• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Big Girls Only" A Sept 2015 PTR *Final PT Update 9/10/15*

MissMaryQC

DIS Veteran
"Big Girls Only" A September 2015 PTR *UPDATED 8/13/2015*

Hi there everybody! :wave2: My name is Mary and I will be your narrator on this extensive, and probably overly detailed, journey into my family's next WDW vacation! This is my very first attempt at a PTR so bare with me as I learn all the tricks, and I promise I'll try not to ramble on too much... :dance3:

Let's get started with some introductions. I was born in Miami, and have lived here basically all my life (minus a year I lived in Orlando and worked as a CM pixiedust: in the MK). My folks divorced when I was a little squirt so my sis and I were raised by my mama. We are a Disney loving family and have had the luxury of visiting WDW at least once a year since I was almost two years old.

Sis is an all around performer; acting, singing, dancing, acrobatics; if it happens on a stage she's good at it! When she was 18 she went to college in NYC and stayed there! :sad: It was hard to say good bye to her, but the distance has actually brought us closer to each other.

Mama still lives in Miami; she works for our Film Festival here and runs a great antique jewelry store online. We have always been a crazy group of girls, and while age has calmed us down a bit, we still know how to let loose and have fun! :cool1: The three of us are very close; every opportunity we have to spend time together is always fun!

There are a few other people I feel I should mention here. The first is my DBF. He's the apple of my eye, the cream in my coffee, the Roger to my Jessica :love: We are a goofy twosome and have been together, romantically, for three out of the 10 years we have known each other.

DBF is a good sport about my Disney love, but he himself isn't nearly the fanatic I am. Sure he likes the movies and has fond memories of Disney as a kid, but he thinks I'm a little cooky :crazy: We took our own little Disney Vacation back in 2012, and I am very sad to admit that was the last time I have been to WDW. But there is good reason for that. See we planned a trip for 2014, a BIG trip. Sis was gonna fly down and the four of us were going to stay in WDW for 10 days and do ALL the things we've always wanted to, but something in my life changed, pretty big change too...

No folks, I didn't have a big lunch, DBF and I are having a baby! :lovestrucprincess::p We couldn't be happier or more excited to become parents. We expect our little princess to arrive any day now!!

Needless to say that kind of means our WDW plans had to be put on hold. DBF and I decided going to WDW with a brand new baby probably wouldn't be too much fun for us, or her for that matter! We figured we'd wait until DD was a bit older and could really enjoy herself in the parks. So planning a trip wasn't in my near future, or so I thought...

DBF decided that I should go to WDW without him. He told me that next year (2015) he would take care of DD while mama, sis and I take our dream WDW vacation; he said it would be my gift from him for having our baby (little does he know having her is gift enough :goodvibes) While I was totally ecstatic to be going to WDW, I wasn't sure I could I plan a vacation knowing it wouldn't involve my sweet baby girl. I mean, will I be able to leave my first daughter with her daddy while I go off gallivanting through the streets of the Magic Kingdom with my mama and sis? :confused:

DBF, mama and sis all agree that I don't have a choice! It's been nearly 10 years since I've been to my second home with my mama and sis, which is just too long, I mean mama and sis have never ridden EE and none of us have even seen the FantasyLand expansion! We are calling this our "Big Girls Only" Trip since it will likely be the last time the three of us head to WDW together without SOs or babies. As for my leaving DD with DBF, well I was told that "I'd better, or else" not sure if I should take it as a sweet gesture or if I should be a bit scared ;)!

Well there ya go! That's my basic family history, hope it wasn't too long winded. I'll do my very best to keep up with our plans; we do have an entire year! But with baby on the way, something tells me sis may be joining DIS and writing this PTR with me! Hope you'll stick around for the planning!:wave2:

Last edited:
Hi Mary! I'm so thrilled you have a trip to plan with your mom and sis...y'all look like a ton of fun! Congrats on the baby girl...they're the best :thumbsup2

Following along to see the trip evolve. And I think you're DBF will be just fine with the little one. That'll be a good age for her momma to get a bit of a Disney break. Good luck!

Hi Mary! I'm so thrilled you have a trip to plan with your mom and sis...y'all look like a ton of fun! Congrats on the baby girl...they're the best :thumbsup2 Following along to see the trip evolve. And I think you're DBF will be just fine with the little one. That'll be a good age for her momma to get a bit of a Disney break. Good luck!

Thanks so much! I'm excited to plan the vacation, but I really can't stop thinking about DD; I just want to meet her already!!

Thanks for following along, hopefully it'll be an entertaining journey!

Sounds like an exciting time! I'm sure it'll be a little hard to pry yourself away from your little one but hopefully you will have a good time anyway. ;)

One of the great things about this trip having been planned, initially, for 2014 is that we have a lot of stuff already thought through. We know where we want to stay, how long, what we want to see and, most importantly, where we want to eat!! :banana:

So here is what we have so far:

Sis went ahead and booked us a 5 night stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort for September 13, 2015 to September 18, 2015. We have never stayed at this resort before but it looks super cute and the refurb going on this and next year definitely assisted our choice! :goodvibes

I will say, however, that we are also very interested in Free Dining (a promotion we have never participated in and only learned about just last year! :eek: ). Now I know that it is suggested not to book your resort if you want Free Dining, but we have a lot of ADR's we want so we needed the reservation to get our 180 day window. Seems like we will be those awful people who change resorts (if necessary) to get the deal... :D

With that Resort stay we also have 4 regular park tickets.We all agreed that we wanted two days outside of the parks to do other stuff (shopping :thumbsup2). We have also always been Rope Drop to Park Close people, thus allowing us to see everything we want! So we are hoping this trip is the same. Although, at this stage in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if we need a few trips back to the Resort for some afternoon RnR! :rolleyes:

We have also decided to skip Epcot this trip. Blasphemy, I know, but we haven't been in SOOO long and our priority this trip is to do stuff we haven't done. Not a lot of new stuff at Epcot since we were last there, oddly enough :confused3. We have decided we will visit AK and HS one day each and our other two days will be dedicated to MK (my favorite park :cheer2:).

Thinking about it now there is a ton of stuff we haven't seen:
Never done TSMWM; the line has always been SO long I've skipped it the last few times I've been. In fact on my trip with DBF by the time we made it back there all the Paper FPs had been snatched up! Mama and sis have never done EE and we LOVE our thrill rides so I'm sure they'll dig it. The BIG one though is that not the one of us has been to any of the FantasyLand expansion!! I can not express how excited I am to see the SDMT, the new Dumbo, TLMR, and Beast's Castle :woohoo:!!

Speaking of which we all have our Dining Wish Lists all mapped out:

Mama:
1. Breakfast at Crystal Palace, before Park Opening, of course. She has never been (and she has been visiting since 1971) so this was her number one must do.
2. Lunch at The Plaza Restaurant. Mama found this location while she was exploring the Disney web site and setting up her Attraction Wish List. Since mama has so few things she wants to do, we absolutely HAVE to go to these two spots!​

Sis:
1. Lunch at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre. We have all been here before, and while the food isn't AMAZING the theming is so fun and cute, sis just has to go again!
2. Dinner at Whispering Canyon. This is a new new for all of us. I actually found it cause I was looking for BBQ (sis's favorite) the idea of "rude" servers is very cute to me, especially since we all have backgrounds in the service industry. Plus, it's Disney; how rude can they really be?!
3. Dinner in Cinderella's Royal Table. This is probably really number one for sis; she has never been, but mama and I have. We are gonna try to get an ADR for about 30 minutes BEFORE the fireworks show; I understand seeing the fireworks from inside the castle is a unique experience, which we enjoy!​

Me:
1. Lunch at Tusker House. I LOVE a good character meal, so when I read that TH has a character lunch with Safari themed characters AND they serve African Cuisine I was sold!
2. 'Ohana for dinner. We were originally gonna go here to watch the fireworks afterwards, but now I think we're gonna go earlier and head to MNSSHP afterwards!!

All the Girls Agree:
1. The Hollywood Brown Derby with the Fantasmic! Dinner Package. We took one look at the interior of this restaurant and just had to go. A HUGE plus is that mama has never seen Fantasmic! so this seemed like a great way to get good seats without having to use a FP+ or wait in line forever!:scared1:
2.Dinner at Be Our Guest. The highly coveted BOG dinner ADR. I can only hope we get it cause I HAVE to eat in the West Wing, like I HAVE to! :yay:
3. The Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party. This just looks like too much fun to pass up; desserts, great seating for fireworks, I mean, that's really all we need! pixiedust:
4. Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Can you tell we wanted t have a few character meals? Sis and I are HUGE Alice fans so this seemed fitting. Plus we all kinda need to taste the strawberry soup!​

That's about it, for now! What do you think?!

Got some very big news recently: sis is moving back to Florida!!:cool1:

Turns out she and her DBF have decided to mosey on back to the Southern State to persue their life together. Guess NYC wasn't their kinda town after all. While sis may not be moving back to Miami, just having her in the same state will be SO amazing!!

The best part? She's moving to Orlando!! So she'll be a mere four hour car ride away from us!! :thumbsup2 PLUS, how great will it be for DD to have an aunt living so close to WDW?!?!

Just had too share that wonderful bit of information, hope everyone is having a great day, should have a trip update soon! :flower3:

Following along from FB.

Love Love Love the childhood Disney pics, so precious!

I think it's super awesome that you gals are doing an all girl trip, how fun!

Congrats on your baby, the waiting, especially when you're so close is so hard. She will be worth the wait.

I bet your year of waiting for the trip will go by in a flash watching your little one grow. The first year of life is so incredible to watch and be a part of! How cool to have your sister moving back and at such an important time.

Loving all your plans so far and can't wait to read more!

Following along from FB.

Welcome! :wave2:

Love Love Love the childhood Disney pics, so precious!

I think it's super awesome that you gals are doing an all girl trip, how fun!

Thanks; it's been so long since we've gone to WDW as our original three I figured some throw back photos would be a fun look back.

Congrats on your baby, the waiting, especially when you're so close is so hard. She will be worth the wait.

I bet your year of waiting for the trip will go by in a flash watching your little one grow. The first year of life is so incredible to watch and be a part of! How cool to have your sister moving back and at such an important time.

Something tells me you are SO right! Waiting for our little one has seemed like an eternity these last few weeks. My pregnancy seemed to go by in a blink, until about two weeks ago when time seemingly, began to stand still! :faint: I just can't wait to meet her and hold her and watch her discover all the amazing things in this world!

Loving all your plans so far and can't wait to read more!

Thanks so much for joining, hopefully it'll be a fun year of planning and babies and all the wonders that go along with it! :cool1:

popcorn:: Hey! Followed you over from my PTR!

First off CONGRATS on the baby! I wouldn't feel bad leaving her for a grown up trip, with an aunt who will now be living so close to Disney I am SURE you will be taking her on MANY trips there over the years!! Better to leave her back now why she doesn't remember or care, rather than later once she realizes where you are headed off without her!

WOW! That's a lot of ADRs for 5 days! You guys are gonna be FULL! I am pretty sure that's exactly how I would do it for an adults trip too. After all, you can get so much more done without lugging around kids, stroller, diaper bags, doing rider swaps and etc. so that leave way more time for meals and R&R!!

I did the same thing for the FD this year too, I had already booked, because you HAVE TO get your ADRs and then I did the switcheroo to the resort that I wanted after we found out which ones qualified! Worked great!

Can't wait to read more!

popcorn:: Hey! Followed you over from my PTR!

Welcome! :wave2: and thanks for joining!

First off CONGRATS on the baby! I wouldn't feel bad leaving her for a grown up trip, with an aunt who will now be living so close to Disney I am SURE you will be taking her on MANY trips there over the years!! Better to leave her back now why she doesn't remember or care, rather than later once she realizes where you are headed off without her!

That's kinda how I'm starting to feel; now is the time to do it cause as she gets bigger and knows what Disney is I won't be able to get away clean!

WOW! That's a lot of ADRs for 5 days! You guys are gonna be FULL! I am pretty sure that's exactly how I would do it for an adults trip too. After all, you can get so much more done without lugging around kids, stroller, diaper bags, doing rider swaps and etc. so that leave way more time for meals and R&R!!

We are a food driven family. But even more than that we LOVE a good dining experience. I plan to be pleasantly full after this vacation!

I did the same thing for the FD this year too, I had already booked, because you HAVE TO get your ADRs and then I did the switcheroo to the resort that I wanted after we found out which ones qualified! Worked great!

Sweet! I'm glad to know we're not the only ones. With all the planning that is necessary these days not having that 180 window could really hinder one's ability to get an ADR.

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! I can't wait to have more to share!! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to say a big hello to everyone! I'm super excited for this trip! I've been pinning on pinterest like a mad woman, planning outfits, and scrapbooking ideas! I can't wait!

I'm looking forward to this journey I'm taking with my very own DBF Keith. Moving back to Florida will be a big change from busy NYC but I'm in need of a little break from the hustle and bustle.

I am playing around with the idea of letting the magic take over full time, with a job at WDW. Still on the early stages of that, so any help/advice is welcome!

I can't wait to update everyone as we plan more!!!

Well folks, in case you weren't sure post #15 is from my sis! With DD being being due on Monday :goodvibes it was time for sis to come on board and start sharing some plans too!

She'll be posting some info on here as well as myself, so keep an eye out for her. She's very new to the DIS so she can't post photos or anything, yet! I'm sure that in just a few days she'll have earned those ears and be able to fully participate with me on here. :cool1:

That being said, not too much else to update right now. Might have a few dining changes; specifically our 'Ohana dinner, but we're still working that out :confused3

I hope everyone is doing great with their plans and vacations and lives and such!! Can't wait to have something to report; Baby, Disney or otherwise! :rotfl2:

We spent this morning deciding on our DisneyBound themes for each day of our trip! This has been my favorite little piece of planning so far. I'll post pictures of our ideas as soon as I earn my ears. Only 5 more posts to go!

Here we are more than one year away from our trip to WDW. pluto:

The girls have already:
Created an itinerary:tinker:
Picked places to dine (I helped a little) :blush:
Are working on outfits :earboy2:
And are harassing me about getting involved :stitch2:

Sounds like a great time!! I would love a girls only trip, or an adults only trip. No updates in a while, you're probably busy with the new baby. :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more about your trip.

Sounds like a great time!! I would love a girls only trip, or an adults only trip. No updates in a while, you're probably busy with the new baby. :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more about your trip.

Busy with baby is right! Gonna do a quick update as soon as she falls asleep. :cutie:

Thanks for joining in!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter