• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biergarten - thoughts, reviews please

Katedisneylover

Earning My Ears
Just booked Biergarten for candlelight processional as we decided to change up our normal epcot TS restaurants, any reviews or thoughts? Never been a restaurant I considered but my other half loves bratwurst and Schofferhoffer so it seemed a good choice.

Great choice. If you love German food this is the place for you. Everything you could imagine and delicious!
Wonderful oompa band entertainment through-out the late afternoon and evening. Just be prepared to sit at a long table so you may be sitting with others but meeting other Disney fans is always fun! You will enjoy the candlelight processional. A very moving experience.

LOVE Biergarten, they have wonderful salads, pretzel bread that is wonderful, and great desserts. Add in the show and it's awesome. I had a great aunt from Germany who loved to cook and this is as close to that as I've ever come. We never miss it. You will be seated with others, that doesn't bother us. We have made friends from everywhere this way!

We love it. It is the only restaurant we make sure to go to on every trip. Food is good, beer and wine - always good, service has been great, and the band is so much fun.

We Love Biergarten! Even my vegetarian daughter likes it. So many good choices. The entertainment is good too. I think you made a great choice!

I will never ever dine here again. Once was more than enough

I do not like the food and I hated sharing a table. It was awkward and uncomfortable. The other party clearly had no idea that sharing a table was required. I was w my parents and dh. My dad never met a stranger. Dad tried really hard, but no luck

While it was a favorite w my parents, both before and after the one time we joined them, we will never go again

Way too many places we actually enjoy to go again

It's one of the must do picks when we go with all my in laws. It's one non steak (or burger) and potato place that my FIL likes (Ohana is another). I am tired of it. The food is not bad and there is a huge selection. BUT the lines have gotten longer and busier. Like the buffet lines, as folks are slow and others butt in. It's sheer chaos and just makes me anxious. We are always a larger group and get our own table so no sharing for us. But last time we were seated down by the floor near a water feature thing near the dance floor and folks let their kids play unsupervised on the dance floor and there were several littles climbing on the water feature and splashing in it right at our table...annoying. And the food is decent but not WOW great to make all the stress of that place worth going. Lunch is less busy chaotic but they don't have sauerbraten (and maybe other things) on lunch menu and I think the show is less often than for dinner.

Showtimes I see listed: 1:15pm, 2:15pm, 3:15pm, 4:45pm, 5:55pm, 7:00pm, and 8:05pm

I didn’t care for the food that much, not terrible, just ok. I liked the entertainment/ shows and I liked the 🍺 beer😀😀 I didn’t mind sharing the table that much we just chatted away.

Biergarten is must do for my husband and I. We absolutely love the food, ambiance and entertainment. We have always had wonderful service and the food has always been fresh, plentiful and delicious. The desserts are some the best around. We are going back in 2 weeks and our first stop is Biergarten! We know the the tables are communal and have met some really nice people from all different places. Some tablemates want to chat, some don't. We always enjoy meeting new people and if our tablemates don't want to chat that is ok as well. We always enjoy our lunch or dinner there no matter what.

We love Biergarten. We have been maybe 10 times over the years. It's one of my husband's favourites. We generally don't talk to the people beside us unless they start up a conversation and then I am good with it. I am just very quiet and not a great conversation starter, but we have met some lovely people. My favourite things are the cucumber salad, the macaroni salad (so good!), and the schnitzel. The show is really fun. When the kids were little they loved to get up and dance. It's just a really nice time. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

We love Biergarten, too! We are both quiet, so we don't really talk to our tablemates much unless they start the conversation. There's enough food and entertainment that you don't really "need" to talk to strangers if you don't want to!

Unless we go with a party of 6 or more this place is off our list now. We have found the seating to be awkward in most cases. I want a meal with my family, not an adventure in meaningless small talk with someone I will never see again.

However the food has always been really good there.

I booked it for my DH, but I enjoyed it more than anticipated. The theming can't be beat! I didn't care for the vegetables and salads (and I LOVE salads and veggies) - they just didn't seem that fresh or had flavors I didn't love. The pork loin with wine sauce was one of the best things I ate that trip. I would definitely go back, but when paying OOP I'm not sure it's the best value for me personally. I would choose it more in the winter I think.

ETA - We were a four top next to a four top and our groups didn't talk to one another. Not sure I would go with a party of two.

We really like the Biergarten. We haven’t been in a few years, but booked it for this August. I’m really looking forward to going back. Good food and great entertainment.

We really like it. We've been there maybe 5 or so times. Twice we have had really good table mates that we chatted with and the other times, DH and I just talked to each other and that was fine too.

We think the food is really good and the show is fun.

We love Biergarten! Part of the fun for us is sitting with random strangers. Sometimes we’ve had great conversations, other times, not so much. Lol. But we always come home with funny stories about our experiences here. :)

It's a one & done, for us. DH liked it but the kids and I thought it was just okay. Meat, fish, and potatoes were overdone. Sides were okay. Desserts were fine, and one of my kids made his meal out of the berry compote! Loved the beer. The band is fun and I'd enjoy sharing a table if the other people wanted to visit. However, decent food is a requirement so I won't go again.

We love Biergarten! Part of the fun for us is sitting with random strangers. Sometimes we’ve had great conversations, other times, not so much. Lol. But we always come home with funny stories about our experiences here. :)
Especially when those strangers come from the town less than 10 miles from where you live! 😮 I guess it really is a small world!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter