• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~Between these two Hotels..HELP!

disneylandette

Mouseketeer
Ok so after reading, researching, reading, & researching my head is going to exploded,lol!! :headache: I am finally just going to decide in between Carousel Inn & Park Vue Inn. It will be my husband, My almost 5yr old son, & I. Please help me decided in between these two. Are the beds pillow top and comfy, is the room enough space for the 3 of us ect.... Let me know about your stay at either one & your thoughts :)

Than You :)

I would choose Park Vue. It's closer, has better customer service and has a Coldstone Creamery ice cream attached!!! Plus they have a "happy hour" snack offering every evening. :thumbsup2

I just checked both and the Park Vue Inn is $100 plus a little more...is it really that worth it compared to Carousel??? :confused:

Ok here is what I came up with, what are your thoughts!

Park Vue Inn:
2q beds
1st night $129
2nd $139
3rd $139
4th $139
= $546.00 + 17% tax + $2 per night resort fee (what I am figuring) total $638.82

Or

Carousel Inn
2q beds Tower 2
1st night $87.20
2nd $87.20
3rd $87.20
4th $87.20
= $348.00 + 59.30 tax + 9.20 (4) night resort fee Total $417.30

So with that said is it REALLY worth us spending an extra $200 to stay at Park Vue Inn?? PLEASE help me!!!

:confused3

don't forget to add parking fee for Carousel- to me- nope its not worth it- to others it is- they will bribe you with the fruit basket and wine/juice.... free cookies and water in the lobby- hot breakfast and a few eve snacks- have no idea what time they serve that- prolly 4-6? Sure its right across the street-but really wouldn't take to long to get to the other hotel- prolly 4 min extra walk... its on the same side of the street- never stayed there- but I have stayed at Park Vue- once- i hated it.... the room smelled and the carpets were dirty and the floor plan was just off for some reason... but I have heard they recently renovated! New carpets and new bedding- not sure if they upgraded to pillow top... prolly not... but only you can pick the one right for your family! Good Luck!

come to think of it- Park Vue isnt that bad I suppose- The main problem I have - they have no elevators- and to be honest- it is not fair to those who need a elevator- they specialize or atleast advertise in the breakfast and the eve special- not a bad thing at all- but heck its all on the top floor- so many families can and do sometimes have issues transporting up to a top floor without an elevator- it is not fair that half the family can not eat together because of a lack of an elevator... children, elders ... etc... can not climb a flight of stairs if there is health issues... single parents put on the second floor with young kids.... with strollers... :headache: I suppose that is my main issue... and if they can not accommodate every single guest then why bother? plus it would cost you an extra $200? save it and spend it on a character breakfast or balloons! :lmao: And I know many motels in the area lack elevators- but atleast make all services ground level for all guests to enjoy together'... just saying....

kinda feels like that could be some sort of a lawsuit- .....no elevators- cant get to eat ....I mean seriously the more I think about it the madder I feel.... why cant they put it all ground level if they do not want to install an elevator... any lawyers out there? :lmao:

A $200 difference for the same room type is quite a bit. I would go with the Carousel and spend the extra money on fun meals and souveniers.

We have no car so that is not a problem or issue (flying in and taking a taxi/shuttle to hotel)! I really want a CLEAN, close, not to expensive, free food is a plus but not a total deal breaker, comfy clean place to lay our heads at night as Disneyland is our mane focus! ;)

When I was comparing the Park Vue and Carousel, I added in the parking fee (which you are lucky not to have!) and the wi-fi fee, ($9.95/day) which put the Park Vue $20 ahead total. The "light dinner" or "social hour" or whatever you want to call it sounds like it will fit well with how our family toured the parks last trip, so the that pushed us towards the Park Vue. Our friends loved their time at the Carousel though, so if it were cheaper after all those fees, we probably would have gone with that.

Dont count on good wifi at the PVI if that is important to you while you are there. Spotty at best.

kinda feels like that could be some sort of a lawsuit- .....no elevators- cant get to eat ....I mean seriously the more I think about it the madder I feel.... why cant they put it all ground level if they do not want to install an elevator... any lawyers out there? :lmao:

ADA laws haven't existed forever, this is why it doesn't have elevators.

They do offer to bring food to guests in the HCA rooms.

If you have a child in a stroller, you can take them out of the stroller for breakfast of dinner. It's a pain and I'm sure when it's full many guests who are eating and going strait to the parks are stuck in this situation.

We stayed at the Park Vue in March. We had a suite with two queen beds and a table in one room and a kitchen with a stove, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, dishes, etc. The room we had was clean, comfortable, and had plenty of space. They delivered a welcome basket full of fruit, water, and wine. We were there the week between my two kids birthdays - which my kids mentioned when we checked in. Later that night, we found two gift bags filled with goodies (age appropriate and probably valued at $20/each) with birthday balloons tied to the bags. They have a breakfast with cereal, bagels, donuts, eggs, bacon, waffles, etc. They have snacks and drinks in the lobby. They also offer a light dinner but we never came back for it so I can't offer you a description. The location is fabulous! You walk out the front door of the lobby and you are at the cross walk. We asked for a park view and we were able to watch the fireworks while sitting on the bed (our room was on the 2nd floor). We stayed at the Grand California last time but it was REALLY expensive this time so we chose the Park Vue because of the location and the great reviews on Tripadvisor. Our first choice is the Grand CA because we love staying onsite, but this will be our backup place to stay!!

Thanks for all the input...keep it coming!
Lavender Mom the more I think about it the more the food is becoming not as important to me ( I only have one little mouth to feed besides my husband and I) plus at the rate I saw I could add in wi-fi and it still would be a lot cheaper,lol. But I even thought I am not sure how important that is to me either...maybe a little more than I like to admit ;) To me being close and affordable and CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter