Bibs / Packages Through Travel Agencies - W&D

RunDisney Crazy

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone. The wife and I plan on doing Wine & Dine this year and although this will be our 3rd RunDisney we have always booked on property hotel and tickets through Disney. However, everything I have read about the Disney approved agencies has been great. I have heard rave reviews about Jim Stone and Acclaim. Since registration is coming upon us in the near future I just wanted to get some feedback from those that have used the travel agencies and what works and what doesn’t. Also, any tips or things to be careful of? I would mainly like to just secure my bib through them but not sure if this race will require a hotel stay as well. Thanks in advance!!

Get on Acclaim's facebook page. And email list. They send out good info those ways. And call; they are super nice. If they know that W&D will require the room/tickets this year, they'll tell you. If they don't know it yet, they'll get the info to you somehow.

Are you going to try to get the bib on your own, or just let them do it?

I think the main thing to know is that you just need to be patient. There's a process disney puts them through, and it takes time, to get the absolute "yes you have a bib" type of email. I haven't heard anything bad about them, ever; just nervousness during the wait. I think they can't really tell us what the abcs are because Disney keeps changing it up. So just be calm, trusting, and patient. :)

I've used Jim Stone/Acclaim, GET Sports and Magical Miles (Sarah) - all have been great experiences and the process has been the same.

We booked 2 runs with GET sports. Our Disneyland trip went Great! We booked SW Dark Side and have not been able to get our Disney resort confirmation number which means that we can not make our FP+ reservations. We wanted to arrive a little early to visit parks. I'm hoping we can still get the FP+ we were hoping on getting :worship:

I've bought 3 races from Jim & Pat Stone and all went smoothly. DL didn't require any hotel but DW does. Minimum 2 nights for SW Darkside.

Get on Acclaim's facebook page. And email list. They send out good info those ways. And call; they are super nice. If they know that W&D will require the room/tickets this year, they'll tell you. If they don't know it yet, they'll get the info to you somehow.

Are you going to try to get the bib on your own, or just let them do it?

I think the main thing to know is that you just need to be patient. There's a process disney puts them through, and it takes time, to get the absolute "yes you have a bib" type of email. I haven't heard anything bad about them, ever; just nervousness during the wait. I think they can't really tell us what the abcs are because Disney keeps changing it up. So just be calm, trusting, and patient. :)

Thanks everyone for the info. I'm going to try and register when general registration opens just wanted to have a backup plan just in case. I was hoping it would not require a hotel stay. I would rather book through WDW in the event they offer room discounts later down the line.

Also, I know Run Disney will sometimes offer discounted park tickets as well. I see that Acclaim had discounted park tickets listed and they seem like a really good deal. Just trying to figure which option would be best concerning that as well.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter