Big Birthday Bash- Which Restaurants?

Toadlover

Mouseketeer
Next March -a year from now- we are going to WDW and three of us- my mom, my niece, and I have significant-numbered birthdays. We will be 75, 50, and 17. Altogether there will be 13 of us.

It's kind of early to make reservations, I would think- or is it?

What are your recommendations for an upscale place to eat that isn't V&A? What is the food like at said upscale place(s)? (I remember eating at DL for a big meal like this, but I don't remember which restaurant it was, or even what food they had but it was a very classy place!)

Reservations, at this point, can be made 60 days out. So January 2022 for you. This could change so keep an eye out!

California Grill, Narcoosee’s, Jaleo, Il Mulino, Shula’s. I’m sure more places will open up but these are solid options that are currently open. In-park dining is a little tough for high end food. Food at these places range from amazing to solid. You have a year so take your time checking menus and do what works best for you.

With your large party reservations will be tough to get so try to plan ahead for that.

Currently you cannot make dining reservations until 60 days before check in. My choice for a nice meal with great food and views would be California Grill.

By March 2022, I would hope (fingers crossed!) fireworks would be back... time it right and you can catch fireworks from California Grill... also O'hana, but not as great as a view... a little more casual though.

I vote California Grill. It's one of our favorites. The pork tenderloin is amazing.

Next March -a year from now- we are going to WDW and three of us- my mom, my niece, and I have significant-numbered birthdays. We will be 75, 50, and 17. Altogether there will be 13 of us.

It's kind of early to make reservations, I would think- or is it?

What are your recommendations for an upscale place to eat that isn't V&A? What is the food like at said upscale place(s)? (I remember eating at DL for a big meal like this, but I don't remember which restaurant it was, or even what food they had but it was a very classy place!)
This Christmas we are celebrating a 70 and 65. We always book the first available dates possible whether it be room, dining, tours, or now necessary park reservations etc. (Book early and it is a task done and you know you will get what you want.) We have eaten many times at the California Grill for dinner. However, a couple years ago we discovered the Sunday Brunch at California Grill and have not done dinner since but always do the brunch. It is exceptional!!! (The bacon in the bloody Mary's = omg so good.) I would for sure look this experience up online before making a celebration reservation.

We also like the Yachtsman Steakhouse, Le Cellier, and Narcoosee. We have been to each multiple times. Our last trip we ate at Toledo and it was excellent. We only have one experience to give data but we plan to return to Toledo. We enjoyed the upscale sophistication, the wait staff, our meals, and the reserved/quiet atmosphere. We very much enjoyed the restaurant's general manager who was involved and wanted all patrons to enjoy their dining experience.

I am spending my big 50 next month at The Boathouse. I love it there! It is a wonderful atmosphere, they have a huge menu selection, and the food is terrific! I also love their raw oyster selection and drinks! We also enjoy Narcoossee's. But, since Boathouse opened, we prefer it more.

I talked with my mom today for a bit and we looked up the places suggested here and came across several other places, too. We looked on the My Disney Experience app as well. We can't do seafood so that knocked a couple places out, but that's okay.

My mom found these couple articles on a restaurant that sounds uber cool called Space220. Its just that it's not open now and all we can do is hope that it will be in a year. (Like any of the restaurants.) I'm not sure when they will start taking reservations or if we can get 13 people to sit together.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/space-220-restaurant-info-opening-concept-art-photos/

Space220

Anybody heard anything about this restaurant?

I talked with my mom today for a bit and we looked up the places suggested here and came across several other places, too. We looked on the My Disney Experience app as well. We can't do seafood so that knocked a couple places out, but that's okay.

My mom found these couple articles on a restaurant that sounds uber cool called Space220. Its just that it's not open now and all we can do is hope that it will be in a year. (Like any of the restaurants.) I'm not sure when they will start taking reservations or if we can get 13 people to sit together.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/space-220-restaurant-info-opening-concept-art-photos/

Space220

Anybody heard anything about this restaurant?
Yep , there’s a whole thread of folks eagerly awaiting this opening! Looks super cool 😎

https://www.disboards.com/threads/space-restaurant-watch-thread—entrance-photos-post-1609.3749131/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter