• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beyond Big Thunder

Captain UP

Mouseketeer
Okay, everybody! Let's go! What do we think? What do we want to see???

Factually, all we know (I think) is:

- This is now a confirmed project.
- The size will be comparable to Galaxy's Edge.
- There are several potential themes none of which have been confirmed.

So what else are we thinking?

What are the potential themes? Can we speculate on themes that we would like to have?

Agreed with Encanto all but confirmed for AK I don't see it going here. Given the potential for a land and how much they could do with it, I would love for it to be all dedicated to villains to allow the most use of it, versus just getting one or two attractions. A full Fantasyland style Dark Kingdom would be great. If they go with IP based stuff I'd like to see them focus more on things that could work for a Frontierland theme more, such as Coco, and make it more of an expansion/replacement to it. Then could convert the area between Liberty Square and Tiana's into a full New Orleans street theme and then Big Thunder and the new area as a new Frontierland.

Agreed with Encanto all but confirmed for AK I don't see it going here. Given the potential for a land and how much they could do with it, I would love for it to be all dedicated to villains to allow the most use of it, versus just getting one or two attractions. A full Fantasyland style Dark Kingdom would be great. If they go with IP based stuff I'd like to see them focus more on things that could work for a Frontierland theme more, such as Coco, and make it more of an expansion/replacement to it. Then could convert the area between Liberty Square and Tiana's into a full New Orleans street theme and then Big Thunder and the new area as a new Frontierland.
The land should be called “the other side”, it’ll be semi close to Tiana so I think it would be a fun connection.

The other side should have a Maleficent castle or Pride rock from Scars reign as the “focal point”. Incorporate the classic Disney Villains into the land and it could be excellent and add more balance to Magic Kingdom. Plus, it could add some experiences during Mickey not so scary Halloween event.

The land should be called “the other side”, it’ll be semi close to Tiana so I think it would be a fun connection.

The other side should have a Maleficent castle or Pride rock from Scars reign as the “focal point”. Incorporate the classic Disney Villains into the land and it could be excellent and add more balance to Magic Kingdom. Plus, it could add some experiences during Mickey not so scary Halloween event.
I think Malificent's castle would be perfect as the focal point of the area so it could really be more of a dark mirror of Fantasyland and Cinderella's castle. Thematically it would fit well too with it being on the other side of Big Thunder Mountain and the rivers it is separated and kind of off on its own, so visually would feel separated and perfect home for "banished" villains. It would be perfect land for a large focus during Not-So-Scary as well.

I would love it if they don't focus on a specific franchise for a land, i.e. toy story, Frozen, etc. and give it more of a theme.

I am thinking is that they will do two lands for this area. A villains land feels like it has momentum with the blue sky concepts and is something a lot of people would like.

My other land I would love to see is a Pixar land would be similar to the tropical Americas theme in that the land flows together but it would include a few franchises. I would give it a downtown feel so that it would be easy to flow from one franchise city to the next and utilize Incredibles, Monsters Inc and Elemental. I don't know how unique they want to make things but the Monsters Inc ride from Tokyo would be a good clone ride, should they want to include a clone ride.

Cars Land.

It will naturally fit in with and extend the physical attractiveness of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

It is set in the West.

TWDC already built Cars Land in DCA so it has all of the plans and blueprints and kinks worked out. This makes it cheaper to budget and build.

Finally, Cars Land is cool.

Cars Land.

It will naturally fit in with and extend the physical attractiveness of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

It is set in the West.

TWDC already built Cars Land in DCA so it has all of the plans and blueprints and kinks worked out. This makes it cheaper to budget and build.

Cars Land is VERY cool. But I'd recommend a different main attraction, since the one at DL is pretty much the same as Test Track.

The Alaskan Frontier with a Denali themed ride (although this might be redundant since it's near BTM) as the biggest attraction. That way the already present western frontier would flow into the northwestern frontier.

Cars Land is VERY cool. But I'd recommend a different main attraction, since the one at DL is pretty much the same as Test Track.
Simply move Test Track to the new Cars Land, re-theme as Radiator Springs, then finish out the rest of the land.

Put something else at EPCOT

Villain's Land would be perfection. Have a pathway that goes behind/beyond the Haunted Mansion as well to get there. You could easily creep it up. I don't think it would be anything seen previously as I was under the impression that anything in the Asian parks had an exclusivity window. If they were doing anything Frozen or Rapunzel related, it would make more sense to have it connected to Fantasyland. Cars Land would be better suited to be a Hollywood Studios addition to go along with Toy Story Land.

Cars Land.

It is set in the West.

And bring Kevin Rafferty out of retirement to run the project and pay him whatever he wants.

The problem with the test track clone with outside track is the weather. It's not a good match for florida weather. I'd love a carsland in florida, but i'm not sure it fits at Magic kingdom in the rumored beyond big thunder spot.
If they did a test track clone, I'd love to see journey to the center of the earth tokyo disney sea clone.

I think villains is a good choice as it's general enough to give you a lot of options. You can get multiple IP within the disney brand and still fit the overall theme.
I sure hope they have some high capacity people eating attractions. I'm not necessarily hoping for cutting edge tech, but good theming. A classic dark ride that can serve all heights. A thrill ride for the older demographic, and a kiddie high capacity ride. I'd love it if screens are not the primary focus, but understand they'll be involved somehow.
I'd love for a themed restaurant to integrated in to one of the attractions like Blue Bayou/Pirates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter