Biergarten seating

interstate70s

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been at Biergarten recently? I have read the seating was socially distanced instead of the communal tables. Is that still the case?

Last edited:

I was a solo diner there July 2 and had a table for 4 all to myself.

FWIW I’ve been solo before Covid and seated with perfectly pleasant company, but I hope they don’t go back to communal seating! I just enjoy the atmosphere and don’t feel the need (pressure) to make conversation…

We never minded the communal tables. We met some really nice people and had some nice conversations getting to know them.

has the buffet returned or are they still doing like a sampling that they bring to your table?

FWIW, we have had mixed interaction with table mates at the communal tables. Some times great and some times, not friendly at all. It's okay for me either way, but I'm sure my husband would prefer that lack of pressure to make small talk.

Mixed feelings about the loss of the communal tables. It was a big nod to the Munich beer halls and a stab at being traditional. But I agree with some PPs that many guests were shocked when they realized they were sharing a table with strangers. I generally ignored the diners beside me if they weren't interested in a quick chat and just focused on the music and entertainment. Smart guess is that the traditional beer hall communal tables work great when an adult party atmosphere and everyone drinking for hours at night. Hard to transplant that to North America and family dining with kids in a theme park when we are cycled through in 40 mins or less. Meet as strangers. Leave as strangers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter