Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
QOTD- I am an only child. My dh is an only child so I dont even have a SIL or BIL either. No nieces or nephews. Just lots of cousins. I grew up with 3 older female cousins who have been like sisters to me. I guess that was better than nothing.

Its back to work for me today. Im really not looking forward to it. I guess once I get there I will get back into the swing of things.
Have a great day everyone!

My accomplishment is realizing that I my worst days now would have been my best days when I gained 50 pounds in about 10 months. It puts such a perspective on things. I could easily have eaten 50-100 points a meal, now 50 points over 3 meals/snacks is a bad day. No, I won't lose weight if I eat 50 points in a da, but I know how far I've came and that's the important part.
I try to remember this as well, especially when I'm not losing, and usually when I'm really bad, like you say 50 points a day, it's so much better than those days in the past. Awesome attitude, cc.

Quick morning hello. Michael's back to camp this week, and my mornings seem to be too short to get everything done and ready. Have a great day!!:)

OKay, this evening did not go as planned, but was still good.
DH went to his soccer game, and then phoned to ask me to come play as they needed another woman to play or they forfeit. So I grabbed some munchies for the girls and off we went. The kids had fun feeling grown up sitting on the sidelines without me being with them. DH's team knew I had no experience playing and were just happy to have another body out there, so I stayed back on defense and got some fresh air, and did a couple good moves and although I felt very self-conscious about being a poor player, I did okay for a first timer who was just a fill-in.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! :banana: Free exercise....it's so much easier that way.

This 'maintainer' buisness is driving me nuts! I weighed myself again this morning! Once again I have managed to maintain my weight....too bad I'm supposed to be losing. I Really need to execercise...time has been tight. Hopefully tonight after work. :rolleyes1
Hang in there everyone!!!

Good morning all!

Here we are in the dog days of summer -- hope that everyone stays cool today! :cool2:

Wow, I haven't been on here since last Friday. I had a great plan to be so productive this weekend, but then I stayed up too late Friday night and was just too tired to be anything but lazy and hungry. It wasn't a total loss, but my intentions had been so good that I was just ticked off that I didn't do more.

:wave2: Hi Connie! Sounds like you needed a quiet, restful week-end.

My accomplishment is that I’ve learned that I’m worth focusing on. I’m more than a mom, an employee, etc. I am valuable and deserve to be healthy and happy. I deserve to take the time to work out, even if it means DS has to get himself out of bed with the alarm clock in the morning. That doesn’t make me a bad mom – in fact, I’m teaching him valuable life skills while making myself a better person. I also learned that I was lying to myself when I used to say I was OK with being fat – I wasn’t and I’m not. Now I need to translate these mental accomplishments into physical accomplishments.

Of course you are worth focusing on more! :hug: Glad that DS is feeling better.

Ah, it was a sign from above, though if that mess of a cake was in front of me right now, I think I'd pull out a fork and dig in. I don't know why, but I've been searching the house for something to eat and nothing seems to satisfy me. I'm going to go cook supper soon and make a salad. You will always remember your 50th b-day cake and chuckle. I bet Robert thought it was hilarious.

Robert was freaked out about it at first because cake is a big deal at our house. When he saw we were laughing about it, he relaxed and laughed, too. He might have been more philosophical about it because he would not have had any since he doesn't like raspberry filling.

I wonder if you were extra hungry after your race Sunday?

Maria, :hug: I think you should plan some really good rewards for yourself anytime that you have to spend time with the IL. I am sure that some of it is their family dynamic and they think nothing of the comments that they make to you, even though they should just keep their mouths shut. You have the opposite thing going with your Dad -- he chooses not to say anything to be safe -- but at least he is considerate. Don't you kind of wonder what he is saying about you to the steps? :confused3 I think it all goes with what we were talking about yesterday. You have to only worry about what you think and feel and do what it takes to make you and your little family happy.

I can't wait to be on a more regular schedule--though I still am not sure what it's going to be. We have a staff retreat Thursday and I start training her on Monday. I'm a little nervous about training her because she was an administrative assistant for a Senator and I have a degree in social work and have been faking it as an administrative assistant.:lmao: This is what happens when you stay home with your kid--you start at the bottom again.:) Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to my new job. And our dvc points are in the system. We booked a room at SSR for the first night of our trip in October. We're waitlisted at BWV. Hopefully, since it's just for one night it will come through.

Hooray for a regular schedule! :yay: Don't worry about your replacement, she may have been faking it all along, too. ;) I'm sure that you are much more capable and qualified than you give yourself credit for. :hug:

Another lead in to a COW part 2...My accomplishment is realizing that I my worst days now would have been my best days when I gained 50 pounds in about 10 months. It puts such a perspective on things. I could easily have eaten 50-100 points a meal, now 50 points over 3 meals/snacks is a bad day. No, I won't lose weight if I eat 50 points in a da, but I know how far I've came and that's the important part.

:thumbsup2

Happy birthday, Lisa! :hug:

Did okay today! Had the soup & salad at Olive Garden and my dad was SO thrilled to get out of town for a while.

Tomorrow -- the goal is to catch up on the COW and get back into the groove of answering the QOTD.

Glad that you had a good time today, Marcia!

Today I am feeling very happy with myself as I logged EVERYTHING all week this week. I had been so sloppy about journaling lately and it felt really good to look in my journal and see how hard I have worked. It is nice to reflect on all my running, cross training and food choices. I did not make good choices all week but I logged it all and so I feel a lot of control as a result.

Glad that you are having a good week. It is important to keep that journal up -- it is so easy to underestimate your intake and overestimate the calories burned otherwise.

I think at the end of the day, we formed our first bonds with our parents, for good or bad. I can't relate, as I have a wonderful relationship with my Mom, and you all know how I feel about Daddy, but I just want to remind you that WHAT YOU THINK is what matters. Are you healthy? Uh. Yeah. Big time. So hang on to that, as the health aspect is what SHOULD be underlying all of our decisions. That being said, I know how hard emotions are to deal with, and THANK YOU for sharing with us!!:hug:

Well said, Taryn! :flower3:

OKay, this evening did not go as planned, but was still good. DH went to his soccer game, and then phoned to ask me to come play as they needed another woman to play or they forfeit. So I grabbed some munchies for the girls and off we went. The kids had fun feeling grown up sitting on the sidelines without me being with them. DH's team knew I had no experience playing and were just happy to have another body out there, so I stayed back on defense and got some fresh air, and did a couple good moves and although I felt very self-conscious about being a poor player, I did okay for a first timer who was just a fill-in.

Nice job being the fill in! :cool1:

Good morning I will post some comments later.

WE are going out today to check out a camper. WE are not going to buy the one we want we have never been in. We think we should check it out so we have to go to Pa to do it.

Question of the Day

How many brothers and sisters do you have?

In every family there is a responsible one and the one where everyone says "That's just so and so". Which are you?

Good luck with your camper shopping, dona.

I have one sister who is younger than me. I am the responsible one. She is the one where everyone says that is just her. She is single and has never worked full time. There is more to the story but it is a sore spot with me so I will skip it. :rolleyes1 I'm the lucky one because I have my wonderful family. :love:

QOTD- I am an only child. My dh is an only child so I dont even have a SIL or BIL either. No nieces or nephews. Just lots of cousins. I grew up with 3 older female cousins who have been like sisters to me. I guess that was better than nothing.

Its back to work for me today. Im really not looking forward to it. I guess once I get there I will get back into the swing of things.
Have a great day everyone!

My parents were both only children, too, Lindsay. They would say "you can pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives." Hope that you have a good day at work! :flower3:

This 'maintainer' buisness is driving me nuts! I weighed myself again this morning! Once again I have managed to maintain my weight....too bad I'm supposed to be losing. I Really need to execercise...time has been tight. Hopefully tonight after work. :rolleyes1

:hug:, pinkle, I know exactly how you feel. I maintained a whole challenge last year. That exercise is key to moving on down the line -- you can do it! :thumbsup2

We have another round of guests coming this week-end then a week to get ready for our vacation to Iowa. This summer is zooming by!

Have a great day!

QOTD- Tour-My husband and I did the Segway tour. He loved it, I fell during practice which made me skittish for the rest of the tour. I wish I had stopped before we went around EPCOT. My dh has done many segway tours in different places, I don't have any desire to do it again!

QOTD- I am the oldest of 4. I have 2 sisters and a "baby" brother. He will retire AirForce next year after 30 years of service. I am known as the "goodie" of the group, I guess that comes from being the oldest.

Thanks Taryn and Shannon.:goodvibes I feel funny posting it all sometimes, because everyone seems to be so close to their parents. But it is what it is. I'm feeling much better today, I think because I let myself deal with it rather than ignore it.

Shannon--very cool about playing soccer. I would not have had the nerve to do that. I am still way too self conscious.

Taryn--good luck keeping the kids quiet. And as for the running everyday--I have tried through the years to run everyday. And ended up with an injury everytime. I run 2 days a week. I do cardio 5-6 days a week, but the other days are crosstraining, mostly elliptical, some biking, occasionally step aerobics. I know that will be really hard for you, but just be careful if you try running everyday. Lots of bodies handle it no problem, but mine just didn't. I wish I could run everyday--such a feeling of calm when I finish a run. I can handle the daily exercise, just not the pounding from running everyday. Maybe try adding one day a week and see how it goes. What about step aerobics--I think they have dvds for that. I hope if you decide to try the running it works well.:goodvibes

Tracey--good luck with your busy day.:goodvibes

QOTD--I have 4 sisters. I am the oldest, and was always expected to be the responsible one. They all live on the east coast so I don't see them very often. We do not have a lot in common, but we try to keep in touch. I think it's harder when you don't have parents/ family gatherings to bring everyone together,especially when you don't live anywhere near each other. We're throwing around the idea of a girls trip to WDW next year.

Saw this Spark today and thought it was interesting.
http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?...t_tells_us_what_really_works_with_weight_loss

Have a good day everyone.:goodvibes

DH's team knew I had no experience playing and were just happy to have another body out there, so I stayed back on defense and got some fresh air, and did a couple good moves and although I felt very self-conscious about being a poor player, I did okay for a first timer who was just a fill-in.

Good for you!!! That actually sounds like fun!

Skipped my walk/run this morning. I've been awake off and on since 3 am worried that I'd oversleep and with weird dreams.

Must be something with the moon, we were all up and down all night, too!

Question of the DayHow many brothers and sisters do you have?In every family there is a responsible one and the one where everyone says "That's just so and so". Which are you?

Morning Dona! I have 2 older brothers. They were 14 and 17 when I was born, I was the OOOPS! Of the family. Of course, I am the baby, the princess of the family. ;) TBS, my oldest brother is....distant. He only lives an hour away, yet only comes "home" every 3 or 4 months. Doesn't always call on holidays. We blame it on my SIL, who rules him. Yet, he is very loving when he is here, and makes sweet comments on my facebook page. He has 4 unruly sons. My youngest older brother became a dad at 16, and a grandpa at 47 last week. He's great, lives a couple houses below mom, has a great marriage, very trustworthy and responsible. A true "success story" of young parents. As the only girl and baby, my parents "parent" me daily. That's how I got to be such a Daddy's girl. There was some jealousy from oldest brother and SIL as I did well in school, only one to get a college degree, it started again when I started grad school, only one to have girls, they all have boys. Kind of a princess monopoly going on with me.... Whew, that was long. Sorry.

You, too. Cardio truly is my secret to weight loss, it makes all the difference!

Thanks Taryn and Shannon.:goodvibes I feel funny posting it all sometimes, because everyone seems to be so close to their parents. But it is what it is. I'm feeling much better today, I think because I let myself deal with it rather than ignore it.

Taryn--good luck keeping the kids quiet. And as for the running everyday--I have tried through the years to run everyday. And ended up with an injury everytime. I run 2 days a week. I do cardio 5-6 days a week, but the other days are crosstraining, mostly elliptical, some biking, occasionally step aerobics. I know that will be really hard for you, but just be careful if you try running everyday. Lots of bodies handle it no problem, but mine just didn't. I can handle the daily exercise, just not the pounding from running everyday. What about step aerobics--I think they have dvds for that. I hope if you decide to try the running it works well.:goodvibes

Thanks Rose. Don't feel funny about posting your issues. They are yours, they make up who you are, and affect this journey we are all on together. I feel special that you share. And thanks for the running advice. My knees took a lot of hits as a teen, as well as my ankle. I have to really watch anything that torques them, as there is not a lot of cartilage left. Running does okay for the most part, except for sloped surfaces. I enjoyed zumba, but my knee started cruching after doing it a couple of times. It's all about modifying!!!!!

Morning everyone! We were all up and down all night, nightmares, pottying, don't know what was up. Got up and tried to work on my project, but couldn't focus enough. Just did level 2 of 30 day shred to get my mind cleared and HR up. I have to do a lot of modifying of the cardio, so I ended up jogging and sprinting through the house. :laughing: I hope I can get in another workout this evening, maybe my abs video and the arms part of NMTZ. DH is home, and snoring in the recliner. I may end up calling mom to see if the girlies can hang out there so I can get my project done later, my mind's just not on it now!!!

Have a great day!
Taryn

:bday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO jbm02! I hope you have a great day Jude!!! :bday:

Well, I was another person who was up EARLY. I felt horrible. I finally got up and took some motrin for my head, went back to sleep and now I feel so much better. I am annoyed though that I lost so much time this morning but there was no way I could have done things with how I felt.

My running goal this morning was 5 miles...then I thought maybe 9...then my head hurt so bad I went back to bed and now I am thinking a simple, relaxing run is all I am going to manage this morning. It is already hot out so I don't want to push it. I think I am going to run up to the store with the bakery and get my kids these incredible morning bun pastries they love and surprise them with a treat today.

DH picked vacation days for the summer so we are looking into going up to Storyland and the White Mountains for 2 days. Trying not to take time off from work this summer so we're planning it around that and before my birthday.

This sounds like it will be a fun little vacation for you guys!

At what point did you start running every day, or most every day? I have come to the conclusion that cardio is the only thing that really helps me, yes, I love the muscles in my arms now, and feel muscles under all the belly flab, but until I reach goal, I need daily cardio. I have several other options, but I'd rather be running!

From the time I started the C25K, I was out at least 3 days a week. On the weeks that challenged me, I did 4-5 days a week. Once we finished the C25K, DH and I were easily running 3-5 days a week. So much of it depends on our schedule and there have been weeks where because of different circumstances we did not get our runs in. The 6 weeks before our 1/2 marathon, we ran at least 4 days a week and tried to run 5-6. Then we all know that after the 1/2, I totally struggled to get back into it. Last week was the first week where I got 4 days in again and I should be good for 4 days this week as well. My overall running goal is the 4-5 days a week. There are times I feel the urge to run every day but I also know that I need to let my body rest.

DH went to his soccer game, and then phoned to ask me to come play as they needed another woman to play or they forfeit. So I grabbed some munchies for the girls and off we went. The kids had fun feeling grown up sitting on the sidelines without me being with them. DH's team knew I had no experience playing and were just happy to have another body out there, so I stayed back on defense and got some fresh air, and did a couple good moves and although I felt very self-conscious about being a poor player, I did okay for a first timer who was just a fill-in.

This sounds like it was a fun night for the whole family!

I feel like I could fall right back to sleep so I had better stand up before that happens.

This is TOTALLY how I felt this morning!

Question of the Day

In every family there is a responsible one and the one where everyone says "That's just so and so". Which are you?

I have 1 younger sister and no brothers. I am the serious, responsible, rule follower, slightly obsessive one of the family! :rotfl2:

Ooh...I am sorry for you. I was doing that for SO long. I am finally losing again but only a 1/2 pound a week and even that is a bit discouraging. Hang in there because at least you are not gaining and that is a positive thing.

We have another round of guests coming this week-end then a week to get ready for our vacation to Iowa. This summer is zooming by!

This summer is ZOOMING by! I wish it would slow down a little.

Thanks for sharing the article Rose. I scanned it and thought it sounded interesting. I will have to go back and read it carefully later today.

I may end up calling mom to see if the girlies can hang out there so I can get my project done later, my mind's just not on it now!!!

Taryn - I hope you can figure out how to have some quiet time to finish that project.

Alright, it is now 9 AM where I live and I still need to get out and run. Another day where there is so much to do and just so little time to get it all done. At least I am feeling better then when I got up today!

Have a good one everyone!
Jen

Good morning, all!

Question of the Day How many brothers and sisters do you have?

I have two younger sisters. We are fairly close in age (currently 36, 34 and 31). I won't even get into what's wrong with each of us - nobody really wants to read pages and pages of psychobabble. But, I can say that if I NEEDED anything, either of them would step up. (Although, at least with the youngest, reciprocation would be "expected".) Oh, I should also mention that the three of us and our parents all live within a 1 mile radius. Which is probably why I'm so familiar with exactly what's wrong with each of us. :rotfl:

Good morning I will post some comments later.

WE are going out today to check out a camper. WE are not going to buy the one we want we have never been in. We think we should check it out so we have to go to Pa to do it.

Question of the Day

I have one brother and he is 4 years younger than me. We are equally responsible. Went to the same college with the same major, live next door to each other, take care of each other's kids, you get the idea.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! :thumbsup2
This board is great!!!!

QOTD: I am an only child, DH is the youngest of 3.
My mother died when I was in my early 30's, it was very hard because no really knew what it was like...no siblings to talk about the good 'ole days with. My father and I are very close. He is an excellent grampa to my 2 teenage boys.
Being any 'only' does have its perks....I was really spoiled and loved!!!!
:lovestruc

Question of the Day

I have to make this one complicated. :teeth: I grew up with one sister, 3 years younger than me. She and I were adopted.

I also have 8 biological brothers and sisters. :scared1: Four sisters and four brothers (one of the sisters is a half sister and one of the brothers is a half brother). My bio mom had four kids with her husband, then had one in an affair, then went back to him and had me but gave me up for adoption, then had another child in another affair, then went back to her husband and had two more.

Ay yi yi. I'm so glad I didn't grow up in that mess. My life was bad enough!

A little of both. When we were younger, I was the black sheep and then as an adult I'm more of the responsible one.

But compared to my bio siblings, I've always been the responsible one.

:bday:party: jbm02!

Thanks jenanderson for "spilling the beans" and not letting Jude have a stealth birthday! :thumbsup2

I show our next birthday is 8/13 for tigger813's big 4-0 -- anyone else having a birthday between now and then? You can tell us . . . ;)

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I think I will catch up on a couple of QOTD - my summer is completely all over the place.

7/11 Sunday QOTD: What is the one thing that has helped you to eat healthier? Was it an inspiration such as WW or did something happen to make you eat healthier?

I was a few months into my loss when I went to Massachusetts and spent some time with my friend Jess - she was into the Eat-Clean stuff and got me thinking along the lines of choosing foods that will build my body instead of choosing foods because they are a moment of fun.

7/12 Monday QOTD: Have you ever done a special tour at Disney World? If so, what was it and what was it like?

I haven't, but I've always wanted to.

7/13 Tuesday QOTD: How many brothers and sisters do you have? In every family there is a responsible one and the one where everyone says, "That's just so and so." Which are you?

I'm complicated as well. Short answer: I am the oldest, I have a sister who is 2 years younger and lives in Las Vegas and a brother who is 6 years younger and lives in New Hampshire. We get along great now!

Additionally...I have two step-sisters from my dad's third (and current) marriage. They think we don't need the "step" but we did not grow up together and I have a sister, so I do feel the "step" is valid. It's awkward when my step-mom introduces me as her daughter. I met a woman this spring who referred to her children's "bonus" dad, and I think I may adopt that terminology. It does sound more pleasant than "step!"

Happy Birthday, Jude!

QOTD: I have one older sister and one older brother. I'm the goody two shoes, baby sister. I don't like conflict so I keep my mouth shut.

Took Mom to the doctor and for an ultrasound and everything looked normal. She's off to get a knee brace. Supposed to take the alleve for at least a week and do it consistently.

Not doing well today. I had to get something from the Italian place next door for lunch after work and then I just ate a small bag of potato chips and a handful of M&Ms. I haven't worked out yet today either. Still feeling tired and I really need to get some work done around here today but just not motivated.

Supposed to have bad weather later today and into tomorrow morning so I probably won't get my walk in tomorrow morning.

Off to get DD1 at soccer in about an hour and also visit the transfer station.

Time to look up more info for our weekend get away next month. Also need to get planning for my b'day [arty.

Question of the Day Tuesday - How many brothers and sisters do you have? In every family there is a responsible one and the one where everyone says "That's just so and so". Which are you?
I have one brother who is ten and a half years younger than me. I call him “the accident” :lmao:! Anyways, I bet you all can guess that I’m the more responsible one, although he is very financially savvy which I admire.

Shannon – I’m definitely impressed that you filled in at soccer! Soccer is one sport I was never any good at, apparently I have very poor foot-eye coordination :rolleyes:!

Bree, oh dear Bree! ;) First, glad Jillian is kicking your butt and you are living to tell about it! Those DVDs are TOUGH! You'll see results SOON if you stick with it, my arms have muscles from NMTZ for the first time in a long time! Second, I haven't watched any of the movies. I have a hard time watching movies from books I love, they never live up! Next, your tour sounds like a lot of fun, and possibly one we could do in a few years. And so sorry you got bored for a few minutes! Glad you are on a roll, lady! AND not only are you teaching your son life skills like getting up, but you are also teaching him the importance of exercise! Taryn
:laughing: Thank you! Yes, she’s continuing to torture me – I was so sore yesterday it hurt to breathe! It’s a little better today, but not much. I’m consistently disappointed in movies made from books I’ve read, I don’t know why I keep torturing myself by watching them! The best I think have been the Harry Potters, they are enjoyable and close enough to the books that things don’t immediately jump out at me (usually), but the absolute worst so far has been the Percy Jackson movie – they changed the whole friggin’ plot :mad:! The ones I have managed to stay away from completely are the John Grisham ones (there were a few but I can’t remember any of them right now) and the DaVinci Code (which reminds me that I still haven’t read Angels and Demons, I better write that down before I forget again!). I definitely think your family will enjoy that tour – at least as long as your guide is as engaging as ours was, he really made sure each of us was involved and that the kids had a great time. I hope someday DS will appreciate all this stuff I’m teaching him :rotfl2: !

Kind of a princess monopoly going on with me....
Taryn
This made me giggle princess:!

Jude – Happy Birthday!

I am the serious, responsible, rule follower, slightly obsessive one of the family! :rotfl2: Jen
That sounds really familiar ;) !

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! :thumbsup2
This board is great!!!!

ITA with the first part, thank you all! And let me just say that it didn’t take long for me to wish I was still an only once my brother came along (although we do get along well now that we’re both “grown ups”)!

I met a woman this spring who referred to her children's "bonus" dad, and I think I may adopt that terminology. It does sound more pleasant than "step!"
I like that idea… I’m going to file that one for future reference.

I've been pretty good since Saturday, even though it was a Burger King night last night since I had to drive all over the county. I stuck with the Whopper Jr. and some fries - not too bad on the calories for the day since I had only had my Kashi cereal for breakfast and a turkey sandwich for lunch because we were completely out of food at my house! I got the shopping done last night and stocked up on the fruits and veggies, but then my friend texted me and I was distracted with him for a while and didn't get to wash and prep anything - oh well. My plan for this evening is to pick up DS from my mom's house (again - kid still has a fever, that can't be normal, he's been on antibiotics for four days now :confused: but the doc says just to keep an eye on him until Friday and then bring him back if he still has a fever, anyways...) then come home and have soup for dinner, empty the dishwasher, wash and prep the produce, then get the heck to bed on time! As much as I loved catching up with my friend, I need my sleep! Especially since Jillian is beating me to death every morning ;) !

My boss is off this week so it's been especially boring here. But, I should at least try to find something productive to do... I might be back if I can't find anything :rolleyes1.

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Bree

OKay, this evening did not go as planned, but was still good.

Good for you. What a great wife you are to fill in at a sport you never even played before. Im sure your dh really appreciated you doing that!

QOTD: I am an only child, DH is the youngest of 3.
My mother died when I was in my early 30's, it was very hard because no really knew what it was like...no siblings to talk about the good 'ole days with. My father and I are very close. He is an excellent grampa to my 2 teenage boys.

Im so sorry that you lost your mom. I would be so devestated. Being an only child I feel like she is the only one I can truly open up to and who knows always what to say or do to help me. Im sure it was so hard for you not having anyone to talk to. Im glad your dad and you are close and that he can be there for your kiddos.:hug: I did/do enjoy being spoiled too. My parents still spoil me every now and then.:laughing: although my kids get most of it now which is ok with me!

Good morning, all!

I have two younger sisters. We are fairly close in age (currently 36, 34 and 31). I won't even get into what's wrong with each of us - nobody really wants to read pages and pages of psychobabble. But, I can say that if I NEEDED anything, either of them would step up. (Although, at least with the youngest, reciprocation would be "expected".) Oh, I should also mention that the three of us and our parents all live within a 1 mile radius. Which is probably why I'm so familiar with exactly what's wrong with each of us. :rotfl:

My cousins who are like my sisters all live within 10miles of me. We gather every sunday with our kids at my nana's house. Its fun to have family close but it also can get on your nerves too. I think out of all of them I am the least dysfunctional but Im sure they have stuff to say about me too. I guess thats what happens when your so close.:laughing:

I have one brother and he is 4 years younger than me. We are equally responsible. Went to the same college with the same major, live next door to each other, take care of each other's kids, you get the idea.

Thats so nice that you have a close relationship with your brother. Your story is the stuff I feel I missed out on being an only child, although you are never gauranteed this kind of relationship with your sibiling its what I really envy about having a brother or sister.

:hug: I hope it all works out. There is a part of me that says to put a little guilt on your mom, how much you were looking forward to spending that time with just her, but I guess that's the immature part of me, or the part that wishes my mom was still around, or the disappointed dis-ser looking forward to meeting you. Either way, I'm a little crazy, but I hope you and your mom will be able to work it all out. Good luck.
:hug: We all want our parents to love us and accept us for what we are. I remember when I had lost 40 pounds, and I waited for my mom to compliment me, and she finally did when my sil prompted her, and I know she was proud of me, but we didn't always share our thoughts as well as we could have. It's tough. Mom's are tough. I try so hard to keep the communication open with my son too. So, no advice, just some hugs for you.:hug::hug:

Good advice for all of us here. Thanks Lindsay.

Yes kathy the "spoiled brat" only child syndrome does want to peek out and throw a tantrum but I figured since Im 31 it might look a little ridiculous:lmao: I know if my mom can do it we will, she wants to go as much as I do. She does this alot with vacations, I think she gets scared of spending money on trips. My parents have helped me out alot over the past few years when my husband changed jobs and took a pay cut and then the cost of daycare went sky high. They are always there for me and I dont want to make her feel bad if she truly does not want to do it. We will see what happens. Im going to talk to her about it in the next few weeks, since we originally planned to book once the 2011 prices come out. I am still hoping she will agree to go but if not its ok. I will be sad to miss getting to meet all of you princess's that will be there. If god would just answer my prayers of winning the lottery it would be all good.:lmao:

GOOD NEWS!!!! I weighed in today at work and I am only up .8lb from before I went on vacation. Not as bad as I thought. My home scale even went down today too. It must of been alot of water weight. I am hoping to get rid of the .8 by the end of the week and continue on my journey of being a loser!

Hello Everyone! I thought I would check in quickly before I head off to WW...

I had a great morning but it was not as planned. I was going to run to the store to surprise the kids with some pastries this morning but they got up before I could leave so we decided to bike to get pastries (I did not have one) and then bike to Target to do our weekly shopping (great plan because only so much can fit on my bike - this limited any "extras" from ending up in our cart). We had a great time together and the 6 miles of biking was a nice change of pace.

I have decided that I am going to run to my WW meeting though. I think it will be about 3 miles there and then 3 miles home.

Oh, I should also mention that the three of us and our parents all live within a 1 mile radius. Which is probably why I'm so familiar with exactly what's wrong with each of us. :rotfl:

I am always amazed when families end up living so close to one another when the kids grow up. I bet in some ways it is really great and I would imagine others...not so much! :goodvibes I would love to be a bit closer to both my mom (a bit over an hour away) and my sister (5 1/2 hours away).

:hug: I am sorry about your mom. That must have been hard for you. It is nice that your dad and you are close.

Took Mom to the doctor and for an ultrasound and everything looked normal. She's off to get a knee brace. Supposed to take the alleve for at least a week and do it consistently.

Great news about your mom! :thumbsup2

GOOD NEWS!!!! I weighed in today at work and I am only up .8lb from before I went on vacation. Not as bad as I thought. My home scale even went down today too. It must of been alot of water weight. I am hoping to get rid of the .8 by the end of the week and continue on my journey of being a loser!

:cool1: This is super! You have obviously worked very hard this week to get back on track. Great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter