Bidding boutique and boys

lookame

DIS Veteran
I have a son who is 11, will be 12 when we go. I know he won’t be interested in the prince package but I thought he might enjoy becoming a pirate. Has anyone done the pirate, full costume, with a boy around that age? I tried to look at YouTube videos to see how different the expirience is but there’s not really any.

How quick do boutique appointments book up?

My experience with a 10 year old boy- he loved the outfit and the face painting. They really do a great job and he looked in character for all the pictures that night. He could have done without the cheesier aspects like all the boutique CMs talking like pirates, swearing a pirate oath, the pirate proclamation, and having to walk the plant in the room (don’t get me wrong it was really cute and I thought it was neat, but the too cool 10 year old thought that part was a little babyish).

I’d suggest booking when your window opens since the good times do seem to go fast.

I have a son who is 11, will be 12 when we go. I know he won’t be interested in the prince package but I thought he might enjoy becoming a pirate. Has anyone done the pirate, full costume, with a boy around that age? I tried to look at YouTube videos to see how different the expirience is but there’s not really any.

How quick do boutique appointments book up?

My son ( 10 years old) loved the costume and the face painting. He really thought he was a pirate, normally he doesn’t want to wear a costume anymore, but if we go again he wants to be a pirate again.

I would DEFINITELY ask your son if he’s interested and not assume at this age. (Eg not surprise him)

Signed,

A fellow a parent of a 11-yo

I would DEFINITELY ask your son if he’s interested and not assume at this age. (Eg not surprise him)

Signed,

A fellow a parent of a 11-yo

Oh yes I plan to show him before we actually book it and see if hed like to be come a pirate. We still have awhile to go so right now im just trying to gauge how much the activities will cost altogether. Hes at a weird age where he thinks dressing up outside of Halloween isnt cool but at the same time he does things so he isn't left out or because his (much) younger sister might enjoy them and he wants her to see him doing them as well, like a brother sister bonding thing I guess...I miss the days when he loved dressing in costumes :(

Our boys LOVED the face painting, but they are very into Pirates of the Caribbean. We brought our own costumes though, and were glad we did (we got essentially the same "Captain Jack" costumes for $5 and they charge $50 on the ship).

I would definitely ask him first, which I know you are planning to do. We just cruised with DS10 on a SWDaS and I asked him if he wanted to do BBB on Star Wars day to dress up. He looked at me like I had completely lost my mind. It was a definite no!

Definitely ask him. We just got back and my son (11) had no interest in BBB - wouldn't be caught dead in the princess salon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter