• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BINGO!

NOLA_Tink

Jambo, y'all!
How much is BINGO per session? And, can you purchase a package to include the entire cruise? If so, when can we buy that?

I don’t remember the exact numbers but you can’t purchase a all cruise package. However if you are platinum you get a free extra card for one round of bingo at any session excluding the last one.

Photo shows bingo prices. The cost goes up for the final jackpot bingo. You can not purchase a package for the cruise length. They do offer a free bingo card each session if you know the secret saying from the previous bingo session. We usually go with the $40 24 electronic cards which gives you the red electronic device with the cards on it plus 3 paper cards for each game. DH watches the electronic device and I punch the paper cards.453638

I went in November 2019 on the Dream...On the Second night....I paid $80 for 2 machines and 3 sets of punch cards - it was the "family package" and the most expensive and no, i didn't win.

This is all VERY helpful! My mom loved BINGO and I told her that I'd pay for her cards if she played for the both of us. (I don't think it will keep my little ones' attention.)

We played 4 times, using the Family Package each time - we didn’t win either but it was fun and a chance to beat the boredom.

This is all VERY helpful! My mom loved BINGO and I told her that I'd pay for her cards if she played for the both of us. (I don't think it will keep my little ones' attention.)

Depends how little, but Bingo is a pretty loud and boisterous event - especially when they hit B11... your kids might find it pretty fascinating!

So what is a double 6-pack? Is it cash only? Sorry, I haven’t played Bingo on a cruise ship in over 10 years..

So what is a double 6-pack? Is it cash only? Sorry, I haven’t played Bingo on a cruise ship in over 10 years..
2 sets of paper cards. There are 4 cards in each set (one for each game of that session). Each card has 6 boards on them. Numbers that are called can be punched and folded (do not tear).

Edited to add that everything is charged to your room, no cash. Any cash winnings will be credited to your stateroom account, but you can go to Guest Services with your bingo receipt to cash out if you want

I thought this was going to be a BINGO fan club thread lol
Before my first time I was all "How fun can bingo be?" Now my entire family is hooked. I haven't won but my 11yo did on his 1st try. Ha!

So is there anything that help the chances to win?

On a mathematical basis, having a family pack increases the odds of winning since there are so many more 'cards' in play. On an individual card basis, though, it's all chance, of course.

Just off the Magic. Played all four Bingo sessions and usually did the $40 or $50 option for the first three games. If you go to all three games then in the fourth final jackpot bingo you get” loyalty” pricing which is simply $10 off any of the packages. The final bingo is more expensive. I think I picked the $90 package ( which was only $80 with the loyalty pricing) which had 72 cards on the electric thingy ( which I love) and a three pack paper card. I have to say that a fair number of the wins were on the paper cards which even the bingo guy was surprised at.

And no after a 230 investment I won Nada!!

I truly think DCL needs to do something better at the Bingos. They give away three little random prizes each session( think a calendar and hat or a sling bag) but on our cruise the same guy won at every session. It’s only four games and I think they can afford to either add another game or do more little give aways between each game. You just feel so taken when the first game is won in five numbers.

The final bingo is more expensive. I think I picked the $90 package ( which was only $80 with the loyalty pricing) which had 72 cards on the electric thingy ( which I love) and a three pack paper card.

That is for a single game of Bingo or for a whole Bingo session with multiple games?

What would be the most you could have won?

That is for a single game of Bingo or for a whole Bingo session with multiple games?

What would be the most you could have won?

The prices are for one whole session of Bingo, which includes 4 games.

The prizes depend on the crowd on the given day, but each game prize gets higher and higher during the session. On my last cruise, prizes were around 180-300 for the first few games, and getting as high as 500$ or more for the final game of the session, but I've been on cruises where Bingo has been less popular and so the prizes were more in the 100-300$ range. The must go jackpot on the final day I've seen range anywhere from 4000-11000$ so that session is usually a lot busier and also more expensive.

Aby

Is the BINGO set up so newbies could play? Or is this something we should pass on if we don’t play at home?

Is the BINGO set up so newbies could play? Or is this something we should pass on if we don’t play at home?

Yes, newbie friendly. My SIL’s kids were able to pick it up on their own. Note that kids can play, but any winnings need to be claimed by an adult.

Oh they go over the rules EVERY session so no worries. Literally if you buy the electronic handset you simply watch the numbers and it will flash when your one away from Bingo at which time you then stand up so everyone else knows you only need one number. It increases the tension in the room. And then if a bingo comes on one of your cards the electronic thing flashes bingo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter