb! It's my own fault though, I keep eating stuff I shouldn't. (banana spring rolls at PF Changs) :headache: (so good but so bad!!)

My goal is to lose 5lbs this week so I am going to be working my butt off!! (literally and figuratively) :p

QOTD: MK
Epcot
BB/TL
HS
AK

The last two are actually a tie, we spend very little time at those. We spend more time at the water parks than HS or AK.

QOTD:
EPCOT: Love to try the different foods and drinks
MK: Just seeing the castle brings tears to my eyes! It' only 4 months and 23 days away now!!!!!
AK: Love Everest and Nemo the Musical
HS: Not really a least favorite. Love ToT and RnRC and TSM. Especially love Osborne Lights at Christmas!

Hanging at work watching the desk. Got a slight headache this morning. Guess I'll have my soda now and some more Motrin.

(Anyone else do crazy numbers stuff like this?)

Oh, heavens yes! Excel is my friend. Or my enemy if you consider how much of my time it eats up when I'm "planning". And then, I just sit here and look at my plan as though it'll make the time go by faster and it'll help the end of the week, end of the month, end of the year get here faster and I'll miraculously be at my planned goal for that date. It's a sickness, really. :rolleyes:

My name is Dona. Yes one "n" because I am a twin and my sister's name is Dena.

And I know a "Dena" that's spelled "Denna". I'm guessing you had to correct everyone who ever read your name in print... :confused3

Question of the Day

This question comes from my husband. Several years ago we were in Epcot waiting for the boat to go to the far side of World Showcase. His question was put the parks in order of favorite. From favorite to least favorite.

Oh, great! Another impossible question. :confused:

Hmmm.... MK, Epcot, DHS, AK. But, that's only because you had a gun to my head. ;) I hate to put any of them at the end of the list.

Part 2 of the COW this week is to share at least one thing you have accomplished on this journey. It could be the number on the scale, maybe it is the inches you have lost, how about sharing something you never thought you would be able to do or maybe it has to do with an improvement in your health. Feel free to share more then one thing...like I said, this week is all about positive feelings for what we are doing! :goodvibes

Well, I did a 10K and ran the whole way. That is something that never even entered my mind before this year and to have started running again this year and to have stuck with it for 21 weeks now... That is one heck of a serious accomplishment for me because the longest I ever stuck with it before was about 12 weeks. And, I'm looking at attempting my first half-marathon this November. With the exception of a few months here and there over my life, I do believe I could hold the title for least athletic person on the planet - it feels so good to have left that person behind. :goodvibes

Although, I still struggle with not considering myself to be a "real" runner. Like, the hard-core runners are still crazy, and I'm still, I don't know, "just visiting", I guess? Maybe that's my next goal - to change my mind about how "real" my running is to me. I wonder if that could come with losing the next 10 pounds - like, maybe, seeing a more athletic body in the mirror will push me over the hump? (Maybe being able to buy "medium" running clothes instead of "large" would make it more real??) :confused3

Anyway, I guess I'm just working thru the mind games now. I am deeply proud of my running accomplishments. Thanks for asking! :laughing:

Congrats to all the losers! I didn't weigh yet although I'm pretty sure I'm down.

Thanks for the well wishes for dd. :hug: It's tough to be sick and miss a week of summer break! Especially since it seems to be getting shorter and shorter. Last night was an emotional one...dd (12) and I talked for 1 1/2 hours about "stuff" - puberty, school, friends, being afraid that when she grows up she won't be our "baby" anymore...a great but exhausting talk! Then she wanted to go to bed (avoidance anyone? :goodvibes) but I made her cuddle and watch Chicken Little with me, which was our original plan. DD told me that talking to me always helps her feel better - I felt fantastic after she said that! She told me that again today. :cloud9:

Taryn do you want some suggestions on books for your dd? If so, what does she like? Action, fantasy? DD's all time favorite is the Maximum Ride series. And congrats on your 50 pounds!!!:woohoo:

Three weeks ago, I pigged out all weekend :eek: and then was practically angelic :littleangel: during the week and had my best loss yet - even made the top 10 list that week. And... a pattern was born. Two weeks ago, I lost, but less than half of what I lost the week before. And this week... after gaining 4.4 between Friday and Monday, I have managed to eek out a -0.2 loss. Yes, it's still a loss, but I definitely could have done better than that. It's time to break this particularly crappy pattern of stuffing my face all weekend. I will admit that I do have one planned splurge for this weekend - my niece's birthday is Sunday and, I have every intention of enjoying a piece of cake and some ice cream. But, I will be keeping the rest of the weekend in check, so even if I do have a gain by Monday morning, it should be minimal and easily reversible.

QOTD-
Magic Kingdom
EPCOT
Studios
Animal Kingdom

COW Part 2-This challenge has made me get more exercise, I get out almost every day in the morning (except the day it was 86 degrees at 6am!), but I did do the WII fit that day. I feel a lot better and it is so much easier getting up hills. My dh and I are planning to join the Y so I can use it in the winter when it is dark when I start my day and dark when my work day is ended.

Lots to comment on here: 1. Have you mentioned what kind of surgery you are having? If so, I missed it. If not, and you don't plan to, tell me to shut up!
2. Hope DS gets well soon, and DD doesn't get sick!
3. I don't run when it's over 90, and have a hard time over 80!
4. By the way you commented on alcohol, just had to send a :hug: and a :thumbsup2

OK, I've got Big Brother on now. Haven't watched it in 9 years, I got sucked in when DD1 was 1, didn't like the cast the next year, so Ihaven't watched it since!

Let's hope this one goes through. HAve a good night everyone!
Taryn

1- I'm having an endometrial ablasion. It usually takes anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks to recover from but I am very anemic so my doctor said to plan on 4 weeks recovery. I'm giving myself two weeks. ;)

4- I don't drink because I have liver problems due to Lupus. Believe me, there are days when I wish I could toss back a Rolling Rock or two!! I count the years, weeks and days because I miss it. :)

I hope Lowie is feeling better today and Pi doesn't catch it! OOohhh..what about bottomless milkshake at Whispering Canyon Cafe....while it isn't very good for you, it sure tastes good! :rotfl2:

My personal preference is the Mangogingerita (at china pavilion) and the Tea cart during food and wine festival in England is awesome! I wish it was there year round.

I haven't had a milkshake from WCC. I was going to put WCC on our list of places to eat when we go in December but it didn't make the cut.

Morning all! I get a 50 lb clippie, down 4 this week! :cool1::banana: I am one pound from where I was on the last day of school, I've lost 7 of the WDW lbs. I have to average 2.5 loss a week to meet my goal for my birthday, so I am on track! If I sneak in an extra .5 somewhere in there, I'll end this challenge in the normal BMI category. (Anyone else do crazy numbers stuff like this?)

More drama in our house. DD's mouth has gotten out of control, sassy stuff. We've been on her so hard, and last night she really lost control. It was a nasty night. We took away her ipod touch, and I started looking through it. She's done some internet things we don't like, like getting a Twitter acct to keep up with Justin Biber, talking to people she doesn't know, and then befriending them. SHE EVEN SENT ONE A PICTURE! We really lost it. I found some internet scary stories to share with her today. I've preached this so much, but she just didn't get it. "Mom, I know she's a girl. She talks like one." She blew up over us looking through her messages "that's my private life" Uh. honey. You don't have a private life. Not anymore. Ipod is gone for a while, internet use will be restricted to the computer in the den and monitored, and her tv is gone. How am I going to make it through the teen years????????:scared1: Any BTDT advice?

Off to pm my weight, and get my clippie! :yay: Hope everyone has successes on the scale, and a happy TGIF!

Taryn!

Congrats on your clippie!! Fantastic!!! :cool1:

You did all the right things with your daughter. Especially sharing scary internet stories with her. Taking away her currency (the things she loves... iPod, tv, anything she loves) is what I do with all of my kids when they misbehave. You have to be strong and stand your ground. When my 13 year old daughter wanted a Facebook last year, I laid down the rules. She had to ask me before she became friends with ANYONE, she had to ask before posting pictures of herself, her pictures have to be private (friends only) and she had to give me her password. One day I noticed she became friends with someone without asking. It was her cousin. She knew it was really her cousin and I knew it was really her cousin but she added her without asking. So I logged into her FB and changed her password... for two weeks. She learned her lesson. ;)

Be strong and always stand your ground. That's what I do and so far, the tween and teen years have been pretty painless.

:hug: It's tough and it is only going to get tougher. :hug:

Flipflopmom- No scary stuff so far. Of course, I'm only chapter 7. Hope to read or listen to more of it later today! DD1 is enjoying it. She listens to it for a few minutes every night before she goes to sleep and it hasn't complained about it scary!

Congrats to all the losers! I didn't weigh yet although I'm pretty sure I'm down.

Thanks for the well wishes for dd. :hug: It's tough to be sick and miss a week of summer break! Especially since it seems to be getting shorter and shorter. Last night was an emotional one...dd (12) and I talked for 1 1/2 hours about "stuff" - puberty, school, friends, being afraid that when she grows up she won't be our "baby" anymore...a great but exhausting talk! Then she wanted to go to bed (avoidance anyone? :goodvibes) but I made her cuddle and watch Chicken Little with me, which was our original plan. DD told me that talking to me always helps her feel better - I felt fantastic after she said that! She told me that again today. :cloud9:

Taryn do you want some suggestions on books for your dd? If so, what does she like? Action, fantasy? DD's all time favorite is the Maximum Ride series. And congrats on your 50 pounds!!!:woohoo:

:hug: for you and :hug: for your DD. :hug: <--- and an extra one just 'cuz.

Down 1.8 this week. Not bad for getting almost no extra exercise in. I think that means I have learned how to eat the right way which will be good for the weeks after my surgery when I cannot work out. All is good!

Funny story... this morning I was weighing in and my 3 year old daughter was watching... after I weighed in I said, "Whooo, down 1.8 pounds, Piper!" and she said, "that's why daddy calls you smokin' hot!" I lol'd!

Question of the Day

MK
DHS and Epcot are a tie. I love them both the same.
AK (never been there... no plans on going anytime soon)

PART TWO
We are often looking at what we have left to do in our weight loss journey or how much more we want to accomplish. It is really hard to sometimes stop and appreciate how far we have come or how we have accomplished something we never thought we would be able to do. This week is all about being positive! As a special prize for our COW this week, I have some GREAT Nike bags to add to our regular prizes (donated by RENThead09 - Thanks!). Lets keep it going with some extra motivation this week!

I learned something in the past 3 weeks while my step-daughter was here. When she isn't here, we eat ultra-healthy. Lots of fish, hardly anything processed, lots of fruits and veggies, we only eat out once a week and we make healthy choices... however, my step-daughter doesn't eat like that. She eats TONS of processed foods... her favorite foods are hot dogs and chicken nuggets. She hates fish (we eat fish 2 or 3 nights a week).. to keep the peace in my house while my step-daughter was here (again... I feel like I work overtime keeping the peace), we ate a lot of things she likes to eat. I tried to keep our meals somewhat healthful, but it was difficult. I'm not a short order cook and refuse to make a healthy meal for my family and make something unhealthy and overly processed that she will eat... or make something she will eat and something healthy for myself. Not going to happen. Too many dishes to pre-wash before sticking them in the dishwasher (my least favorite household chore).

Back to the thing I learned... I learned to eat properly... I made good choices when the choices were sometimes not so good. I watched my portions. I made sure I ate well during the day and had smaller portions of the bad stuff at dinner time. I must have done something right, I was down 1.8 for the week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter