Big River Grille??

WDW Obsessed

Mouseketeer
Has anyone attended the Big River Grille in the past few months? I am looking at trying it out, but don't want to be suprised by anything. It looks reasonably good for a casual service type of place. I'm diggin' it because they have micro brews and it seems like my kind of place in general(pub style).

Just looking for tips, comments, and/or suggestions. I'm eyeing the Kobe burger and sirloin at the moment. :)

TIA!

-Derek

Has anyone attended the Big River Grille in the past few months? I am looking at trying it out, but don't want to be suprised by anything. It looks reasonably good for a casual service type of place. I'm diggin' it because they have micro brews and it seems like my kind of place in general(pub style).

Just looking for tips, comments, and/or suggestions. I'm eyeing the Kobe burger and sirloin at the moment. :)

TIA!

-Derek

BRG is owned and operated by the same company that runs the Rock Bottom and Gordon Biersch chains, if that gives you any additional context on what to expect.

BRG is owned and operated by the same company that runs the Rock Bottom and Gordon Biersch chains, if that gives you any additional context on what to expect.

I do love myself the Rock Bottom!!! I assume they do a beer flight as well then.? Can you compare the "normal" brews of Rock bottom aka lumpy dog etc to the ones posted on thier menu at Big River??

I ate lunch at Big River Grille about a month ago -- I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a casual meal. I had a caesar salad, which was pretty good, and my friends ordered burgers (not the kobe one though). They said the burgers were fantastic. I also got the beer sampler -- I think it was 7 3 oz. samples for around $7. Never been to Rock Bottom, so I can't compare.

TIA!

-Derek

We ate there last month. It is one of the restaurants we always eat at because you can sit at an outside table and watch the activity on the boardwalk. The beer is good and the food is okay. My husband had the hamburger, I can't remember if it was the Kobe one or not, and he said it was good, but nothing special. I had the salmon and it was okay. We will be back again. :)

The food is OK. Nothing bad, nothing great. I am not a beer drinker, so that aspect is lost on me. I thought the burgers, etc. were overpriced even by WDW standards.

I personally thought it was decent for a quick meal. We went a few months ago with a small group and all got the beer samplers and enjoyed them. The food is about par with what you might expect at a standard chain restaurant like Fridays or Chilis but it wasn't bad. It just wasn't specifically unique beyond the beers.

That's a bit suprising because the Rock Bottom has really good food. The Rock is a bit over priced, but I'm used to that since it's located in Boston.

Anyone gone to both RB and BRG? Have a comparison?

Thanks again all!

We have BRG in Chattanooga and Nashville (which is why we don't eat there at Disney---why eat somewhere we can eat at home?), but BRG is one of our favorite places to eat when we go to Chattanooga on day trips (which is quite frequently as we like to watch the Lookouts during baseball season). DH loves the microbrews....especially the maibock. If Disney's BRG food is anything like the food at the others, then just about anything you order is bound to be good. (Disney's menu has a lot of same items as the ones here, just not as extensive a menu. We like the ones here because they have so much variety that there is always something for everyone.)

We ate there two weeks ago - DH loved the beer - we both thought that the food was just OK - service was not great and we were there just a few minutes after opening. Several days later we stopped by about 1:30 PM so we could sit out on the boardwalk and order apps and beer. We were told that there would be a 30 minute wait - several tables were vacant so the issue must have been staffing. We left and went on into Epcot and grabbed food/beer there.

This restaurant does not rate high but we will be eating here. We like the pub atmosphere. Can't go too wrong with a burger and a few beers. After all, it is vacation :)

TIA!

-Derek

Revisited in October after a long absence. Good for beer and a burger. Nothing world class, but decent enough that we'll be back.

I ate there thanksgiving week in 2012.

Walked right in with no adr for lunch. Good food. Cheap for disney. I had the chicken nachos appetizer for my meal and loved it. Had a micro brew and it was good. Others had burgers and sandwiches and everyone said their food was good.

I say try it. Its not fancy, but i feel like its a hidden gem

On Yelp this place gets horrible reviews. I been dying to try it but the reviews scare me.

I'll be going either way as I love the Rock Bottom. I'm more of a pub guy anyways, so I could care less about the reviews. My guess is most people are expecting much more than what it really is. :)

We ate there Feb 25. I have a Big River Rewards card and we really like it......usually. This time the nachos were not as good as other times. The grilled chicken sandwich was very close to being undercooked. The BBQ burger was very good and cooked to order. The service was slow and DS was almost done with the burger when our chicken sandwich finally came. We all had a stomach ache after, but I will say it was our first day and we only slept about 3 hours so that might have been why our stomachs were queasy. Usually I would give this place high marks (you can see my other posts!) But you asked for a recent review. DS and DDIL really like the rocket red beer!

We've been a few times and have enjoyed it each trip. We like to sit outside on the boardwalk. On one visit, they had special fish tacos and those were excellent. Rest of food is just "fine" - nothing special. We enjoy the micro brews. Service has always been fine to good.

Sounds like most people enjoy the fact they have micro brews. I'm thinking all of us get sick of the classic beers around the rest of Disny. I'm NOT a fan of Bud products, so I'll have ANYTHING else(while not at WS or DTD). LOL So.......I was inticed to eat at BRG this time around because of this.

Sounds like most people enjoy the fact they have micro brews. I'm thinking all of us get sick of the classic beers around the rest of Disny. I'm NOT a fan of Bud products, so I'll have ANYTHING else(while not at WS or DTD). LOL So.......I was inticed to eat at BRG this time around because of this.

check out this website for options outside of bud/miller/coors:
http://beersandears.net

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter