• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biergarten questions

Oh, Biergarten. Tied for my #1 on property. I am an introvert like crazy, but still suck it up for this place. I just know where to seat myself - edge of the table, a kid across from me (my other quiet one), and then DH and my older son, who can chat up anyone, next to the other party. I make initial contact, and answer any questions, etc., but I never feel like I have to carry any conversation since I have my two mouthpieces seated next to the other people.

The food is fantastic - tomato salad, schnitzel, nudel gratin. I dream about it!

Can't wait to go back!!!

LOL @Minnesota! That is exactly how I handle it. My husband will talk to anyone so I put him next to the strangers.

Last time we were there, we were seated with a family who was driving back to Michigan after the meal. They told us (well, told my DH actually) that this is their annual tradition.

They drive to/from Florida and eat dinner at the Biergarten before starting the trip home. Guess they aren’t beer drinkers. LOL!

Been going for many years ............ they leave tables empty rather than seats so plan on having table mates. I've been when there have been guests at only about dozen tables, but those tables were full.

My DS is also special needs ... adult ... and obvious .... and we are seated with strangers. I suggest you be close to doors so when they call your name you could possibly be in the front of the group seated first .... putting him in first and able to control the seating OR place yourself to sit last so you can have an easy exit from table if need be.

I have seen people ask to be seated at their own table, told no, and some actually walked out. Once a Mom and two boys didn't want to sit with us .... whatever, we sat down while they discussed it with hostess. In the end they were told no and sat with us. She gave me an excuse she was afraid her boys would be disruptive ........... they were very well behaved and they are regulars so she knew what was going to happen. In the end it was fine, I found a common interest with her and we talked through the meal.

You can see here, full tables and lots of empty tables.

seating-3-biergarten-600x400.jpg
Thank You so much for the information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love Biergarten! My son can sometimes be a picky eater but he ventures out and eats some things he normally wouldn't at Biergarten. I think it is one the better quality buffets at WDW and the entertainment is fun!

They will wait until all parties assigned to one table are there and then they will walk everyone in together and explain how everything works. We have been there many times and have never had them seat additional people at our table when another party has left. We don't find the seating arrangement awkward at all but we are pretty outgoing and like talking to people. Sometimes you are seated with some people who clearly aren't comfortable with sitting others and they prefer not to converse which is just fine.

We had one of our best WDW experienced at Biergarten. We were seated with a Native American man and his wife. I don't remember how it started but somehow he started talking to us about all the Native American history in Florida. He was seriously a walking history book of native American culture! My son was about 13 at the time and was fascinated (we all were); this man clearly enjoyed sharing the information with us. Our son had recently done a unit on Native American history in school and had a lot of questions for him which is was so happy to answer. Everytime we go to Biergarten now we always talk about that experience.

We were seated next to 3 adults. We were a family of me, DH, 9 year old, twin almost 3 year olds. They were already sitting and halfway through their meal. They did not acknowledge us, and it felt very awkward. It was almost like we sat at their table. My children are generally well behaved, but they were 2 year olds in Disney. They didn't scream or anything, but it is just a struggle getting everyone fed from a buffet. The music was also just loud at that age. The food was just okay. My DH already doesn't like to be bothering others so the fact that we had to get up and down a bunch of times and the kids talked loudly over the music, etc. was just too much to fully enjoy it.
The waiter was great, and it was nice to talk to him about Germany (especially once the other people left).

I would not do it with younger kids again...I would wait until the kids could get up and get food by themselves and dance by themselves.

We've always had a good time at Biergarten, and often have found things we have in common with our tablemates- from the same state, or they've traveled to places we've lived, etc. It really is a small world sometimes! If people don't want to talk, that's fine too- we just keep talk among ourselves and let them do the same. You don't HAVE to socialize with the strangers at your table unless you, and they, want to!

We enjoy the Biergarten a lot! Food is good, music is fun, service has always been great. Most times our tablemates are very quiet. I try to engage a little- sometimes they talk other times it seems like we are intruding. It is a little awkward at times-always hoping to get a friendly bunch!

It's been a few years, but we loved it. My son, who was probably 5 at the time, was on the dance floor the whole time. We are going on our next trip in August.

my kids now 16 and 10 ask to go every time. They love it. They love the food. I love the beer. They love the band as well.

As far as sitting with others. it is what YOU make it. If you smile and engage you can have friendly small talk. Sometimes they talk back, sometimes they just eat quietly. Never had a rude or angry family sit with us.

The food looks really good and like there is something for everyone, but different stuff than all over the place.

The tables look like theyre for 8. So, it looks like others sit with you. Is it awkward? I'm friendly, but my familys not great at it.
Do they take your order separate? I guess there's nothing to order. So are all eight seated at once, or are one party there and then they may leave and another may come, or you may or what?
Are there certain times of the day when music stuff plays or is it every so often?

Overall do you like it?

We liked it - and the atmosphere was unique - kind of like San Angel Inn in Mexico, but with better food and lighting. Oh, and German. Our table was awkward because the group with us brought and extra person who wasn't on their reservation and it forced an 8-top to 9 people, and we just stood awkwardly while they tried to find space for us. We didn't talk much with the people at our table, but I think that was their choice, not ours. There's a lot of up and down to get food and whatnot, so depending on how quickly you eat, it can be hit or miss. Try to get an outside seat, it's a pain being by the railing and having to squeeze through and around folks.

We love it! We, too, have experienced chatty lovely families and those that don't want to talk. Once the family clearly weren't drinkers and the two teenagers got big eyes every time DH and I ordered a beer, LOL!

The weirdest thing was a family who pitched an absolute FIT at being seated with us. They claimed their child had food allergies so severe that eating with us endangered their child's life. Now, I know there are severe food allergies that can seriously compromise a kid, but a buffet just seemed like such an odd choice if they were truly that severe. I mean, what stops offending food from being dropped into a "safe" food or cross contamination from utensils, etc. It made me think they had figured out a way to eat alone at Biergarten and their child was just fine, LOL. It was just SO OVER THE TOP!

We love it an usually have a lunch there every time we visit.

one time, we were seated with a family that lived 10 miles at most from where we live. very small world after all. We had a bunch in common to talk about.

We enjoy the Biergarten a lot! Food is good, music is fun, service has always been great. Most times our tablemates are very quiet. I try to engage a little- sometimes they talk other times it seems like we are intruding. It is a little awkward at times-always hoping to get a friendly bunch!

I'll sit with you! :D

We liked it - and the atmosphere was unique - kind of like San Angel Inn in Mexico, but with better food and lighting. Oh, and German. Our table was awkward because the group with us brought and extra person who wasn't on their reservation and it forced an 8-top to 9 people, and we just stood awkwardly while they tried to find space for us. We didn't talk much with the people at our table, but I think that was their choice, not ours. There's a lot of up and down to get food and whatnot, so depending on how quickly you eat, it can be hit or miss. Try to get an outside seat, it's a pain being by the railing and having to squeeze through and around folks.

That is so weird. I think that is just poor training on the part of the staff. They should obviously think on the spot and be able to assign another table to those people. It is really not that big of a deal.

Is there a separate buffet section for kids to eat at? Or do they eat from anywhere? Is the kid food the same as the adult food or is it the hot dog and chicken nugget variety??

Is there a separate buffet section for kids to eat at? Or do they eat from anywhere? Is the kid food the same as the adult food or is it the hot dog and chicken nugget variety??
Everyone eats from the same buffet. My kids are pretty picky and they both found enough to eat.

The last time we were there they did have a small "kids" section of mac and cheese, nuggets, etc. It may have changed, but at the time everyone eats from the same buffet line that included those selections.

I HATE HATE HATE German food. Haven't been to a German restaurant yet that I enjoyed...yet Biergarten is one of my very favorite restaurants in all of WDW. We adore this place. Have been many times and have had great tablemates and some who kept to themselves. I could live on the schnitzel, meatballs and spatzle.

They eat anything they want.

Among the adult food there is plenty kids would love:
baked chicken, sausages, roasted potatoes, mac & cheese, pretzel rolls, lots of chunk cheese and fresh fruit.

There is a lower kids shelf with a few things they would like as well.

That is so weird. I think that is just poor training on the part of the staff. They should obviously think on the spot and be able to assign another table to those people. It is really not that big of a deal.

Seriously, that did seem just wrong to squeeze in extra and make the other party deal.

We love it! We, too, have experienced chatty lovely families and those that don't want to talk. Once the family clearly weren't drinkers and the two teenagers got big eyes every time DH and I ordered a beer, LOL!

The weirdest thing was a family who pitched an absolute FIT at being seated with us. They claimed their child had food allergies so severe that eating with us endangered their child's life. Now, I know there are severe food allergies that can seriously compromise a kid, but a buffet just seemed like such an odd choice if they were truly that severe. I mean, what stops offending food from being dropped into a "safe" food or cross contamination from utensils, etc. It made me think they had figured out a way to eat alone at Biergarten and their child was just fine, LOL. It was just SO OVER THE TOP!

We love it an usually have a lunch there every time we visit.

I love Biergarten and have usually had great table mates. Your post did remind me of the time we were sitting with a group that was very obviously anti-alcohol. When we ordered our beers they made a snide comment about not being able to sit through a meal without alcohol, then I swear that every time one of us took a sip the woman would audibly sigh, she also very clearly put her kids in the seats away from us. It was actually pretty hilarious but we still enjoyed our meal and server and the band despite their best efforts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter