Big FP+ News: Starting 2/19 New DHS Tiers, MFSR FP+ Added, READ POST #1

MFSR has a higher throughput AND a more interesting and indoor queue. So I would choose that ride for standby over SDD's slow loading outdoor line.

And am I the only one who sees the acronym MFSR and thinks every time "manufacturers standard retail price"? Lol

Yeah its funny that MDE is crashed because of this announcement as it wasnt really a ride that needed FP to begin with. Sad the relatively short standby line will now be twice as long. MFSR was a prime example of how FP+ isn't needed everywhere.

Time to rework our April plans...still working under the premise of an early opening...UGH!

Got my fp but now the whole app is crashing and it doesn't show I have any right now. :rolleyes: I'm sure they will pop back up eventually!

My ultimate guess is that this is all setting up for Mickey's Runaway Railway to be added to Tier One upon opening. That is really the only way this makes sense. They are going to need some system for it, and having it be Boarding Groups seems problematic for people having to get one for Rise of the Resistance and it.

Thoughts?

My ultimate guess is that this is all setting up for Mickey's Runaway Railway to be added to Tier One upon opening. That is really the only way this makes sense. They are going to need some system for it, and having it be Boarding Groups seems problematic for people having to get one for Rise of the Resistance and it.

Thoughts?

I tend to agree. I have always thought we’d wake up one morning to a random “hey guys, I just booked a MMRR FP for my date” post... just like we randomly awoke this morning to MFSR being available.

They may do something like standby only on an interim/near-term basis, but I don’t see them using a virtual queue there too. That just seems like it would be a confusing setup for most guests.

Pure speculation, of course. :-)

Thoughts?
I would agree with this....seems they will want more than 2 tier 1 FP's but you never know.

if you use chrome or computer try using incognito tab . sometimes that helps when sites are busy
I tried this, but unfortunately no luck. Giving me the message "We cannot display all your FastPass+ details right now. Please check back later"....when everything is gone.

Hopefully no one is getting in and when the system is back up, we can get our FP we want!!! Wishful thinking!

Yeah its funny that MDE is crashed because of this announcement as it wasnt really a ride that needed FP to begin with. Sad the relatively short standby line will now be twice as long. MFSR was a prime example of how FP+ isn't needed everywhere.

There are so many attractions this goes for though. Most mid tier attractions (non headliners) don’t need FP but it was put there with the advent of FP+.

I think MFSR getting added is a big deal of course, but what really drove me to MDE quickly this morning was the move from useless throwaway tier 2s to actual desired FP.

Thoughts?
Yes, I’ve been surprised at the number of people who think that the BG system will be used for all new rides, based on the fact that it has been used precisely once for a single, uniquely anticipated, uniquely complex, uniquely breakdown-prone, massively popular attraction. I expect MMRR to be SB only for a while, then added into the Tier 1 FPs.

In Edge I get some bizarre text-only version of FP reservation where text is kinda clickable, but I don’t know what date I’m on.

Yes, I’ve been surprised at the number of people who think that the BG system will be used for all new rides, based on the fact that it has been used precisely once for a single, uniquely anticipated, uniquely complex, uniquely breakdown-prone, massively popular attraction. I expect MMRR to be SB only for a while, then added into the Tier 1 FPs.

I actually tend to disagree. I think they are uniquely positioned to attempt to avoid the negative press that 240 minute wait time present. Ultimately by offering boarding groups or FP+, they can make the decision to simply not allow more people to ride by closing (or not having) a Stand-By Queue...

So at first I thought this was the greatest thing ever now I am not sure so looking for others thoughts.

Is this worse for people who schedule FP+ at 30 days out? Is this just really helping the 60 day out people?

Trying to figure out if I have to get a room now for my March 30 visit

I would agree with this....seems they will want more than 2 tier 1 FP's but you never know.
I was on the line with DSS this morning about booking a CLFP for MFSR, and the woman I was speaking with seemed to think we might hear about MMRR being added to the FP system in the next week or two. But who knows if this is based on anything other than guessing.

will be better for 60 days out people . they will still get slinky dog and smugglers run . but will also get 2 shots of recent tier 1 rides like tower of terror and TSM

We saw a time and added but got a system error before any confirmation and of course we can't see plans now so we have no idea if it went through or not. We'll see!

MRR should definitely be tier 1 when opening, it'd be nonsense to have two boarding group rides and forcing non stars people who otherwise wouldnt be in the park into an already crowded park. RoR should eventually be tier 1 too.

I think I was able to swap Beauty & the Beast show for Smuggler's Run and swap Frozen show for ToT. It said it was successful, but waiting to confirm it once "My Plans" is able to load properly so I can see them listed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter