Big Pine Key Building

Just studios, specifically Resort Studios, which is the DVC name for a GF hotel room that has a microwave oven and slightly different colors than the other GF hotel rooms.

Just studios, specifically Resort Studios, which is the DVC name for a GF hotel room that has a microwave oven and slightly different colors than the other GF hotel rooms.
Thank you. So the only building with all 3 room types is probably the main DVC building?

Also the BPK rooms are converted hotel rooms, so no kitchenette and instead of a fridge its a beverage cooler. Stayed in one last week. Those rooms truly are beautiful, and we didn't have any noise issues either. Haven't stayed in the main DVC building so can't compare.

Also the BPK rooms are converted hotel rooms, so no kitchenette and instead of a fridge its a beverage cooler. Stayed in one last week. Those rooms truly are beautiful, and we didn't have any noise issues either. Haven't stayed in the main DVC building so can't compare.
I just came back from staying at a lagoon view in BPK and it made me want to buy a Floridian contract so badly. I absolutely love that resort, my next stay will be most likely be at Poly to test out and see what contract I want to buy next.

I just came back from staying at a lagoon view in BPK and it made me want to buy a Floridian contract so badly. I absolutely love that resort, my next stay will be most likely be at Poly to test out and see what contract I want to buy next.
Omg same. But I talked myself off the ledge because BPK has pretty solid availability at 7 months. And I already missed out on that spanking summer promo already haha.

Edit: My next stay also includes the Poly...want to see if I'm a fan of staying at the resort before contemplating if I want to buy at the new tower.

Omg same. But I talked myself off the ledge because BPK has pretty solid availability at 7 months. And I already missed out on that spanking summer promo already haha.

Edit: My next stay also includes the Poly...want to see if I'm a fan of staying at the resort before contemplating if I want to buy at the new tower.
Me and you think alike, if that summer promo was still on today I would be on the phone with DVC right now

Any recommendations on room requests for big pine key lagoon view?
Last May we had a last minute 1 night reservation at BPK and although we only booked a standard view, I think they quietly upgraded us to a lagoon/theme park view. It was room 9342- so nice!

Attachments

• IMG_1058.jpeg
    IMG_1058.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1088.jpeg
    IMG_1088.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 22
Is there a way of knowing you are booking BPK, having two queen beds with two little kids was awesome.

Yes. If you book a "resort studio" it is in BPK. Deluxe studio, 1br, and 2br are in the original DVC Building.
Thank you, I usually use the DVC availability website and not the actual website. They don’t shoes that on there. Thank you for the info.

Thank you, I usually use the DVC availability website and not the actual website. They don’t shoes that on there. Thank you for the info.
Anytime! There are a huge number of resort studios compared to deluxe (like 5 to 1 or something like that) so if you see availability on that website it usually is the resort studios. Obviously need to check the actual website to confirm but resort studios are usually available at 7 months compared to 11 months for the deluxe.

Anytime! There are a huge number of resort studios compared to deluxe (like 5 to 1 or something like that) so if you see availability on that website it usually is the resort studios. Obviously need to check the actual website to confirm but resort studios are usually available at 7 months compared to 11 months for the deluxe.
Oh wow interesting, thank you for clarifying that!

Oh wow interesting, thank you for clarifying that!
No problem! BPK was a converted hotel building given to DVC so the whole building is just renovated hotel rooms under DVC. That's why there's no kitchenette. Whereas the original DVC building has a mix of deluxe studios, 1br, and 2br, so there are far less deluxe studios.

Does anyone know about a laundry room in BPK? How many machines are there and is it free for DVC member like in the VGF building?

Does anyone know about a laundry room in BPK? How many machines are there and is it free for DVC member like in the VGF building?
There is a laundry room at BPK. I can't remember how many machines, but it was 2 or 4. Free to DVC. and the whole building is DVC. Seems like it was first floor, but it might be second floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter