Big upgrades?!

In all my trips, I have never had an upgrade. i have reservations for October along with another family. We both just got upgrades from a value resort to a moderate!
I spoke to soon. The family we are traveling with for an upgrade. We didn’t. This really sucks. I know pixie dust is random, but dam! Now our kids can’t even really hang out at the hotel together.

I spoke to soon. The family we are traveling with for an upgrade. We didn’t. This really sucks. I know pixie dust is random, but dam! Now our kids can’t even really hang out at the hotel together.
I'd at least call and ask...where are you booked and where did they get upgraded to? It'll probably be a no, but doesn't hurt to ask.

The only time we ever got upgraded resorts was during Covid...they were crazy good upgrades (Sports to Poly and another one Sports to 2 bedroom Kidani,) but that's been it.

Which value and which moderate? I had a message today from Disney re: my upcoming stay at All Star Music family suites. I was thinking it might be an upgrade? Haven’t returned the call yet. Are you staying at ASMusic?

Last edited:
Yes, they went from All Star Caribbean Beach. I already tried calling. Even though our reservations were linked in my MDE account, they weren’t I. Theirs so we are out of luck. It really complicates our vacation now:(

Yes, they went from All Star Caribbean Beach. I already tried calling. Even though our reservations were linked in my MDE account, they weren’t I. Theirs so we are out of luck. It really complicates our vacation now:(

Can they decline the upgrade? Seems to me the resort location is much less important than the interaction with family/friends.
I can't blame them for wanting to stay at a nicer hotel, & it would be awkward for the OP to request that they decline the opportunity. It is problematic, though. I'd try calling Disney again & explain how this impacts your vacation. If they're giving out so many random upgrades at the moment, then why not you, too, when the guests you're linked to were already upgraded? I'd call & ask to speak to someone at Guest Services, & not stop with the frontline phone CM who reads "it is not our policy" from a script.

Last edited:
I just switched from music to movies this morning, darn, I should have waited, what I really want is a skyliner resort!

I've never gotten a resort upgrade but I gotten a room upgrade a couple of times. Twice I was upgraded to club level and a suite at the Beach Club.
Same here. Upgraded to club level at Poly and Boardwalk in the past 😊

Lucky you! I honestly don't understand why they are moving people around in October. August and September yes, October makes me wonder?

My trip is Oct 16-21. Len Testa said in the Touring Plans podcast that they are doing it because the value resorts/cheaper rooms are all full and so they are moving people who have already committed to their vacation and giving them an upgrade while freeing up the cheaper rooms at the value resorts for more people to book.

We went in March and got an upgrade from Coronado (standard room) to the garden wing of the Contemporary. Huge upgrade for us, albeit due to complaining. When we arrived at the resort we found that almost every food place was closed. The marketplace was only offering pre boxed food and it turned out to be stale, lukewarm pizza for $5 a slice. They also wouldn't honor the refillable soda mug, that we'd purchased on the first half of our split, stay at any of the locations on site.

The final straw was getting to our room and finding we both had zero cell service (Verizon). The only other times that happened in the last year was a portion of central Wyoming I drove through and parts of Grand Teton national park. I wasn't expecting it in the largest theme park in the country. So I called and politely complained about the poor quality of food options (especially when you can't just walk to neighboring resort), the lack of notice that the food options would be almost non existent ( I expected reduced) and to see if we could switch to a room with better cell service (we both had remote work to do during the trip). They got back to me and offered a switch to a different hotel and gave us a choice of various deluxes. We chose the Contemporary as we'd just come from Yacht Club and were done with Epcot and HS for the trip. I'm thinking that scenario only happened due to so many rooms being empty due to the pandemic, so I don't expect anything like that ever again. It's going to be real hard to match that combo of hotels for a trip. Seven park days and the only day we weren't able to walk to rope drop was for our one day in AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter