Biggest Loser--SUMMER 2011 Challenge for Losers & Maintainers!

Connie: I live north of Dallas :).

Mackeysmom: Its awesome to meet someone who worked in the field I went to college for! I'm totally excited to get moved to FL and get a job. I'd LOVE to work for Disney but I'm not picky. I'll just be glad to have a paycheck. I've not worked since Josh and Maddied passed away. So, I'm hoping to start at part time and work my way up to full time.

QOTD Monday, June 6
Do you have an exercise plan?

I had an exercise plan at the beginning of the year: 3 training sessions and 2 days of working out at home (treadmill, 30 day shred, or walking outside). Now that its summer and its hot as Hades here in Texas I need to come up with another plan. I need to get back outside and start training for my 5K again but it defiantely will be in the evening when its cooled down.

I got the grocery list made last night (FINALLY!) and now I just need to sit down and make out a meal plan for us. We may be going shopping tonight since Alan plans on coming home early from the shop.

Plans for the day
: Washing sheets from our bed, folding and putting away all the clean laundry, meal plan list, exercise plan

Yes, my planned day is starting this late in the day. I was up til almost 5am watching reruns of The Nanny and couldn't sleep. I woke up about an hour ago and my jaw hit the floor when I discovered how late it was. Oh well no biggie I can still get some things accomplished.

Be back in a flash.. :)

Not really. I want to get 2 hours per week, but with being on crutches right now, my options are limited. I swam a bit yesterday, but I did more floating than swimming. :rolleyes: Until I can run again I just feel like everything costs too much - I'd have to join a gym or buy an elliptical or get a real bicycle (I have a stationary bike but I have grown to hate it over the past 6 months and I would much prefer to be outside). I just want my stupid hip to heal and get out of my way!
I so get this! And I have only been dealing with itbs since the beginning of March. I am SO SICK of the bike. I HATE the Y pool. I just want to run!!!! I'm so sorry you have been dealing with this so long and I really, really, really hope the crutches do the trick.:hug:

rose you're the best coach! :hug:
Thanks Nancy.:hug: I needed that today.

I feel like I am barely holding it together here. I faked it during the weekend, but things are catching up with me a bit. We have a little bit of family stuff going on, but hopefully it will settle down soon. My knee(s) have been tweaking since I ran on Saturday.:sad2: So probably no runs this week. And I really, really could use the stress relief.

My hips were really tight after my appointment last week and the run we took on Saturday--even though it was great--aggravated things again. Uggh. I think I am going to take a break from the chiro for a bit. My hips/itband were feeling great until I went to see him last week, so something is going on. I feel like I am very close to a recovery at this point, but if things don't improve I'm going to look at maybe a pt. This has been so frustrating.

My food has been all over the place--though I am still maintaining. I just need to get my act together and suck it up and do other forms of exercise whether I want to or not. I AM NOT gaining back weight and having to buy new clothes again. Ok, sorry for the little pity party.

It was great to see so many people with exercise plans!:goodvibes

Have a great evening!:goodvibes

So far this spring I've just been trying to be conscious of increasing my activity. Lots of walking, etc. My husband and I just made a plan last night where we are going to do weight training workouts 3x/week as well. What an appropriate QOTD today! Weight training workout #1 tonight! I'm not going to stop my walking though!

I'm loving everyones interpretation of todays quote, it sounds like we are all on the same page.

QOTD Monday, June 6

My current plan is to continue and finish C25K, then get started on the bridge to 10K program. My goal is the princess 1/2 in 2012 so I'm working on that for motivation.

Plans for the day: Washing sheets from our bed, folding and putting away all the clean laundry, meal plan list, exercise plan

Sheets: CHECK
Meal Plan: CHECK
Folding & putting away laundry: slowly making progress
Exercise Plan: Getting ready to work on it now

Well, I am on day 2 and I think I am doing pretty good. I am so happy! At work today I visited my managers office and she always has chocolate in her jar, and I didn't take any!!! I also didn't put any butter on my potatoes at lunch so I am very happy, Oh, I also drank lots of water too. I just feel better all around!
Awwwww, Vija I'm so happy I could inspire someone!! You just made my day!! I think I'm gonna cry! It's nice being on the other side. There are a whole group of ladies here that inspire me every day, I'm honored to stand with them today.

I like your plan of taking a whole year. they did that on Extreme Makeover Weight loss edition. They gave the person mini goals, 3 months at a time and the trainer worked with the girl for some of the time. They showed her a year later and it was great.

this is another quote I like "You didn't put it on in a day, it won't come off in a day"
I have to remind myself of that a lot.

We've given up fast food too. Give it about a week, you will physically feel so much better and mentally you will too.
I think that is a great start!! One small change at a time!

I'm glad I made your day!:thumbsup2 It truly was a quote I needed to hear! I saw last weeks episode of extreme makeover, weight loss edition. It was inspiring. I am looking forward to seeing the next one. It is on tonight, but I have to watch it tomorrow. I hope to be sleeping by 9pm. I have to be up and out early to work tomorrow. I look forward to feeling better after staying away from the fast food.
Angie -
I have an app on my phone for keeping track of my calories and its great because i can actually scan the barcodes of the foods im eating and it will find the food for me! Cant get any easier!
What is the name of the app that you use? I am looking for something, but haven't found exactly what I want yet.

loved your journal entry! sounds like you are on the right path! looking forward to following you in your journey! :)

i'm feeling better today and less bloated on all the salt from the previous day. i'm still up 8.5 lbs and i'm only 15 weeks which is a bit much. i have my doctor's appt tomorrow and i wonder what he'll say about the weight gain. it's hard mentally and emotionally seeing the numbers go back to where they were not that long ago. all last summer i was 144-147 and started the spring challenge at 143.5. i was so thrilled to get to 135 and finally reaching goal that it's just a little hard to wake up at 142.5 again. and 15 weeks preggo means that extra 8.5 is NOT even close to all baby. ah well.

tomorrow is my ob appt in manhattan at 8am. i will have to bring thomas. ugh. then wednesday i have an ultrasound at the hospital at 7:45. dh will be there so he can at least hold thomas for me! thursday i'm going to take thomas up to some talent agency. people have been saying he should model for a long time so i figure i'd see if he really is cute or if people are just being nice! :laughing:

Thanks for the encouraging words! good luck tomorrow at your appointment and I am glad that you are feeling better!

QOTD Monday, June 6
Not really, I am just going with what I feel like doing that day. I have walking in the neighborhood, I have a stairmaster at home and lots of exercise DVD's and Wii games that I work out too. I don't want to set up something that I "have to do" because then it becomes too stressful. I have set up that I need to do some form of exercise everyday, as to what it is, I wait to see how I am feeling.

Trying to get back into my old routine. Did 2 mile WATP this morning and walking to the Wellness Center. I also hope to pull out the Wii and try a new dance workout I bought last month.

TTFN :tigger:
I LOVE my Wii dance workouts! They are so much fun!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? i just did a reply to pretty much every single person and the post is gone. :crazy2::faint: that stupid post took just about all of thomas's nap to complete and now he's awake! waaaah! so frustrating.

i didn't have any donuts at the park! woot! i had a bunch of fruit that my friend brought and a half a cup of coffee. for lunch i had a big salad of lettuce, cucumber, olives, shredded cheddar and full fat french. the dressing was bad but meh, i still ate a salad. i also had a fruit smoothie - frozen strawberries, a banana, couple of spoonfuls of nonfat greek yogurt, and milk (well, prob 1/2 cup milk and the rest water). it was so good and refreshing.

i also ran three miles today! i won't get a run in tomorrow or wednesday morning because of doc appts and it's supposed to be horribly hot. glad i got the run! my foot is bothering me but i'm sure it'll go away.

I hate when that happens! Great job with some excellent food choices. It is already hot here, so I know I am going to get a walk in tonight at least, tomorrow it is supposed to be really bad.

I feel like I am barely holding it together here. I faked it during the weekend, but things are catching up with me a bit. We have a little bit of family stuff going on, but hopefully it will settle down soon. My knee(s) have been tweaking since I ran on Saturday.:sad2: So probably no runs this week. And I really, really could use the stress relief.

My hips were really tight after my appointment last week and the run we took on Saturday--even though it was great--aggravated things again. Uggh. I think I am going to take a break from the chiro for a bit. My hips/itband were feeling great until I went to see him last week, so something is going on. I feel like I am very close to a recovery at this point, but if things don't improve I'm going to look at maybe a pt. This has been so frustrating.

My food has been all over the place--though I am still maintaining. I just need to get my act together and suck it up and do other forms of exercise whether I want to or not. I AM NOT gaining back weight and having to buy new clothes again. Ok, sorry for the little pity party.

I am so sorry that you are struggling right now. It isn't easy when tough times are all around us. Hang in there. And I agree with a previous poster, you are doing an amazing job as coach this week. It has been a while since I've been here, but your positive posts has made me feel so welcome, and supported. thanks for all of your hard work, especially hearing that things are hard right now, you are doing great!

maria i reeeaaalllly would like your banana muffin recipe! please oh please won't you share?? :)

Umm, ok, but it is nothing impressive. I get a box of Chiquita banana bread mix, and follow the directions on the package. :blush: You get 12 muffins and it's at a fraction of the cost of Vitatops. I know the fiber content is less, but honestly, I'm just as satisfied with these and they do taste better...

Is everyone ready for the HGTV Disney yard show?! It's on tonight at 8 Eastern time. I can't believe how excited I am to watch this! I just want to see something happy on my tv, and my regular outlets (History, Discovery, Travel), haven't had new and exciting for awhile. I'm so happy it's a series and not a one-time thing. ::yes::

Maria :upsidedow

Is everyone ready for the HGTV Disney yard show?! It's on tonight at 8 Eastern time. I can't believe how excited I am to watch this! I just want to see something happy on my tv, and my regular outlets (History, Discovery, Travel), haven't had new and exciting for awhile. I'm so happy it's a series and not a one-time thing. ::yes::

I am so excited too!!! I set up a series recording. I can't wait to watch it, and hope that maybe it will inspire DH to do some Disney inspired yard decorating! I am planning on doing a Mickey shaped flower box in the front of the yard. It just is a lot of money and I am saving all of our pennies for our vacations.

Umm, ok, but it is nothing impressive. I get a box of Chiquita banana bread mix, and follow the directions on the package. :blush: You get 12 muffins and it's at a fraction of the cost of Vitatops. I know the fiber content is less, but honestly, I'm just as satisfied with these and they do taste better...

well hey that's easy! even i can handle a box mix. thanks! :)

and thanks for reminding us about the show! i just taped it! looking forward to something to watch! summer tv is pretty bad!

Hey guys! I did okay today. I had a bowl of frosted shredded wheat for breakfast, at 9:30am, a normal time! :thumbsup2 For lunch I had the leftovers from last night's shrimp pasta, just a small portion. I also had a small dish of sherbet. For dinner we were going to make steak, but we had some poor time planning and ended up getting pizza and breadsticks from the Pizza Hut in Target. I had half of a personal pan cheese pizza and 1.5 breadsticks. No soda! I had a fruit salad as a snack earlier (grapes, strawberries, watermelon). I've also had a few pieces of taffy today. I'm working on the water.

I did try and mow the lawn. Problem is our grass is about a foot high. We bought a new push mower, but it was the floor model and long story short, it doesn't have a grass chute right now, just the bagger which is a PITA when the grass is this long. Plus the handle is too long for me and it needs to be adjusted-I kept hitting myself in the rib with my elbows. Hope to do some more C25K tomorrow.

Well, I got everything accomplished except still working on the laundry. OYE!

We just got home from Kroger and unloaded groceries. Alan is making burgers on the grill and I'm going to sit down and watch Monday night Raw with him. Then when its over I need to seperate all the chicken we bought.

I feel like I am barely holding it together here. I faked it during the weekend, but things are catching up with me a bit. We have a little bit of family stuff going on, but hopefully it will settle down soon.

Sorry to hear things are stressful. I hope they all settle soon too. Hang in there with the food stuff.:hug:

I am happy to report a pretty alright day:thumbsup2 After lunch I got a little snacky but tried to pick the best choices. Strawberries, cheese stick (1/2), tiny pack of graham crackers. This part of the day was TOM taking over.:lmao:
For dinner I made corn on the cob, parsley potatoes, and bbq chicken on the grill. I had small portions. I drank at least 80 oz of water today and although I didnt want to have any soda I did give in and had a few sips. Diet of course but still.:headache:

I then got out for a run. I think it was about 36min long and let me tell you it felt like it was the first time I had ever ran. It felt horrible and good at the same time but I really noticed the 10-15lbs I have put back on. It made me sad but I was not going to let it get me down. I am hoping I can get back in the groove quickly.

I came home and had two tiny choc. chip cookies which again was TOM taking over but I am journaling and counting everything so its ok.

I am now going to go directly to my bedroom so I am not tempted to eat anything else.:laughing:

I will talk to you all in the morning.!!!!

Honestly, I am still here. Today was the last day of school for my older DS - his brother was out on Friday. So I hope to get to the point in the next few days where there is a little less mayhem of running all over the place, picking up and dropping off QUITE so much every day.

It was a hot one here in Minnesota - 100 degrees my car said earlier!

So I'm going to catch up on a couple of QOTD's...

QOTD Friday, June 3rd
Introduce yourself! Why are you here?

Hi, I'm Corinna, 37 year old mom of 2, wife of 1, previous loser, previous maintainer, etc. etc. DH and I celebrated 15 years of marriage a couple of weeks ago, and amazingly people were telling me that I hadn't changed at all in the intervening years. Which is ridiculous - I changed a lot, and then I changed back...mostly.

And now for a few photos...

Our wedding day
31757_404679717720_614837720_4687890_664991_n.jpg

And our anniversary, 15 years later:
AndrewCorinna2011.jpg

And I can see where it looks like I haven't changed that much. But what the people saying that didn't see was this:

IMG_1853_2.jpg

Or this:

CorinnaBA.jpg

This is me in the 2009 WDW Half Marathon and the 2010 Disneyland Half Marathon. The photos from the 2010 Half were terrible because of cold weather, but this photo from the Disneyland Half in August 2010 is pretty much the same way I looked in January, except not all bundled up!

So you can see, I spent 10 of our 15 years of marriage gaining, losing or carrying around up to 65 extra pounds. Starting in 2007, I began losing and sometimes regaining while learning to run and planning to run the WDW half marathon in 2009. In 2009 I finished that half marathon at a weight that I was not happy with, but I ran it and realized that if I could do that, I could achieve any dream. At one point, I realized that I could not do it on my own by "trying to eat healthily" or "trying to eat less." I needed a plan and I needed to give myself over to it. I followed Weight Watchers all the way down to my goal weight (with the help and support of many on the Biggest Loser challenges that year!) and maintained for nearly a year before they changed the plan and it no longer was what I needed it to be. I've got a good thing going now with MyFitnessPal.com (which also has an app for the iphone and droid - the droid app has a barcode scanner, the iphone does not) and some WISH friends there as well. I just really need to be able to track my food - all my food - and make it balance with my workouts, and MFP provides those tools for free!

I am here to say that this can be done. It can be maintained, but it takes continuing focus, support and intention. Without those things, it is all to easy for the weight to creep back on, even while training for distance running and lifting weights and eating healthy food (mostly). I'll try to share the things that have helped me along the way, but I'm really here because continuing to focus on healthy weight habits is crucial to my continuing to stay at a weight that is happy and healthy for me.

QOTD Saturday, June 4
What are your goals for the challenge? A lot of things I have read say that in order to be successful it works best to break a larger goal into smaller goals. Do you have intermediate goals? Do you have any rewards for along the way

I thought I'd be doing this as a maintainer - my pants fit, I am under my "Scream Weight" but I'm not back to where I was at my "best" goal weight. So I'm going to lose a couple more pounds in this challenge toward the team goal before transitioning back to full-on maintenance. We're talking at this point...like....3.5 pounds. Some of which actually may be muscle - I've been upping the ante in Bodypump and TRX classes. So we'll see - I think I'll recognize that sweet spot when I'm in it again.

QOTD Sunday, June 5
So, I think everyone has some great goals. But as I have learned the hard way, things don't always go exactly as planned. The hardest thing about healthy living in my opinion, is just staying on the wagon. Do you have a plan in place to deal with weeks when you may not loose or days when you just fall off the wagon?

The plan is: Just pick one "on track" thing to focus on at a time. A couple of weeks back, I was struggling with tracking, so I resolved to "complete" my food journal each day. It didn't matter if I was over, under or right on the money, just track and complete. I've been doing it for three weeks now and in general, I am hitting my target each day. Focus on being consistent with ONE doable thing. The rest falls into place.

QOTD Monday, June 6

I need to get a training plan. My plans have been fluxed a lot this spring because of a triathlon I thought I was doing but then couldn't, changing kids schedules and swimming lessons. In general, I plan to run on most of the days I don't have another class planned. This summer is going to be different because I'll be away from my YMCA, so I am working with a trainer to set up a strength plan during that time that I can do on my own with a TRX and a few other things.

I also need to get a marathon training plan...cause I'm planning on the Twin Cities Marathon in October, followed by the Goofy Challenge in January. Which is Half Marathon on Saturday, Full Marathon on Sunday. I'm going to run it and stop for photos and have lots of fun with some other WISH teammates.

Soooo....that's probably enough for now. Thanks so much, Biggest Loser friends!

I'm excited to report that I have received WIN! numbers from TWENTY of you now! If anyone else would like to jump in, I'd love for you to join us.:thumbsup2

I haven't read everything I missed but wanted to thank corrinak. I love a good inspiring story :) Thanks for sharing it.

I so get this! And I have only been dealing with itbs since the beginning of March. I am SO SICK of the bike. I HATE the Y pool. I just want to run!!!! I'm so sorry you have been dealing with this so long and I really, really, really hope the crutches do the trick.:hug:

Thanks Nancy.:hug: I needed that today.

Hugs!

I am so excited too!!! I set up a series recording. I can't wait to watch it, and hope that maybe it will inspire DH to do some Disney inspired yard decorating! I am planning on doing a Mickey shaped flower box in the front of the yard. It just is a lot of money and I am saving all of our pennies for our vacations.

I don't have that channel and am so bummed! I wish I could see the show. Please make sure to report back on how it is!

As for my day...pretty good. I went for a 30 min walk/jog during lunch and then after my daughters gymnastics got cancelled, I took the opportunity to go to the gym and did 42 minutes on the eliptical. I ate within points...still have 2 more points to go. I had lots of water, ate my fruit, didn't have any soda and avoided all the junk food people brought in to share at work. I have started something new at work. I have taken it upon myself to email a few of my coworkers who are also trying to lose weight/be healthy some inspirational messages. My first one went out today and I got a very good response from it. It also helps me stay on track so it's a win/win situation. As for the exercise...I think just having my workout gear in my car all the time will help me take advantage of any opportunity to work out. I did make plans to go walking with some coworkers during lunch tomorrow and I have my WW weigh in tomorrow night.

Have a great night!
SarahMay

Is it too late to join in? I finally got fed up and went to the doctor today and asked for some help.

Apollo 13 just landed safely in the water at my house. Don't know how many times we've seen that movie, but my boys are always glued to it when they find it.

Life is crazy hectic here. I don't know if I'm coming or going, but am pretty much OP eating, except I did cut myself a second slice of banana bread today. Writing everything down. Got C25K week 7 day 1 in this morning.

Squeezing in time to skim the thread, but that's about all. So hello to everybody, loving reading about everything--you're doing great!

BronxNancy--so cool you can feel the baby. Such a special time.

Gretchen--I hear you about the lawn! This weekend I could get one and a half passes before the bag was full. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

No time for anything else. It's past my bedtime.

Good Tuesday morning.

BBQ was fine last night. I had a cheeseburger, salad and one small scoop of potato salad. For dessert I had strawberries and watermelon.

When I got home I got to see the reveal of the show of the new HGTV Disney show. THen I got a call from my mom. Whenever she calls after 8 at night it is never good news. One of my cousins died. I am the youngest of my cousins on my father side and she was one of the oldest. I don't remember the last time I saw her. My parents are going to the funeral. then I got a call from a friend about a friend that we are just learning about her lung cancer and how bad it is. It is very scary. She never smoked. The sad part is that she is not talking to anyone about it

Is it too late to join in? I finally got fed up and went to the doctor today and asked for some help.

It is not too late. pm your weight to me. Welcome this is a great group.

Apollo 13 just landed safely in the water at my house. Don't know how many times we've seen that movie, but my boys are always glued to it when they find it.

I teach AP calculus and when we are done my first year class watch Apollo 13. I watch it about 2 -3 times a year and ahave been doing this for 8 years. Then the students write about astronauts and the space program. This year they are also doing 20 minutes presentations about some aspect of the space program. Last week a kid was ushered into my classroom to the theme of 2001 a space odyssey wearing 2 rolls of foil wrapped around his body and a foil covered box over his head. It was a lot of fun.

Have a happy and healthy day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter