BINGO!

The last time I played I felt the prizes weren’t very good for the amount of people playing and the cost to play. One round had prizes that were gift bags, but the contents of each gift bag was only worth about $20-$30. One gift bag only contained 3 tsum tsums. I paid $40 to play, so even if I had won a gift bag, I wouldn’t have come out ahead. The cash prizes seemed a bit low as well. Just my opinion. My next cruise is 7 day so I probably will play once. But I think I’ll skip it on shorter cruises. I have played bingo on other cruise lines and felt the prizes were more generous. My Mom won a free cruise playing Bingo on a different cruise line.

The last time I played I felt the prizes weren’t very good for the amount of people playing and the cost to play. One round had prizes that were gift bags, but the contents of each gift bag was only worth about $20-$30. One gift bag only contained 3 tsum tsums. I paid $40 to play, so even if I had won a gift bag, I wouldn’t have come out ahead. The cash prizes seemed a bit low as well. Just my opinion. My next cruise is 7 day so I probably will play once. But I think I’ll skip it on shorter cruises. I have played bingo on other cruise lines and felt the prizes were more generous. My Mom won a free cruise playing Bingo on a different cruise line.

Those gifts given out are not bingo prizes for winning the game, but rather a separate raffle of prizes just for playing. The prizes for winning the game are always cash and starts at no less than $100 per game each session and get progressively more throughout the session and cruise, but of course, that is split if there are multiple bingos on that same ball.

Years ago when our children were younger, we took them to bingo on the ship. We were just going to play paper because it was cheaper. My son pouted because he wanted the electronic machine, and my husband caved and let him get it. We won off of the electronic machine! It wasn't a big jackpot, but it was over $500, so I was ecstatic! We played again later in the week, and again, our son wanted the electronic machine. It won again! We have never won again since then, but my daughter and I are cruising this month, and I hope our losing streak ends. And yes, I'm getting an electronic machine. Haha!

Yes, it's also a draw for the family pack when people see two handsets, as well. That helps to sell it. We typically buy the 48 card pack which is a lot cheaper, but has only about 6 fewer cards. That saved money adds up after a few games. On our recent Magic cruise, when I bought that at the first game, I did have a cast member comment that "no one ever gets that one first- unless they're smart." It didn't win me any bingo money, though.
Thanks for sharing your wisdom! I never thought to question the “best deal” explanation.

I was so excited I had one number left and Tony called it! Myself and another woman just in front of me jumped up and we both yelled bingo! But then Tony apologized because he was two numbers off and he had said the wrong number!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter