"Bike Flags"

Twende

Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....
Does any one have any direct experience with putting a "bike Flag" on their wheelchair or scooter?
Will security make you remove it to enter the park?
My other idea was to use a balloon instead of a little triangular piece of fabric but is there still a rule about no balloons in AK?

I really think I remember seeing the liittle triangle flags before in the parks.

Last edited:
I can't remember seeing any with bike flags. I'd think a balloon would blow around in the wind and hit people walking beside you and if you stayed in the ECV in a show it may block people behind you.

• I've tied a colorful bandana around the handle (like $1 at Walmart).
  • I've seen people put t-shirts on the seat back so that is very obvious and also helps keep the seat from getting hot.
  • I've also used those battery operated lights on a wire string (like $5) and wrapped them around the front and used that at night - they aren't super bright and can be turned off if you aren't using them.
  • I think there was a discussion about trackers like the Tile tracker or the Apple AirTag - which could be an option but I think that's more if you are concerned the WC/ECV will be moved far away from where you parked it.
Hope you find something that works!

I can't remember seeing any with bike flags. I'd think a balloon would blow around in the wind and hit people walking beside you and if you stayed in the ECV in a show it may block people behind you.

• I've tied a colorful bandana around the handle (like $1 at Walmart).
  • I've seen people put t-shirts on the seat back so that is very obvious and also helps keep the seat from getting hot.
  • I've also used those battery operated lights on a wire string (like $5) and wrapped them around the front and used that at night - they aren't super bright and can be turned off if you aren't using them.
  • I think there was a discussion about trackers like the Tile tracker or the Apple AirTag - which could be an option but I think that's more if you are concerned the WC/ECV will be moved far away from where you parked it.
Hope you find something that works!
I was thinking about putting the balloon on the end of a shortened bike fiberglass rod. That way it would not blow around, as that would drive me crazy too. The rod would either be detachable or I would bend it down with a piece of velcro to keep it out of the way during shows. Just like I always take my ears off so I do not block the view of others behind me. Also in AK they do not allow any kind of balloons so it would not work in that park.

I am working on a seat cover and was thinking pillow case but a t-shirt would work too. Great idea!

I have the lights that I use to use on the rental scooter so I can now permanently attach those to my scooter.
MinnieScooter2-12-2022.jpg
Here is what I did to my ECV over the weekend. We are now calling her Minnie!

There are no balloons allowed at AK for the safety of the animals. And balloons are annoying anyway because they blow in the wind. Even if you’ve got it on a short tether, I’ve seen people using ECVs getting hit in the head while driving and while getting on and off their ECV.

I have occasionally seen people with the ‘bike flags’ driving around at WDW; I don’t know if they were asked to remove it after I saw them.
If you decide to use one, it should be removable for shows and also if you are using the buses (shows to avoid being in anyone’s view and buses to keep it out of the way of bus driver fastening the ECV in).

Your decorations look cute. Are they plain white or reflective?

I decorated my DD’s wheelchair with glow in the dark stars I bought and reflective ones I cut with my Cricut machine. Love a bit of bling!74E7999A-A2CA-4CB4-9C89-A3B6DE5BC616.jpeg

Your decorations look cute. Are they plain white or reflective?

I decorated my DD’s wheelchair with glow in the dark stars I bought and reflective ones I cut with my Cricut machine. Love a bit of bling!View attachment 647432
Oh Sue that is such a good idea! I did not think about reflective ones! Mine are plain white! Where were you Friday when I decided to do this? LOL!

I haven’t used a flag that was designed as a bike flag, but once two of us in our party with ECVs bought Jolly Roger flags at the POTC gift shop and stuck the poles into the pocket on the back of the seat. The pole was long enough that the flags flew right over our heads. It’s impossible to know for sure, but it certainly seemed like it improved our visibility.

I haven’t used a flag that was designed as a bike flag, but once two of us in our party with ECVs bought Jolly Roger flags at the POTC gift shop and stuck the poles into the pocket on the back of the seat. The pole was long enough that the flags flew right over our heads. It’s impossible to know for sure, but it certainly seemed like it improved our visibility.

I suppose Disney can't complain about something they sell that is on a pole - very funny!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter