Biergarten returning to a buffet

elgerber

DIS Veteran
I posted this in the buffet rumor thread but thought I would post it here. I just got this email from Disney for our October trip.
WALT DISNEY WORLD
Dining Reservation Update​
My Disney Experience Dining Icon
Dear Guest,

Thank you for booking a dining reservation at EPCOT for October 18, 2021.

We are making adjustments to the dining experience at Biergarten Restaurant and will now be offering a buffet experience on the date of your reservation. Favorite menu items will remain available including Pretzel Rolls, Bratwurst, Schnitzel and a variety of desserts including Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce and Black Forest Roll. Biergarten Restaurant will offer family-style dining for reservations through August 28, 2021.

If you prefer to change your plans based on this update, please visit DisneyWorld.com or the My Disney Experience app to cancel your dining reservation and make new reservations at another location. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards,

Disney Destinations
©Disney​
r
Advertisement

That's nice that Disney is advising people of the change! Seems like more than they usually do. Wish they were more specific about the seating. I expect I'm in the minority but I'm sorry to see it return to a buffet. I have never been a fan of buffets - dating back far before the pandemic. I tried Biergarten for the first time in late 2020 because it was family style and was very pleasantly surprised. The food wasn't anything in and of itself that I'd rave about but the atmosphere was fantastic and we had a great time. I'm not sure I'd go back as a buffet but I definitely would if family-style service continued. I totally get the economic reasons behind preferring to operate a buffet ... just my two cents.

DH wanted to try this one on our Sept trip, we got the email too. Will be cancelling. Not dong a buffet in Florida in Sept!

darn, I was also excited to try them as family style because we didn't enjoy the buffet style & communal seating.

That's nice that Disney is advising people of the change! Seems like more than they usually do. Wish they were more specific about the seating. I expect I'm in the minority but I'm sorry to see it return to a buffet. I have never been a fan of buffets - dating back far before the pandemic. I tried Biergarten for the first time in late 2020 because it was family style and was very pleasantly surprised. The food wasn't anything in and of itself that I'd rave about but the atmosphere was fantastic and we had a great time. I'm not sure I'd go back as a buffet but I definitely would if family-style service continued. I totally get the economic reasons behind preferring to operate a buffet ... just my two cents.

My daughter and I ate there on our trip this past May and they gave us way too much food. More food then 4 people could eat. I asked the server before we got the food if we could leave some stuff off, knowing that we would not eat it. She said "no", that they make up all of the first wave of food that is sent out the exact same way with the same amount of food if there is 1 person or 4. Only when you ask for seconds for something, do they just give you that item. It was a huge waste of food. I rather that people are able to pick what they want to eat and not waste so much. They should probably just have someone scoop the food onto your plate for you behind the line.

I’m curious if there will be servers serving you or any modifications due to covid. A restaurant near us makes us wear gloves and hands us our own set of tongs to use when choosing items from the buffet. A bit clunky but it does make you feel slightly safer. I wasn’t a buffet fan pre covid (germaphobe)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter