Birthday at Disney? Do you have pictures of cakes etc?

Beauty

DIS Veteran
I would love to see pictures of your cakes you got at Disney! Any balloons etc. and where you got them! Thanks so much! I would love to make my DS's 14th birthday extra special!

When I called today to get PS for Chef Mickey's on our son's birthday the lady mentioned that I could order a birthday cake for him and gave me the number. Has anyone done this? If so, how much did you pay? I would hate to order a cake and then have it be $50-$75 dollars....LOL!

Any help is appreciated.

Beauty said:
When I called today to get PS for Chef Mickey's on our son's birthday the lady mentioned that I could order a birthday cake for him and gave me the number. Has anyone done this? If so, how much did you pay? I would hate to order a cake and then have it be $50-$75 dollars....LOL!

Any help is appreciated.
I ordered one today for CM and it will be $15 and feeds 4-6 people. Chocolate cake with milk chocolate filling and white chocolate frosting. Incudes the words Happy Birthday but not my son's name and will have a Mickey Mouse Topper. Expensive?? Yes but I hope it will be worth it. If you need the number let me know. :goodvibes
HTH
Tina

No! Thats not expensive at all! Did you charge it when you called or will you pay for it that night? Did you get to choose the type you wanted?

Beauty said:
No! Thats not expensive at all! Did you charge it when you called or will you pay for it that night? Did you get to choose the type you wanted?
Well around me that's expensive but not overly so. I'll pay the night we get it. They do ask for CC# to hold it incase you don't show-24 hour cancellation thinghy in effect here. Yes choices given to me where Chocolate or Vanilla Cake...White Chocolate or Milk Chocolate filling and frosting type. Mickey or Minnie topper. I'll be doing this July 3 and getting back July 10 If you would like to see a picture of it I can send you one then. Just let me know. Oh and they don't take orders closer then 2 weeks at least not for me and need at 48 hours for order. THe number is 407-824-1520. They do ask for yor PS number also so make sure you have it handy.
HTH
Tina

Yes Tina I would love to see a picture if you don't mind! I think I will order him one. He will be 14 and ANYTHING to embarass my teenager.....LOL! He will love it! I've always wondered if B'day cake tastes better at Disney anyway!

I also ordered one for my son's 1st birthday. And it cost me $15. Very reasonable. The cake was sprinkled with sugar confetti and had a sugar Mickey on it.

I too have pictures if you'd like to see it.

Harmony said:
I also ordered one for my son's 1st birthday. And it cost me $15. Very reasonable. The cake was sprinkled with sugar confetti and had a sugar Mickey on it.

I too have pictures if you'd like to see it.
Hey Hey hey I wanna see I wanna see. I said I would post pictures when I got back. PLEASE :goodvibes
Tina

Would you happen to know if this is just for Chef Mickey's? Is this available at other restaurants as well?

Tiger

Tiger926 said:
Would you happen to know if this is just for Chef Mickey's? Is this available at other restaurants as well?

Tiger

I'd love to know this as well. I'm taking DW to Jiko for her 32nd b-day (8/22), and I'd like to order her a cake to really surprise her.

Thanks! :)

Do they do anything special for the birthday at Chef Mickeys when you order a birthday cake? Do the characters bring it out? Does anyone sing? Just wondering because a friend of mine was asking and wants to do something special for her 2 kids for their birthdays (a couple of days apart). I have never done this so I didnt know what to tell her. Thanks :flower:

If you have to ask then you can't afford it.............. :confused3

letterdavidman said:
I'd love to know this as well. I'm taking DW to Jiko for her 32nd b-day (8/22), and I'd like to order her a cake to really surprise her.

Yes they do. Most resturants in WDW you can preorder a cake. OHana's 407-824-2165, Donald Breakfastosaurus 407-938-2905, Crsytal Palace 407-824-7091. Those are the only one's I have. Dinsey Dining will give you any others. HTH
Tina

letterdavidman said:

Also you can order a cake for pick up from GF and Boardwalk Bake.
Tina

They do this for all restaurants. My cousin's daughter turned 8 while on our last vacation. She wanted to have her birthday lunch at Pizza Planet. My cousin called, ordered the cake and they had it at Pizza Planet in time for our lunch. :)

BTW...her's was chocolate on chocolate and I *think* I might have a picture of that cake too.

The only problem is...I can send it to you individually but I don't know how to post it here. If someone doesn't mind sending me the instructions, I'll post the picture of the cake asap! :)

I want to see pictures.....LOL!!!!!

I can definately afford th $15 dollars.......things like the White Chocolate Mickey are $50! Its not that I couldn't afford it, its the fact that Chef Mickeys already has desserts and I didn't want to spend that much more on something else!

I ordered a cake ($15) for my daughter for her 16th birthday, for our night at CM. A cast member brought out the cake and Minnie joined in our celebration. I also ordered balloons and a stuffed animal for her, they were on the table when we arrived along with a special placemat signed by all the characters. It was a very magic sweet 16! We were also staying at Old Key West, I told them when we checked in that her 16th was on Thursday, well we had a knock on the door and bellservices brought a huge bouquet of balloons and a birthday card signed by Chip and Dale with their picture on it! She was so surprised! :bday:

Hi where did you order the balloons from? Thats a great idea!!! I'm going to change the title to show me the pictures of your b'day cake at Disney in hopes of some pictures!

When I called Chef Mickey's they gave me a number to the florist, It was $36 for the balloons and the Stitch plush. She loved it!. Sorry I don't have the number, they can give it to you at Chef Mickey's. Good Luck!

Disney2005125.jpg

blessedby3 said:
Do they do anything special for the birthday at Chef Mickeys when you order a birthday cake? Do the characters bring it out? Does anyone sing? Just wondering because a friend of mine was asking and wants to do something special for her 2 kids for their birthdays (a couple of days apart). I have never done this so I didnt know what to tell her. Thanks :flower:

When we were there this past May for DS's 3rd b-day, there was a "special day" placemat on the table for him. I didn't order a cake, as it was just myself, DH and DS...and I had ordered a cake for later in the day at the Crystal Palace. The waitress did bring him a large cupcake with confetti sprinkles and a candle on it. When Mickey saw the cupcake, he came over and spent some time with my son. It was great!!

Here is a link to my ofoto.com album of the pictures... http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=521077384205&page=1&sort_order=0

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter