Biggest Loser--SUMMER 2011 Challenge for Losers & Maintainers!

Hello, everyone! And hello, summer - FINALLY! I am not going to complain (yet) about how hot it is, I was so ready for sunshine. We got the pool filled today and we are looking forward to swimming to keep our cool. Bonus QOTD: I have been OP Monday and Tuesday. It was not easy - went to a cookout Mon. evening and everyone pushes you to eat more than you want to - but I stuck to my guns (except for one small taste of some casserole my friend insisted I try) I liked the quote from mikamah today!!! And I agree with her that there is always some "eating event" on the horizon. If you wait until after this or that, there will inevitably be something else on the calendar by that point!! I was always going to "start on Monday" , but any day will do!! Have a great Tuesday evening!

So true!

Hello Friends!

Today is another hot and humid day.:goodvibes It looks like my week off next wk is going to be nice and sunny too. I am thinking of taking Ryan to the pool a few days that week. He is finished with school on tuesday.:cool1:

Not much else other than work today and Ryan's tball game tonight. I guess thats enough for one day but looking at Pam's schedule it makes me feel bored.:lmao:

Good luck getting it all done and keeping sane Pam!

I took today off in order to NOT go insane. I'm sure that the school is cursing me right now, but I was just NOT going to get it all done AND work today. That is why I have a job that is so flexible!

I'm here!!!! Again!! LOL

I've been reading (skimming) but haven't posted much. I've been sick all weekend so I've been laying low.

Well, 2 more weeks til everyone is out of school, yay!!! Then we start getting up at 5:30 instead of 7 to take DS14 to Cross Country practice, boo!!
SO the little kiddos and I will be running every morning to train for the Family 5K at WDW in October.

Yesterday I had a parent/teacher ask if I've lost weight!! YES!!!!!! She said I looked great! WOOHOO!!! :woohoo: She made my day!
I did slide on a pair of 14 shorts yesterday as well. They were tight in the butt, but I could button them! :banana: I didn't wear them though, because we were going to be sitting down and I didn't want to pop a seam! LOL
I have size 16 shorts on today, and they are ones I wore to WDW with Pamela, and they fit a little better now then they did in May.
So while I haven't lost much in the way of pounds I must be losing inches.

And I've been wearing my pedometer every day, wow!! There are days when I barely hit 3000 steps then there are days (like yesterday) that I hit 5000 before 10. The days I hit 3000 I walk around the house til I get at least 5000. LOL I'm aiming for 10,000 to 15,000 a day, which I know I can hit if I run.

OK, must get off this thing. I have a scrapbook swap that is due Friday and I have yet to finish! Gonna have to over night everything. $$$ Ouch!

OK, y'all have an awesome hump day!!!!!!

WOOHOO on the smaller shorts! Inches down is great!

Is it 5:30 am EVERY DAY?? I know that when DD has summer swim we are up pretty early, but it is only 2-3 days/week. And I (like you) try to make my best use of time and run while she is swimming. Then we are both done with our exercise and the day is still young! Bet you can't WAIT until he can drive himself!!

Hi Dona! My knee is doing pretty good.:goodvibes It's only bothering me now when I run, and then it's very minimal--like a dull ache. I am so happy it is getting better! I do wear running shoes most of the time--except at work. I bought two pair of good running shoes and that's what I walk around in now. My ankle gets pretty sore if I'm in sandals too much--minor strain. Hope it's not too humid!

Ankle troubles too?? You've had too much bad luck lately!

Hi Pamela! Glad you got some exercise in!

It wasn't enough, but at least it was better than nothing!

Yep. I have some issues and they weren't sure the bifocal contacts were going to work. So my left eye is just not corrected to see as far so that I can read and my right eye is corrected to see distances. I have regular glasses for when I don't have my contacts in. It was weird at first and some days it works better than others, but for the most part I have been pretty happy with it. I still can't read teeny tiny print with my contacts in or pluck my eyebrows:rotfl: but that's ok. I can do most things and I have managed to avoid reading glasses for at least another year or two.:goodvibes

So, I slept awful--don't know what that was about. But I got up and did a little bit of yoga and stretching and then went to the park and ran 4 miles (run 4 min, walk 30 sec.). Boy it was hot and humid! Which I think is good cause it really slowed me down. I think I ended up just under 11 min miles. My knee did pretty good--just got a little sore. I go to the chiropractor this afternoon.

I never answered yesterday's QOTD. I am trying to be On Plan. And I am doing pretty well. But not great. I feel like I am self-sabotaging a little bit, cause I know if I am not careful I will start this challenge outside of my maintain range--and I don't know if I have been outside of my maintain range (except for a day or two after getting back from vacation) since I went to maintain last September. I typed up the third day of my trip report last night and that was really theraputic. And something Corinna said yesterday helped me to feel a little better about things. Suffice it to say eating meat free/wheat free gets old and I've been struggling a bit--which brings back that whole throw in the towel attitude. BUT I am NOT throwing in the towel! I can't afford to gain weight back cause I would have to buy all new clothes--again!:thumbsup2 How's that for a motivator!

Self-sabotage..... what is it about that? We ALL do it to ourselves at one time or another. Some of us sabotage ourselves with exercise (or lack of), some with food, others with procrastination. I guess we all have our "demons" we struggle with.

Have you ever considered finding a nutritionist that can help you with some new recipes or meal plans?

Just a reminder, here is what I have for the coaching schedule:

6/3/2011 Rose
6/10/2011 Pamela (pjlla)
6/17/2011
6/24/2011 Nancy (dumbo_buddy)
7/1/2011 Sue (dvccruiser76)
7/8/2011 Lindsay (mommyof2pirates)
7/15/2011 Kathy (mikamah
7/22/2011 Cam (keenercam)
7/29/2011 Dona (donac)
8/5/2011 Lisa (Liesel)
8/12/2011 Maria (Worfiedoodles)
8/19/2011 Lisa (lisah0711)
8/26/2011 Kristi (KristiMc)
9/2/2011 Shawn??

Pamela has graciously volunteered to coach the week of the 17th, BUT it would be awesome if someone else could step up and take it. I hate to have Pamela have to do two weeks in a row.

Please let me know if you can help out. Thanks!:goodvibes

I've been kind of lazy this week, but just a reminder, this is what the QOTD should look like to make it easy for Lisa to post in the archive post. The color, etc isn't so important, but the date really helps to find them and put them in order. Here's today's question.:goodvibes

QOTD Wednesday, June 1--What did you have for breakfast? Do you regularly eat breakfast?

Have a great day!:goodvibes

Never miss breakfast! Now that I am watching my carbs it is usually eggwhite omelet with a bit of veggie (spinach, broccoli, onion, peppers, whatever is in the fridge) and some lowfat cheese, plus a cup of coffee or my morning hot drink. Otherwise it varies..... steel cut oats with a bit (and I do mean BIT) of brown sugar and almond milk, sandwich thin or light english muffin toasted with natural peanut butter, fruit and organic yogurt.

nice work on the food and working out! 45 min is a long time for me so i'm proud of ya! :)

Awww... thanks!

june 1 is a great start date to get back on the wagon :)

thomas is obsessed with "coo coos" aka choo choo trains so we're having a thomas the train themed party for him. it'll just be at the beach club clubhouse (nothing fancy, literally an old house that is just a one room party room). we're doing pizza and cake from 2-5. last year we went all out and spent WAY too much money on personalized invitations, catering, etc etc so this will just be a low key event.

First birthdays are supposed to be over the top, right?

well, like lindsay i'm happy to report that so far i'm on plan. and it's only 11:30! lol! hey, gotta start somewhere, right?

i got some decent exercise in today. i jogged 2 miles really slowly and then walked another mile and a half or so. in total i moved my butt for an hour. that's gotta be a good thing, right?

QOTD: i tried a new breakfast today. i found it on the herbalife website (my friend has just lost 30 lbs on that plan!). corn tortillas, egg whites, morningstar soy sausage patties crumbled up and a little avocado. rolled it all up in a breakfast burritos. had three of them since the tortillas were only 50 calories each. not bad! of course, i could have gone for like a pound of cheese in there but decided against it.

i'm off to lay thomas down for a nap, have a salad for lunch, and start writing out some invitations. i have to run over to the rectory to put in an ad for the bulletin about next year's mommy and me.

hugs everyone!

That breakfast sounds yummy.... I love avocado!

I am on-plan right now. I think I've "waited" long enough!

Today was Kashi Go Lean cereal with 1 Tbls sliced almonds and skim milk. I always eat breakfast. I try to put it off long enough to finish getting ready for work first, but I prefer to have breakfast pretty much as soon as my feet touch the floor every morning.

Something that I've started this week is trying to read at least a little bit of a fitness book each day and I'm starting with "Winning by Losing". The truth is, I don't expect to really learn anything earth-shattering, but I thought it might be an effective way to engage my brain in this process. Even if all I come away with is a couple new tips, it couldn't hurt.

Actually, I've already come across something that is new to me: Having a DAILY goal/reward. I have decided that my daily goal is to completely and honestly record all of my food. I generally do fine with this when I'm on-plan but when I go off-plan, I just don't write it down - like it didn't happen if I didn't record it...? Yeah. Okay. So, that's my daily goal. But... a daily reward??? A couple examples from the book are a bubble bath, uninterrupted favorite TV show, order out dinner for a night off from cooking. I'm sorry, but in the real world, those sound more like weekly rewards to me - who has that kind of time DAILY? I'm thinking that a list of different reward options would probably be best; How motivating could it be to have the same reward EVERY day?

So, what do you think? A daily reward that isn't food, doesn't take time we don't have, doesn’t cost enough to speak of and will motivate enough to strive for the goal...? Suggestions? :confused3

How about something tiny daily, like a sticker or a dollar (I think LTS was talking about something like this)? When you get to a certain number of dollars or stickers, then you splurge on something bigger or more time consuming??

Everyone from Massachusetts please check in when you can. confirmed tornadoes in the area!!
Please keep those ins southern Mass and Rhode Island in your thoughts!!

My parents called from PA (they are visiting my brother) to let us know that their neighbors had called them and apparently there was a (suspected) tornado touchdown right in their neighborhood! But I guess their house is okay... but their road is closed.

Most of the devastation seems to be out toward Western MA.... Springfield College (where DD just swam this past weekend:eek: ) was hit really hard.

Rest of my family in MA is okay. Cousin lives in Brimfield, where one of the fatalities happened. I'll txt her today to double check on them.

Stayed south of us though we have had lots of thunder. Only a tiny bit of rain! One loud crack of thunder that scared the life out of me!

Friend in Shrewsbury is huddling in the basement with her pets right now! She says it's really bad. Hoping it misses Redwalker in Ashland. Her DH is on his way home. Heard from a friend in Springfield and she and all of her family are ok. Amazing video on youtube from W. Springfield.

I was thinking of you because I know you have anxiety issues because of the trees on the house in the past. Glad you seem to be okay.

Slightly OT, but I didn't realize Redwalker lived in Ashland. I lived there for about 2 1/2 years after college. Small world.

I think Sue is the one closest to Kathy, I'm about 35 miles from them. The storms seem to be headed our way, but it's just dark and humid for now.

I told the pastor I was not driving over for the meeting tonight. It's a 20 minute drive each way, and I'm not going to be exposed like that.

I'm watching closely and will round up the troops and head to the basement if things get closer...

Maria :upsidedow

Glad you are okay too!

Hi everyone. We are safe here in northeast MA. Just lots of clouds, wind and thunder. Sorry I didn't pop on earlier, I was riveted to the news, and ds was watching netflix on the computer. You all are so sweet to think of us.

Hope everyone else is safe and sound near the storms.

My sil works in springfield right near the bridge where the tornado formed, and I spoke with my brother and she had the day off and went to the Red Sox and was on the way home when the storms hit, so she's at a MA pike rest stop waiting them out. Unbelieveable damage in springfield. So scary. Praying there is no loss of life. Michael went out and got our bike helmets because he heard about a boy in Joplin who had worn his bike helmet into the basement with him, and it probably saved his life.

Welcome to all the new challenge members. It's great to meet some new dis-sers, and get some more inspiration this summer.

I'm not off to a good start yet, but I guess officially we don't start til friday, so I'll cut myself some slack. Love todays' qotd, but am embarrassed to give my answer. I had a chobani yogurt, and then did a 2 mile walk/run. Went to ds's school for the walkathon, and got a dunkins ice coffee after, with 2 glazed donuts. Why 2? One isn't enough? It's one of the specials, 2 donuts w/ coffee, just no ds with me to eat the second one.
I need to start journalling again. That is a big help to me.

:hug:hugs to all who need them. Hope and pray all are safe tonight. :hug:

Sorry about the donuts.

Glad to hear you are safe and sound.

Wow, a girl starts a new job, runs 5 lacrosse teams, goes camping for a 3 day weekend then starts new 10 hour days at said new job and a new thread pops up with 11 pages :eek: I don't have time to catch up, but you can count myself and dh (kitchensinkguy) in for the summer challenge. I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel as things are ending for the year and I'm settling into the new job nicely. Tomorrow is my last work day for the week (gotta love permanent 3 day weekends).

:eek: God BLESS you girl! I don't know how you do it all! I hope the new job is working out well. YEAH for 3 day weekends!!

Housework. Seriously. :) I have a telescoping ladder and I was all psyched to get some things off my to-do list... #1, climb the ladder and change a lightbulb/repair a chandelier (it's a better story if I just tell the lightbulb part!) Anyway, the ladder telescoped with me on it! I landed on my feet after a drop of less than 2 feet... and somehow that was enough to break both bones in my calf, down near the ankle, requiring surgery and steel plates and screws and frankenstein scars and and and... And I'm much better now :) The bones are fusing well, but even if they hadn't, I've got so much metal now I'm practically bionic!:rotfl: It's the meaty parts--the muscles and tendons, that are taking forever to rehabilitate... And the chandelier remains broken, because no way am I going back on that evil ladder, ever!

And for QOTD... today I had some apple slices my daughters didn't finish, but it depends on the day.

And for other, bonus, QOTD, I started today, because if I waited until Friday, my first WW weigh-in (on Monday) would probably be pretty uninspiring... :)

Um....yup... ladders are the DEVIL's work!! (My DH had a terrible ladder-related accident this fall.) Glad that your ankle was able to be repaired. Hire someone to fix the chandelier.

*************Happy Thursday morning friends!

Would you believe me if I told you I started reading and catching up here at 5:45 am this morning?? I DID! And now, after a bit of impromptu exercise (mean Mom made DS walk to bus stop with her and then I ran home), two kids fed and out the door, breakfasts made and cleaned up, lunches packed, gas in car, etc, etc. I am FINALLY finishing here!!

I was scheduled to work today, but in reviewing my "to do" list for tomorrow's relay, I realized that there was NO WAY I had time to do it all unless I didn't work today.... so I am considering it a full day's pay donation to Relay! I hate calling in, but I know it will save my sanity (and tonight's sleep) in the long run.

I've also got to get some groceries in the house! DD and I had steel cut oats for breakfast cause we are out of eggs. I made a chicken salad for her lunch with some leftovers from last night and I packed the last apple and some nuts along with it for her lunch. The only thing left for DH to have for an on-plan breakfast would be coffee and a low carb pita pocket and some ham and cheese. Not sure if he will want that. If he doesn't, it might be might be my lunch.

Half a bag of baby carrots, a handful of (probably too old) baby spinach, a few onions, and 1/4 c of blueberries is the extent of our produce. Time to hit the market!! Plus the kids have had to go without allergy meds this week..... bad mommy!!

I'm gonna check on email, run the vac around the house, throw dinner in the crockpot and the head out on my errands! I'll pop back on later to see how everyone is doing!................P

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Deb, glad the new job is going well and you gotta love those 3 day week-ends! ::yes::

CC, glad that you made it home safely yesterday! :flower3:

Em, glad that you had a good run! :thumbsup2

Tracey, glad the storms passed you by! :hug:

Zhoen, that was some accident that you had. Glad that you are doing better now! :goodvibes

Lindsay, sorry about the foggy day. :hug: I would definately check out a membership at the pool. A family membership might be fun. Cross-training in the pool is good for running! :goodvibes

Sign me up for this challenge! My sister in law is getting married in September and I am not going at my present weight. The hard part will be finding the motivation to work out when our temps finally get where they are supposed to be--over 100:scared1: I must say I am very grateful that it has been unseasonably cool so far...

:welcome:

Princess Nancy, sorry for the stressful day! :hug: And pixiedust: for your DS.

I'd like to join too. I've lurked for the last challenge and figured I could use all the help I can get.

:welcome: and good job coming out of lurkdom! ::yes::

Do I still have time to join? I don't know really what to do, except that I want to lose weight.

As Buffy said, it's never to late to join a BL challenge. Read the first post in this thread -- it has lots of good info and ask questions. This is a friendly group! :thumbsup2

I'd like to join in! I've always been a little overweight but since I started college in Fall '09 I gained the freshman 15...and then some. :rolleyes1 I want to look my best for Disney in October and this seems like a motivational way to do it.

:welcome: Thanks for joining our challenge!

Hi Donac! :wave2: Thanks for being weightkeeper! :flower3:

Nothing exciting happening here. I was supposed to run/walk with a friend but she cancelled, so I let ds sleep late, and I'll walk him to school, and then do a few more miles after. It looks like a beautiful day here. Thinking of everyone affected by the tornados and storms, and the devastation. It's so surreal to see it all so close to home.

Have a great day.:)

Enjoy that walk this morning. I'm glad that you guys are safe. I loved Michael's idea about the bicycle helmet. I'll remember that one when we are in Iowa this summer! :thumbsup2

Pretty comfortable with it. It's just a number and a starting point. ************************

I've been pulling inspirational quotes all night.
Rose, if it's ok I will try to post one every day (we'll see how many I can find)

Friday I'll also be starting the organization challenge.

So true, Buffy, it's a number, it's not who you are! :goodvibes

If you do a search in the WISH forums you may be able to find the post LuvBaloo did with a lot of inspiring quotes. Also, sparkpeople.com has bunches and bunches of them.

I wish this is what my PM would look like.:lmao:

I am a bit embarrassed due to how much I gained back, yet relieved that it will be my starting point. I am also excited because I feel like I can start fresh again.

I am a bit down this morning because I am wearing pants I havent worn in a few weeks and they are really tight.:sad2: I hope in a few weeks they will feel good again.

Lots of work to do today. Its my last day in the office before my week off. Tomorrow I am out at a conference all day.

I will talk to you all later tonight!

Bummer about the pants, Lindsay. :hug: I hate it when that happens. You'll be headed back in the right direction in no time at all.

QOTD Thursday, June 2
How do you feel about stepping on the scale for the first weigh in tomorrow?

No big deal -- I weigh myself everyday so it should not be a big surprise.

Have a great day all!

Ok, here's what will happen tomorrow. Please take a sec to read. :goodvibes

Tomorrow is our first weigh-in.

Sometime between tomorrow and probably Sunday, PM your weight to donac. Dona will let us know what the cutoff day is.

It should look something like this in the subject line:
6/3/11 139.6

If you put your weight in the subject line it makes it easy for Dona to find. If you need to send her a message, you can put that in as well, but put your weight in the subject line.

If you are a maintainer, let donac know what your maintain weight will be. For me it's 138. So I am maintaining if I am between 136 and 140.

Each week you will send donac your ACTUAL WEIGHT. Not how much you have gone down or up.

If you are going to miss a weigh in you can let donac know and she will mark you excused.

That's it. Pretty simple.:goodvibes

Thanks for the "refresher" for us "oldies"! I kind of needed that!!

QOTD Thursday, June 2

Actually.... I'm feeling encouraged. I am "feeling" like I am down a bit this week, even though the exercise hasn't been going as planned. I know it will be a struggle to get into the 120's again (since it took over a year of bouncing around the same 5 pounds to get there in the first place), but I am determined to get back there!

Nothing exciting happening here. I was supposed to run/walk with a friend but she cancelled, so I let ds sleep late, and I'll walk him to school, and then do a few more miles after. It looks like a beautiful day here. Thinking of everyone affected by the tornados and storms, and the devastation. It's so surreal to see it all so close to home.

Have a great day.:)

Glad you were able to get out even though your friend bailed on you. I made DS walk to the bus stop (just .5 mi) and you would have thought I sentenced him to 5 years in solitary! Oh well... he made it. I carried his back pack about half way for him, but he wanted it back before we got to the actual bus stop..... he said it would be embarrassing to be seen having his MOM carry his bag!!:laughing: He let me do it, but at least knew enough to be embarrrased about it!!

Pretty comfortable with it. It's just a number and a starting point.

I've been pulling inspirational quotes all night.
Rose, if it's ok I will try to post one every day (we'll see how many I can find)

Friday I'll also be starting the organization challenge.

WOOHOO for inspirational quotes!! (What is it about something that SOMEONE else says? Why can't we be inspired by what we say to ourselves??).

I can't WAIT to start with the organizational challenge! Too bad Friday will be crazy for me! I'll definitely find time on Saturday to pop on and check it out.

****DD's swim coach had offered to work on the trail mix with me today and I originally said no because I was going to work. When I decided NOT to work I texted her and told her that I would love to get together to work on the trail mix... but I never heard back. And now I called and left a message and still nothing. ooops. Not sure what to do it about it now. I would just do it myself right now, but she has bought some of the supplies for it and has the baggies. Hopefully she will get back to me soon. I wanted to touch base with her, arrange a time to work on it, then run out to the grocery store, etc. Well... I guess the day is still young.

Gonna run!..............P

QOTD Thursday, June 2

Not sure. I took my initial weight for WW yesterday, then, of course "peeked" today (like you're not supposed to... :)), and will weigh in for BL tomorrow... I bet the number tomorrow will be better than the number Wednesday (I hope)... but then Monday, if that number is higher than any of the Weds/Thurs/Fri numbers, I'll get bummed, even if it's lower than I started. Silly, I know, but it's like investing... if you buy for $1 and sell for $5, that's great, but you'll kick yourself anyway if it ever goes higher than $5 and you sold too soon or too late... :)

And the chandelier thing... yeah, DH was supposed to do it a lonnnggg time ago, and since he didn't ever get to it, I was going to do it (it's not a hard fix, just bad luck on the ladder) So either (a) he has to repair it (and he's scared of the evil ladder now too (b) HE can hire someone to take care of it (c) it remains broken forever... I'm really hoping he'll get off his heinie and go with B, but he's been out of town for the last month and a half, so I'll give him a little time ;)

Good morning all. I can't believe how much has been posted since yesterday. I'm going to try to stay caught up but it's hard with work, school, life in general.

QOTD.... I don't mind stepping on the scale, I just like to see a smaller number than the previous few days and if it goes up, I pray not more than a 1/2 pound.

QOTD Thursday, June 2

I'm disappointed because I have had a real gain since the last Challenge ended. But, a fresh start means a fresh number -- I don't have to embrace it, I can send it on it's way next week ;)

Pamela -- I am with you on the organizational challenge. I am ovewhelmed because there is so much I should do, I end up doing nothing, or half-doing 3 or 4 things. I know we are going to whistle while we work and have big smiles at our jobs well done! :thumbsup2

Lisa -- You have the right idea about weigh in. It's no big deal, it's a number, it not You! ::yes::

Lindsay -- I'm with you, I want Rose's pm! I know how hard she worked to make that happen, she earned it, and we can, too! :yay:

Buffy -- Inspiration sounds wonderful! I'm going to be looking for those quotes! :cheer2:

sparklespaz -- I can feel your excitement, you are ready to go! :cool1:

Kathy -- Goldfish are definitely evil! I just don't buy them unless we are on vacation. I don't know where they go, I can down a package without even realizing it :blush:

Deb -- So glad you are loving your new job! I knew it would be a good fit. :goodvibes

Dona -- I hope you have the good mowing weather. I would love for it to be a little cooler and comfortable in the morning, then warm up nicely for afternoons :cutie:

BronxNancy -- Thomas's party sounds just right. My ds's second birthday party was Blue, you probably don't remember Blue's Clues, or Bear in the Big Blue House. I am so dating myself! :rotfl: I can still sing the "7 days in a week" Barney song :music:

:welcome: to pjstevens, bellebookworm, Zhoen, all new Nancys, momofdjc, Princess Vija, mybestieismickey, glass1/2full, compkat, and anyone else I missed!

And :wave2: to Shawn, Tracey, Princess Nancy, CC, Connie, Karen, Cam, aamomma, LTS, Disneywedding 2010, and anyone else I missed!

I got up this morning and ran 3M. My breakfast and lunch are going to squish together. I have to leave my office at 11:45, so I'm just going to sort of eat a little until 11 and then have brunch. I'm definitely back to having issues with eating at night, so I have to get back on my "eat dessert and be done" plan, rather than wandering through the kitchen to see what might be on a counter :rolleyes1

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!

QOTD Thursday, June 2

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to it. I know I gained a few pounds at Disney. I'm still trying to find that motivation and momentum to get back on track. May was a very crazy month in this household.

QOTD-Well, I kow what the number will be so just plan to take it from there and get moving/eating better. Gotta start somewhere.

QOTD Thursday, June 2

Not going to be the highlight of my day. But I can't know if I'm losing if I don't have a starting point right?

I'm glad to hear that everybody weathered the storms okay. We had similar storms here a few weeks ago. We spent a couple hours in the laundry room (our only "interior" room with enough room for all three of us) but, while there were tornadoes sighted in several neighboring towns, they jumped over our little suburb completely.

Hi Connie! Still the hip is not healed? How frustrating! Is it the same stress fracture Kelly Ripa had? I'm glad you are back with us! I sent Taryn a message on facebook, but I haven't hear anything. I'd love to have you both back with us this summer!

I had to google the Kelly Ripa thing. I didn't know anything about that. It sounds like the same thing but I'm guessing that hers actually got better.

Is Taryn MIA too? I'd love to have her back. Does anyone hear from jenanderson anymore?

Hi Connie! :wave2: Nice to see you -- I've missed your "y'alls."

I missed y'all too! (That one is just for you.) :laughing:

Nothing like a tough question right off the bat, Connie! :lmao:

Here are some things that come to mind:
-- The ever popular but cheap gold stars on the calendar, or check marks or whatever floats your boat
-- Putting a $1 or something in a jar for a later reward.
-- Taking a few minutes for yourself whether you have it or not.
-- Giving yourself permission to take one thing off your to do list that day
-- Dis time! :cool2:
-- Writing in your journal
-- Glass of wine on the deck
-- Go to bed 30 minutes early
-- Bubble bath
-- Call or email a friend
-- Play a game on Facebook

Hmm, I will be interested to see what others suggest.

Thank you, Lisa! That is a great list. The hardest part is coming up with something that is very motivating, easy and NOT something that I'm gonna do anyway. :rotfl: I'm hoping that other folks might be able to share ideas, too, as we go along.

I am not very good at rewards. But I thought Lisa had a great list. I liked the $1 in a jar for a bigger reward later.:goodvibes

The $1 is my favorite idea. Too bad they have to come from my own bank. :lmao:

QOTD Thursday, June 2
Pretty good, really. I know my weight will still be a bit above where I was at the start of the Spring Challenge, but since I'm already "on-plan", I know it'll be lower than it was last week.

Hmmmmm. Tough one. Love lisa's list.

Lisa did good, didn't she?:thumbsup2 If you think of anything later, I'd love to see more ideas, too.

Hi Connie. So sorry the hip has taken so long to heal. That must be so frustrating for you. I hope the 6 weeks of rest is the trick you need.

I'm not looking forward to all the nosey "what happened to you?" questions once I get the crutches, but I am excited to be doing SOMETHING besides waiting.

Self-sabotage..... what is it about that? We ALL do it to ourselves at one time or another. Some of us sabotage ourselves with exercise (or lack of), some with food, others with procrastination. I guess we all have our "demons" we struggle with.

If I were to seek professional help with my weight-loss/maintenance process, I have come to the conclusion that a shrink would probably do me more good than a trainer or nutritionist. Not that I've tried any of those, but I'm certain my "issues" are more in my mind than in my body.

How about something tiny daily, like a sticker or a dollar (I think LTS was talking about something like this)? When you get to a certain number of dollars or stickers, then you splurge on something bigger or more time consuming??

The $1 thing is starting to take hold in my brain. I think that I might pick an iTunes album or a new Kindle book or something and "save up" for it by journaling my food every day. I should be able to buy myself something new every 10 days or so... not bad.

In the "goals" chapter in "Winning by Losing", Jillian suggests a long-term goal/reward, monthly, weekly and daily goals/rewards. My long-term goal (with no date attached) is my ultimate goal weight. I'll get there when I get there and my reward is a *serious* spa day, which is something I've never done.

My weekly goal is to exercise for a total of at least 2 hours (to increase in later weeks) and my reward is to buy myself (the cheapest) bouquet of fresh flowers at the grocery store this weekend. Flowers always make me smile but I never spend the money. I can split the flowers between work and home and feel proud of myself as I enjoy them during the week. And, hopefully, they will inspire me to earn new flowers for the next week.

Not sure what my monthly goal is yet. I would prefer that all scale-related goals don't have a target date, so I'd like this goal to be like the daily journaling and weekly exercise - a quantifiable action that contributes to my overall health and fitness. I'm pretty sure my monthly reward will be a mani or a pedi or a massage or a new outfit or something like that. Now I just have to come up with a goal to earn it! I'd love to hear suggestions if you've got 'em.

Have a great Thursday, y'all!

QOTD How do you feel about stepping on the scale for the first weigh in tomorrow?

I weigh in each week for Weight Watchers, so the number won't be a surprise for me.

Last night I walked 3 miles - it was very humid and woke up today a little puffy in the ankles. I weighed myself this morning and was up a little from Tuesday's WW weight, but I'm hoping that a lot of water and an OP day will make that go away. :thumbsup2

It is a beautiful day in New York today - no humidity and a nice breeze. I'm looking forward to tonight's walk ;)

- Laura

Finally just heard from my last western MA friend. He slept through the storm while his wife and daughter were at dance class. The tornado came within 20 ft of them though! They were shaken up but ok! Thank goodness!

QOTD: I'm actually looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. I started way up at the end of the weekend last week but am down below my starting weight from the last challenge! Wasn't sure after the stress of yesterday. I had a chicken sandwich and fries from Wendy's yesterday and then had a burger and hot dog last night followed by some TJs onion rings and then a Bud Light Lime. I walked about a mile or two yesterday so I guess that was enough to take care of that. WHEW!

Had my one client for the day and now I'm just hanging out. Hoping to get my nails done in a few minutes. Gotta pick up some books for the Cars2 Meet/GKTW fundraiser on my way home today. This afternoon I'm running over to see Ash's BFF's new puppy and drop off the last payment for dancing of this year!

It's beautiful here today! If I had time I'd take a walk but don't think that's going to happen. Not much else is new. Gotta book my flight to my Mom's tonight. They are going to the doctors at 12:30 I think so I will bookit after that. Hoping there will be lots of improvement by the time I go down. I also have to leave before my sister gets back from her trip and I know my sister's not happy about that but if I don't work I don't get paid. And I am leaving my family for a week. I've only been away from Izzie for 4-5 days at the most and Brian also needs to work. I have friends offering to help so I will probably use them for that. Luckily I have regular clients who understand my situation and will work around that. Hoping I don't miss any new clients.

Well, I'll check in later hopefully with an update on my mom!

TTFN :tigger:

QOTD Thursday, June 2

I am a little nervous. It's not so much about the number for me (I've refused to let my mom come to Drs. appts with me lately because she always makes a comment) as the fact that I feel unhealthy. But I know that I can make that number change, hopefully in a good way!

-Gretchen

Hi....(sheepish)....is it OK if I slink back in for the summer as a maintainer? I got lost in the shuffle and the spring break and the several shows demanding a lot of last-minute scrambling over the spring and the extra-large January group and all...but summer is different and somehow it doesn't feel like it would be right to go through the Summer without joining the BL challenge. :flower3:

I can't promise to be the most regular poster, but I'd like to be around more than I have been the past few months.

So here's what happened - after the WW revolution in November/December (when I'd been maintaining for almost a year), I tried and tried to make PointsPlus work for me, but... it turns out I can't handle Free Fruit. And people suggested modifications, etc. etc. Anyway, I switched over to MyFitnessPal.com and did 3 half marathons in 61 days (or some crazy thing), ended up with tendonitis, then went on a cruise and got and a little complacent and busy and ended up almost to the point where my clothes were not going to fit any more. I've reeled it back in again with the help of MFP and some WISH friends on that site and remembering "Hey, yeah, this isn't easy," and at least my pants fit comfortably again, though I'm at the top of my maintenance range still. It's amazing how much of a difference a few pounds can make at the end.

QOTD Thursday, June 2

Mixed. The scale and I have a regular appointment every morning and I have been tracking my weight on Mondays, but the week has been going well, and I did kind of prefer weighing on Fridays, so this might be a great opportunity to switch back. We'll see, I guess!

QOTD Thursday, June 2

i've been getting on the scale pretty much every day, even the day after a big binge. so i won't really be surprised tomorrow. obvs i'm not looking to lose weight but i do want to keep my weight gain to a really healthy one. i gained about 45 lbs with thomas and it took me until THE DAY BEFORE I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT WITH THIS BABY TO GET TO MY GOAL WEIGHT! let's not do that again ;)

:rotfl2: Go team Nancy!! Love it.

:lmao: You crack me up.

Love your dis name. Maybe you can be Nancylush. I could be called Kathylush many summer weekends.

lol. I've been known to down a package of cheddar blasted gold fish myself in an evening. I try to only buy the pizza flavored blasted goldfish because I think they smell gross and I will stay away.

LOL! now you are the one cracking ME up, kathylush! :laughing:

pizza flavored crackers? ew. i'd rather pizza flavored pizza! :)

QOTD Thursday, June 2

I'm both nervous and excited! I KNOW I'm not going to like what I see. :rotfl: But I'm ready to get started with this! I'm also trying to talk my mom into doing it. :goodvibes

i haven't clicked on it yet but i will definitely be reading your trip report in your siggie. the title alone sounds fun!

I wish this is what my PM would look like.:lmao:

I am a bit embarrassed due to how much I gained back, yet relieved that it will be my starting point. I am also excited because I feel like I can start fresh again.

I am a bit down this morning because I am wearing pants I havent worn in a few weeks and they are really tight.:sad2: I hope in a few weeks they will feel good again.

Lots of work to do today. Its my last day in the office before my week off. Tomorrow I am out at a conference all day.

I will talk to you all later tonight!

sorry about the pants. i know the feeling. they will fit well again!

I took today off in order to NOT go insane. I'm sure that the school is cursing me right now, but I was just NOT going to get it all done AND work today. That is why I have a job that is so flexible!

sometimes i miss not being back at work. i was in finance and it just was NOT flexible at all, especially with women and kids. oh well.

good for you for taking the day off! sounds like you won't be able to relax with all you have to do but hopefully it helps!

If you do a search in the WISH forums you may be able to find the post LuvBaloo did with a lot of inspiring quotes. Also, sparkpeople.com has bunches and bunches of them.

No big deal -- I weigh myself everyday so it should not be a big surprise.

Have a great day all!

oh, i always love a good inspirational quote! off to check for them!

BronxNancy -- Thomas's party sounds just right. My ds's second birthday party was Blue, you probably don't remember Blue's Clues, or Bear in the Big Blue House. I am so dating myself! :rotfl: I can still sing the "7 days in a week" Barney song :music:

I got up this morning and ran 3M. My breakfast and lunch are going to squish together. I have to leave my office at 11:45, so I'm just going to sort of eat a little until 11 and then have brunch. I'm definitely back to having issues with eating at night, so I have to get back on my "eat dessert and be done" plan, rather than wandering through the kitchen to see what might be on a counter :rolleyes1

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!

i always find myself opening cabinets and the fridge to find a magical cupcake that someone left in the kitchen. never can find it though...

my aunt gave me a bunch of DVDs that her kids used to watch - blues clues, bear in the house...and thomas doesn't like them! he might be a little too young yet? really he just wants something that involves choo choos. disney had a new show called chuggington. total rip off of thomas. so we watch that...it's so boring.

nice work on the three miles!! woot!

QOTD Thursday, June 2

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to it. I know I gained a few pounds at Disney. I'm still trying to find that motivation and momentum to get back on track. May was a very crazy month in this household.

hey, gaining a "few" pounds at disney is almost considered a loss with the amount of food i eat when i'm there! :)

i hope everyone's having a great day! today is absolutely gorgeous out and i'm thinking of taking thomas to the zoo once he wakes from his nap. my nerves are completely shot today so i think i could use a nice walk around the zoo....and maybe some ice cream ;)

i took thomas out in the jogger and jogged 2 miles and then walked about 1.5 miles. i'm struggling with just finishing the 2 miles but i suppose i have a couple excuses! (1. pushing a 25 lb toddler in a jogger and 2. i'm knocked up). glad i moved for an hour though. but i came back home and my stupid bulldog fiona had eaten a bunch of these disney-shaped crayons! i was so pissed! i'm really having a hard time with this dog. she has been eating everything and peeing in the house. she is jealous of thomas and doesn't get the attention she deserves. ugh.

anyway, so then we had our very last mommy and me class and the party. the thursday class is the last of the week. and the CRAZIEST one. there is a set of triplets, two sets of twins (and one of the twins has a little sister!) and then a few siblings. and for some reason the parents just don't parent their kids! this is mommy and me! not like, sit and drink your coffee while nancy babysits! we had a party for all the summer bdays and nobody helped clean, nobody helped dole out the food and drinks. i had to do it all! there were 22 kids! and my partner couldn't make it today so it literally was just me. GAH! then at storytime all the kids were SCREAMING! i actually stopped reading the book halfway through and just said, "ok everyone, thanks for coming. bye!" AND THEN NOBODY EVEN SAID THANK YOU FOR THE YEAR! nothing! what the heck?? i mean, i don't do this to be thanked but you'd think someone could be like, hey we appreciate it!

so, i'm just a little burned out today. at least it's nice out.

i'm really hoping that the september disney trip works out. i love planning and DISing and thinking about my upcoming trip. i'm really going to be sad if it doesn't work out.

QOTD Thursday, June 2

I've been weighing every couple of days so I know about what to expect. It's next week I'm not looking forward to. We are spending the weekend at the Dells for a baseball tournament. Unfortunately a lot of eating and drinking go on at the hotel with my son's team.

I'd like to join, if it's still open.

My name is Brook and I've lost 72 pounds so far with WW, but for the last few months I've really hit a snag. I've been exercising regularly, so I haven't really gained, but I haven't really lost either. I've just been lazy with the willpower and discipline. So, I'm hoping that the combination of WW and this group will get me over the edge and back on track consistently. I still have about 50 to go, so I need to get re-committed!

We moved to TX 3 years ago from MI and in July the kids and I (DD7, DS4) will be in MI for the whole month. I'm a little nervous about it because I'll be out of my normal routine and that's when I really have trouble. But, we'll be swimming, biking, kayaking, krunning and walking everyday, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

I'm currently signed up to run the Wine and Dine/Halloween 5K on Oct. 1st. It will be my first 5K ever and I'm pretty excited. I want a Disney race medal!

Thanks for setting all this up, I'm looking forward to having a successful summer!

Isn't that the truth? ::yes:: I don't know why we think we "deserve" to undo all our hard work and effort sabotaging ourselves. :confused3

And the chandelier thing... yeah, DH was supposed to do it a lonnnggg time ago, and since he didn't ever get to it, I was going to do it (it's not a hard fix, just bad luck on the ladder) So either (a) he has to repair it (and he's scared of the evil ladder now too (b) HE can hire someone to take care of it (c) it remains broken forever... I'm really hoping he'll get off his heinie and go with B, but he's been out of town for the last month and a half, so I'll give him a little time ;)

We have a tall chandelier, too, and we just have the electrician take care of it -- it's not worth getting hurt. When you do have someone fix it you may want to have them replace all the light bulbs whether they need 'em or not 'cause otherwise another will go out almost as soon as you are done -- Murphy's Law you know! ;)

Good morning all. I can't believe how much has been posted since yesterday. I'm going to try to stay caught up but it's hard with work, school, life in general.

QOTD.... I don't mind stepping on the scale, I just like to see a smaller number than the previous few days and if it goes up, I pray not more than a 1/2 pound.

Hi Patricia! :wave2: It is busy here at the beginning but the summer challenges really slow down so no worries!

I'm disappointed because I have had a real gain since the last Challenge ended. But, a fresh start means a fresh number -- I don't have to embrace it, I can send it on it's way next week ;)

Right here with you on a number that I don't care for but it will be gone soon enough! :flower3:

QOTD-Well, I kow what the number will be so just plan to take it from there and get moving/eating better. Gotta start somewhere.

There is a thread on the tech boards where you can get your post count up if you need to before it is time to PM your weigh in info. You're doing pretty good chatting here though! :goodvibes

QOTD Thursday, June 2

Not going to be the highlight of my day. But I can't know if I'm losing if I don't have a starting point right?

Hopefully tomorrow will the be last day you see whatever that number is! :hippie:

Is Taryn MIA too? I'd love to have her back. Does anyone hear from jenanderson anymore?

I missed y'all too! (That one is just for you.) :laughing:

Thanks for the y'all, Connie! :hug: I see posts from Taryn and jenanderson on Facebook so they are around just not here on the BL threads much. We'll have to see if we can get them to stop by and say "hi!"

I weigh in each week for Weight Watchers, so the number won't be a surprise for me.

Last night I walked 3 miles - it was very humid and woke up today a little puffy in the ankles. I weighed myself this morning and was up a little from Tuesday's WW weight, but I'm hoping that a lot of water and an OP day will make that go away. :thumbsup2

It is a beautiful day in New York today - no humidity and a nice breeze. I'm looking forward to tonight's walk ;)

- Laura

Nice job on the walk! :goodvibes Sorry about the ankles. One of my WISH friends suggests propping your legs on the wall after a long walk/run to help with fatigue -- maybe it would help your swelling?

Finally just heard from my last western MA friend. He slept through the storm while his wife and daughter were at dance class. The tornado came within 20 ft of them though! They were shaken up but ok! Thank goodness!

Glad that your friends are safe and hope you have some good news from your Mom today! :flower3: My BIL is celebrating that his chemo is done and he only has 16 more radiation treatments left.

I am a little nervous. It's not so much about the number for me (I've refused to let my mom come to Drs. appts with me lately because she always makes a comment) as the fact that I feel unhealthy. But I know that I can make that number change, hopefully in a good way!

-Gretchen

Sorry about the not so helpful comment thing, Gretchen. :hug: If it happens again tell your Mom to knock it off -- in a nice way, of course. No doubt someone made helpful comments to her too.

Hi....(sheepish)....is it OK if I slink back in for the summer as a maintainer? I got lost in the shuffle and the spring break and the several shows demanding a lot of last-minute scrambling over the spring and the extra-large January group and all...but summer is different and somehow it doesn't feel like it would be right to go through the Summer without joining the BL challenge. :flower3:

I can't promise to be the most regular poster, but I'd like to be around more than I have been the past few months.

So here's what happened - after the WW revolution in November/December (when I'd been maintaining for almost a year), I tried and tried to make PointsPlus work for me, but... it turns out I can't handle Free Fruit. And people suggested modifications, etc. etc. Anyway, I switched over to MyFitnessPal.com and did 3 half marathons in 61 days (or some crazy thing), ended up with tendonitis, then went on a cruise and got and a little complacent and busy and ended up almost to the point where my clothes were not going to fit any more. I've reeled it back in again with the help of MFP and some WISH friends on that site and remembering "Hey, yeah, this isn't easy," and at least my pants fit comfortably again, though I'm at the top of my maintenance range still. It's amazing how much of a difference a few pounds can make at the end.

QOTD Thursday, June 2

Mixed. The scale and I have a regular appointment every morning and I have been tracking my weight on Mondays, but the week has been going well, and I did kind of prefer weighing on Fridays, so this might be a great opportunity to switch back. We'll see, I guess!

Hi Corinna! :wave2: So nice to see you! :flower3:

my aunt gave me a bunch of DVDs that her kids used to watch - blues clues, bear in the house...and thomas doesn't like them! he might be a little too young yet? really he just wants something that involves choo choos. disney had a new show called chuggington. total rip off of thomas. so we watch that...it's so boring.

I hear ya, Nancy. :hug: But don't worry someday you will long for those quiet, boring shows after yelling for the hundredth time to turn down the loud ones Thomas will watch when he is older. And shame on those Mommy and Me Moms -- they obviously don't know how to be reliable, responsible or really useful. ;)

I've been weighing every couple of days so I know about what to expect. It's next week I'm not looking forward to. We are spending the weekend at the Dells for a baseball tournament. Unfortunately a lot of eating and drinking go on at the hotel with my son's team.

Have a good time! This might be a good time to make a plan for dealing with the goodies -- bring some fruit or use a smaller plate?

Is it too late to join in? I'm literally at my wits end here and this looks helpful!

:welcome: It's never too late to join a BL challenge. Is your name Nancy or Lisa by chance?

I'd like to join, if it's still open.

My name is Brook and I've lost 72 pounds so far with WW, but for the last few months I've really hit a snag. I've been exercising regularly, so I haven't really gained, but I haven't really lost either. I've just been lazy with the willpower and discipline. So, I'm hoping that the combination of WW and this group will get me over the edge and back on track consistently. I still have about 50 to go, so I need to get re-committed!

We moved to TX 3 years ago from MI and in July the kids and I (DD7, DS4) will be in MI for the whole month. I'm a little nervous about it because I'll be out of my normal routine and that's when I really have trouble. But, we'll be swimming, biking, kayaking, krunning and walking everyday, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

I'm currently signed up to run the Wine and Dine/Halloween 5K on Oct. 1st. It will be my first 5K ever and I'm pretty excited. I want a Disney race medal!

Thanks for setting all this up, I'm looking forward to having a successful summer!

:welcome: Great job with your loss so far! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter