Biergarten???

ptrbryant

DIS Veteran
Okay, I often see negative comments about Biergarten at EPCOT, but they tend to be from people who don't like German food in the first place. For those of you who DO like German food, what did you think of it for dinner?
Trying to think out our PS's for January and we've never been to Biergarten before (weather too hot for heavy food!), but thought this may be a time to try it!?!?
Thanks!
Karla

From a fellow German food lover, it is very good. My nephew also counts it as one of his favorites.

My husband and I ate there last week for lunch and we loved it. The atmosphere was festive and upbeat, they had a German band playing which was alot of fun. The lunch buffet had so many selections on it, sausages, salads, desserts, breads, anything you could have wanted. The staff was friendly and since crowds were low last week, the staff was able to chat with us and tell us about thier home land. We would go back again.

Fabulous! I'm German-American...live in the New York area where there are many great German restaurants. We were a little leery about eating there figuring that it wouldn't compare too well (sorry...that sounds really New York snobby...didn't mean to!) But it was excellent. The sauerbraten was good...not great...good. But the roast pork was wonderful....my favorite. Great atmosphere...great meats...great side dishes...good desserts. The main knock I've read is that the tables seat something like 14-16 people, so your party of four could be sitting at the same table as another unrelated party of four.
We had 8 in our party and sat alone so it didn't affect us....but if that sort of thing could potentially bother you, be warned!

Excellent food and entertainment!

http://www.***********.com/115c024c0.jpg

More PICTURES.

The food is fine. But the entertainment is GREAT! It was one of the best dinners we had. My little DD (3 then) danced and danced! Go and have a great time.

I really liked it. My DD, who isn't much of an adventurer when it comes to food, also really liked it. The entertainment is terrific, the staff was good, and what great fun sitting at a big table with people from all over the world.

We enjoy the Biergarten. I'm getting ready to make a PS for our next trip. Some people are put off by type of seating. (being at a table with strangers) I just we they had Wienerschnitzel.

My spouse and I are both of German descent and live in the midwest. Which is probably why we were pretty underwhelmed by the food at Biergarten. We found it to be heavy and somewhat greasy. Both of us thought we would love it, as the food on the menu is food that we often have at home, but we didn't care much for it at all.

Akershus on the other hand, was absolutely fabulous!(smile)

I loved Biergarten when it was new--you had your own table and it was a table service restaurant. The last time we were there, Hubby amd I got wedged in next to a rail, so it was hard to go to buffet. Plus, we were unlucky enough to be seated with two unbelieveably rude young Frenchmen. I know enough French to know that they were making vicious comments about everyone and everything American and Disney. It ruined the whole experience, and we have not been back.

We love Biergarten and find it is one of the most reasonably priced buffets in the world. They have a great variety of food, I especially liked the barley salad, red cabbage and meat balls. Oh, don't forget to save room for the apple strudel and vanilla sauce.

I think I remember the tables will seat 8. There may be larger tables that I didn't pay attention to the 3-4 times we've eaten there. Only once were we seated with a stranger and it made the meal very akward. We were a party of 7 and he was a business man that probably didn't enjoy being at the table with 4 little kids and a grandma. The food is pretty good. The black forest cake is very plain without the benefit of kirschwasser. (Cherry liquor)

I generally don't like German food and I enjoyed it.. It was very good. It was one of DH's favorites.

The seating was 6 to a table at our table. I thought I would be put off by that, but we sat with some great people and it was fun. I guess if depends on who you get!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter