Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Dresses?

alisonleigh21

Earning My Ears
Hi! I have a few questions I can’t find the answer to about BBB and would love some insight!

1. Does anyone have or know what I can find a recent picture of the available dresses?
2. Does anyone know what version(s) of Elsa dresses they have?
3. I want my daughter to have a magical experience. Is the fun of getting the dress there a part of that? I like the idea of getting to preplan and getting the dress beforehand (so I can wear a coordinating outfit) but I don’t want to take away any magic!

Thank you!

I'm not sure about the current dresses, but maybe you could look up 2023 reviews and there might be a photo somewhere.

When I took my dd we bought the dress ahead of time and it was just as magical! She was able to try it on at home and make sure it fit. They have a changing room, so she wore her regular outfit to BBB and changed when we got there. Then they took her to the chair and did the makeover. It was really fun. She loved it. I let her pick out a couple of accessories from BBB.

We just did BBB for the first time a couple weeks ago at DL. Including some dress photos below. There were different tiers depending on what package you got. For example, we chose Belle and there were multiple Belle dresses to choose from. We ended up choosing a higher priced package (but not the highest) which included the one in the last dress photo and it was beautiful. We also liked that the package included a photo session which was so worth it. It helped that we could use our MK discount. We loved our experience so much that we’re going to do it again during our next WDW trip.

Since we didn’t do the Frozen package this time, I didn’t pay too much attention to the Elsa dresses, but you can see one of them in a photo below. Also I’ll add a photo of the Frozen package info since I happened to take one. They did say that the dresses may vary based on availability of style and sizing.

I don’t think it takes away from the magic if you wanted to bring your own dress. The process of picking the dress was basically looking around at the dresses in the shop and picking one. We just did it because we wanted the whole experience for the first time. Hope you and your daughter have the best time!

6EECDBBF-97BD-4EE6-A1F6-23A6719C0DBF.jpeg3B42586C-C380-4E7E-B913-8EBC265FD551.jpeg190CF1B8-43E5-45E9-A643-A4438C330AF3.jpegD0114D7A-176B-4886-B45F-E15DF78235EB.jpeg

44480F47-93C0-4FC2-B1BA-EB45BFE7BB77.jpeg

We just did BBB for the first time a couple weeks ago at DL. Including some dress photos below. There were different tiers depending on what package you got. For example, we chose Belle and there were multiple Belle dresses to choose from. We ended up choosing a higher priced package (but not the highest) which included the one in the last dress photo and it was beautiful. We also liked that the package included a photo session which was so worth it. It helped that we could use our MK discount. We loved our experience so much that we’re going to do it again during our next WDW trip.

Since we didn’t do the Frozen package this time, I didn’t pay too much attention to the Elsa dresses, but you can see one of them in a photo below. Also I’ll add a photo of the Frozen package info since I happened to take one. They did say that the dresses may vary based on availability of style and sizing.

I don’t think it takes away from the magic if you wanted to bring your own dress. The process of picking the dress was basically looking around at the dresses in the shop and picking one. We just did it because we wanted the whole experience for the first time. Hope you and your daughter have the best time!

View attachment 731593View attachment 731594View attachment 731595View attachment 731596
Thank you so much! This was immensely helpful. I was able to zoom in and see they have a Moana dress too, which is another favorite of my daughter's. Great point about the photo package! I want to make sure we get that. Hopefully, they'll have a dress that fits my smaller-than-average daughter, but I'll pack a backup dress just in case.

Thank you so much! This was immensely helpful. I was able to zoom in and see they have a Moana dress too, which is another favorite of my daughter's. Great point about the photo package! I want to make sure we get that. Hopefully, they'll have a dress that fits my smaller-than-average daughter, but I'll pack a backup dress just in case.
Glad it helped! For the photo package, they gave us a folder with some prints in it after the session (there's a short wait), but they took many more photos that were available to download with Photopass.

For sizing you can try on multiple sizes in their changing room if needed. My daughter is 4 but tall for her age, and we initially tried a size 4. It was a bit short on her, and we were able to switch to the next size up which was perfect with some room to grow.

View attachment 731593View attachment 731594View attachment 731595View attachment 731596

View attachment 731597
Can I ask how did the rides go with the dress on? We go in 12 days and this is the first time BBB has been open since we started going, so I was super excited to be able to get a reservation…but I also don’t want her uncomfortable riding rides🫣. I know she will pick a Cinderella dress… so of course fluffy. We have already had a meltdown about not wearing “fancy” shoes as well, so taking the dress off may really be out of the question.

Can I ask how did the rides go with the dress on? We go in 12 days and this is the first time BBB has been open since we started going, so I was super excited to be able to get a reservation…but I also don’t want her uncomfortable riding rides🫣. I know she will pick a Cinderella dress… so of course fluffy. We have already had a meltdown about not wearing “fancy” shoes as well, so taking the dress off may really be out of the question.
I see little girls in the big BBB dresses all the time in the parks and seem perfectly happy! I think having a good pair of walking shoes is more important than worrying about the dress on rides. I bet you can find something “fancy” yet practical. Think glittery tennis shoes or even crocs or similar.

We have done BBB twice, first taking our own dress then this past November we picked while there.
I will say the kids LOVED picking them while there, and while it may be a bit more expensive this way, I feel now having done it, it was 100% worth picking while there. It added a lot to the experience for them.
BUT be prepared for them to not have the sizing you need - it didn't happen to us, but I know it can happen.

We did this in October on our little girl's 7th birthday. She choose the pink sleeping beauty dress. She wore it all day and night on the rides. I think the key is for sure comfortable shoes. She wore her boots everyday at Disney except the first day when she wore her sneakers. The dress was a great fit and didn't drag on the ground.

She didn’t have any issues with the rides, although we didn’t try the carousel with the dress on. What bothered her the most was the clip on earrings and the necklace… she only kept the earrings on for the photo session, and she only wore the necklace whenever we thought to put it on before taking photos throughout the day. I think it was a bit heavy and uncomfortable for her.

For shoes she just wore her black boots she was wearing that week. Since we opted for a size up, the dress was just long enough to float above the ground so you couldn’t see her shoes anyway. They didn’t show up in the photos since the dress puffed out quite a bit with all the layers.

Since it was raining, they gave us a rain cover for her hair, which we ended up using overnight to help maintain the hairstyle and it still looked pretty much the same the next day. I’ve heard that people will bring a silk cover for their hair to help with that too.

When my daughter was five (this was in 2019) she did Guardians of the Galaxy wearing her enormous glittery Tiana dress and sneakers. Not only did she have an amazing time, but everyone, cast members and other guests alike, was lovely to her. I think people just like seeing the little girls in the glittery princess dresses on thrill rides. And glitter got everywhere.

I see little girls in the big BBB dresses all the time in the parks and seem perfectly happy! I think having a good pair of walking shoes is more important than worrying about the dress on rides. I bet you can find something “fancy” yet practical. Think glittery tennis shoes or even crocs or similar.
O most definitely! We have all the shoes. I just said no heels in the park 😬. My pick would be her crocs or glittery vans which she wears normally and are broken in. It is definitely good to know that girls are wearing the big dresses around. We just haven’t been in the parks since COVID Restrictions lifted so we haven’t seen anything. It’s been all masks every visit and no character interaction just the distant photos, so this is a huge change.

When my daughter was five (this was in 2019) she did Guardians of the Galaxy wearing her enormous glittery Tiana dress and sneakers. Not only did she have an amazing time, but everyone, cast members and other guests alike, was lovely to her. I think people just like seeing the little girls in the glittery princess dresses on thrill rides. And glitter got everywhere.
LOL! I love this! Our house is nothing but glitter for Cheer Comps so this is just the icing on the cake for my husband.. I am currently cackling on the inside and keeping this fun fact to myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter