• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big Thunder Ranch BBQ

dadzgirl70

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

I am trying to plan our meals in DL during October with my DH, DS13 & DS8. I have been to DL many times, but have never been to the BBQ. I've seen others post about it and mention things like children on stage dancing, etc.

I've checked all over the place and can't really find out exactly what entertainment this location provides. I am also curious about the lunch and it's times.

Would love to hear everyone's experiences, good or bad, so that I can make a educated choice.

As always, thanks in advance of your advice.

Entertainment tends to be a singer or two up front on a guitar. I do not remember seeing dancers. It has been pretty casual every time we have been therre. Don't get your hopes up.

This is a great spot for a meal - we love it. It is not a "lunch," per se - it is a sit down restaurant - outdoors - with long wooden tables and checkered clothes. The food is served family style and the ranch opens at 11 am - not sure what time it closes - it is also seasonal, so call ahead if it is winter time. There is occassional entertainment, with a pianist and a singer - they tell some jokes and will ask kids to come up and dance, but it is not a show in the traditional sense - and they work in 15 to 20 minute shifts - NOT continuous, so it is just random if you get to see them.

The food is simple barbeque chicken and ribs, served in buckets, with corn in the evening, but at noon hour, just beans and cornbread - plus some slaw. All you care to eat so a good value.

To us it is totally worth it, but we are a horse oriented bunch with love for the old, faux western legends.

We went with 2 other families, so a lot of people and it's all you can eat which was a huge plus in our book as we had several hungry, growing tweens who love ribs.

But they were really stingy on bringing food out, we'd get a few buckets, but not enough for the whole table, unless everyone only took one little thing (would you like a piece of corn or a piece of chicken for lunch?). So we had to wait and flag down the server for more so that the whole table could eat. It took them a bit of time to bring it out, and again it wasn't enough for the whole table. So the people who were able to eat at the start were done and ready for seconds while the other half of the table was still waiting for firsts. I didn't eat anything until asking for a third time to just refill the chicken.

The entertainment wasn't anything that the older kids found interesting but the younger kids enjoyed it. But I don't think we'd return here again, buffets let us all eat at once and offer more variety.

We didn't have the greatest experience here. We were sat as far in the back as possible with no view of the stage. Not really sure what the entertainment was. Our service was extremely slow and poor. We did not receive all the food items. At this time I cannot remember what was missing, but I recall it was one of the main items. I'm sure most have a better experience than we had, but I'm just reporting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter