Big kudo to BRobson

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Jackie just listened to the podcast and heard the team opening up your parcel of scottish fayre. Sounded delicious and what a wonderful idea :)

Think any gifts I send from here might be a touch whiffy :rotfl:

Jackie just listened to the podcast and heard the team opening up your parcel of scottish fayre. Sounded delicious and what a wonderful idea :)

Sending haggis, are we?

When wrapped properly, I think a really good single malt will travel well! :drinking1 No offending odors from a single malt. At least none that I can remember.

Sending haggis, are we?

I can just hear Kevin and John asking... what is in this :scared1: I suspect that this beloved food stuff would get stopped by USA customs as it is currently a restricted product :confused3

No I was more thinking Langoustines, prawns, squid :goodvibes

Traditional Haggis Recipe

1 sheep's pluck (stomach bag)
2 lb.. dry oatmeal
1 lb. suet
1 lb. lamb's liver
2 1/2 cups stock
1 large chopped onion
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, Jamaica pepper and salt
Boil liver and parboil the onion, then mince them together. Lightly brown the oatmeal. Mix all ingredients together. Fill the sheep's pluck with the mixture pressing it down to remove all the air, and sew up securely. Prick the haggis in several places so that it does not burst. Place haggis in boiling water and boil slowly for 4-5 hours. Serves approximately 12.

If you are sending this....send it to Bob

2 lb.. dry oatmeal
1 lb. suet
1 lb. lamb's liver
2 1/2 cups stock
1 large chopped onion
Boil liver and parboil the onion, then mince them together. Lightly brown the oatmeal. Mix all ingredients together. Fill the sheep's pluck with the mixture pressing it down to remove all the air, and sew up securely. Prick the haggis in several places so that it does not burst. Place haggis in boiling water and boil slowly for 4-5 hours. Serves approximately 12.

Is this served with waffles?

Surely you have to try it before you can decide ;)

I was actually making snarky reference to the "chicken and waffles" debacle.

I was staying ahead of the curve by not only letting people know that I know what it is....but that I have the recipe.

And to respond to your comment.....I can say with almost 100% certainty that I am not going to like anything that needs to be sewn into a sheep's stomach and boiled for 4 hours.

Not even Hershey's Kisses

And I cant sew.

I can say with almost 100% certainty that I am not going to like anything that needs to be sewn into a sheep's stomach and boiled for 4 hours.

Sheep's stomach and Hershey's Kisses...

Yep, that effectively rivals the chicken and waffles combo.

I was actually making snarky reference to the "chicken and waffles" debacle.

I was staying ahead of the curve by not only letting people know that I know what it is....but that I have the recipe.

And to respond to your comment.....I can say with almost 100% certainty that I am not going to like anything that needs to be sewn into a sheep's stomach and boiled for 4 hours.

And I cant sew.

Not a great fan of the whole Haggis thing myself!!! So I wont send you some next time then :lmao: Washed down with a good Malt Whiskey it wouldnt be so bad would it :)

2 lb.. dry oatmeal
1 lb. suet
1 lb. lamb's liver
2 1/2 cups stock
1 large chopped onion

Now you are just teasing me Kevin :goodvibes Add black pudding ;) and I'm anybodies :rotfl:

By the way couple of hours tops for boiling the haggis :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter